• Jan 25th, 2023 2:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4496 posts
3402 upvotes
Edmonton
thehockeyguy wrote: I’m using 256gb and it’s barely enough
Kind of like a 3000 sq. ft. house that’s not big enough. The phone, as is, is an available product that suits the needs of many people. It is being offered at a very good price. That’s the deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8942 posts
10076 upvotes
Product support for those considering moving to an iPhone from an Android device or vice versa.

Apple released software updates including to the iPhone 5s which was introduced on Sept 20, 2013!

iOS 16.3 fixes multiple security vulnerabilities along with iOS 15.7.3 and other updates
https://9to5mac.com/2023/01/23/ios-16-3 ... abilities/

"There’s even an update available for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and other devices that are stuck on iOS 12. It’s worth noting that Apple is letting all users stay on iOS 15.7 while still receiving security patches instead of being forced to update to iOS 16. However, it’s unclear whether the company has plans to maintain support for iOS 15 for long."

Btw, Sept 20, 2013 to today;

• It is 3413 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.
• Or 9 years, 4 months, 4 days including the end date.
• Or 112 months, 4 days including the end date.
On this day in 1946, the U.S. venture-capital industry was born as John Hay Whitney founded J.H. Whitney & Co. to finance...new businesses. Whitney's firm went on to finance Freeport Sulphur, the Minute Maid Co., Memorex Corp. and Compaq Computer.
Jun 29, 2021
5 posts
25 upvotes
I bought one for my dad. He has a good reputation of bricking android phones. Wonder if he can do the same for iOS.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1297 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Man RFD has a hardon for sacking iPhone SE and anything with less than 512GB of storage.
Like how hard is it for people to understand that there are use cases for all kinds of people.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Some people don't stream anything and prefer local storage.
Sure, but even there 64GB is enough. How many days of content do you need stored on your phone?

I have 2 complete seasons of a show I'm currently watching downloaded to my 64GB phone, and I still have tons of storage left.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8942 posts
10076 upvotes
repatch wrote: Sure, but even there 64GB is enough. How many days of content do you need stored on your phone?

I have 2 complete seasons of a show I'm currently watching downloaded to my 64GB phone, and I still have tons of storage left.
Why are you even debating with the person who thinks he has a "5G" phone? Probably has 1TB of storage on his phone too.
On this day in 1946, the U.S. venture-capital industry was born as John Hay Whitney founded J.H. Whitney & Co. to finance...new businesses. Whitney's firm went on to finance Freeport Sulphur, the Minute Maid Co., Memorex Corp. and Compaq Computer.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1214 posts
1890 upvotes
MrMom wrote: Why are you even debating with the person who thinks he has a "5G" phone? Probably has 1TB of storage on his phone too.
I have a 5G phone and 512GB of storage, thank you very much. My other phone that takes SD card has a 1TB SD card. You, OTOH, are irrelevant and needlessly angry. Relax. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1214 posts
1890 upvotes
repatch wrote: How many days of content do you need stored on your phone?
As much as possible when I don't have internet connection, more storage the better. With 64GB, you're deleting things and re-downloading them. You will not convince some people that 64GB of storage is satisfactory, the end.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19377 posts
3579 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
isgaard wrote: As much as possible when I don't have internet connection, more storage the better. With 64GB, you're deleting things and re-downloading them. You will not convince some people that 64GB of storage is satisfactory, the end.
Then "some people" shouldn't buy this phone. This point says nothing about the people who are not "some people." I swear, this is like someone with 6 kids chiming in on a discussion about buying a sedan. "You will not convince some people that 5 seats is satisfactory for me when I have 6 kids." Yeah, so what, move on.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1214 posts
1890 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: Yeah, so what, move on.
You are right, this is a bad deal for some people. I am moving on. Thank you and have a great day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
isgaard wrote: As much as possible when I don't have internet connection, more storage the better. With 64GB, you're deleting things and re-downloading them. You will not convince some people that 64GB of storage is satisfactory, the end.
Granted, but you have to accept that for most users it is enough, 'watching stuff offline' doesn't fly.

The reason people NEED more storage is usually those who CREATE media content. When I'm on a trip I can easily consume 64GB in the course of taking photos and videos. In those cases having more storage is really important, especially if you don't have access to high speed internet (for uploading your content). The worst thing is when you want to capture something and your storage is full and you spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what can be deleted.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)