• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 9:28 am
[OP]
May 26, 2012
97 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton

[Costco] Apple TV 4K 32 GB $194.99/ 64GB $209.99 with Masterpass

I know a lot of people are waiting for Apple TV to be stocked at Costco, they have the 32 gig model in stock now as the 64 gig seems to be backed up for quite a time. I usually don't post deals due to the amount of flaming that seems go on hahaha *nervous laughter* but this is a pretty good deal. It's regular price is $229 so Costco is already $10 off and with the $25 off Masterpass this saves you $35, most I've seen on this so far.

I'm personally going to wait for the 64 gig model but for those that would like to get this now with no guarantee on when Costco will stock the 64 this is a good option.

Edit: Looks like the 64 gig one is in stock for $234.99 then take off the $25 Masterpass!

https://www.costco.ca/Apple-TV-4K-64GB- ... 83015.html
Last edited by pseclint on Oct 3rd, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
166 replies
Sep 15, 2006
487 posts
125 upvotes
Can someone explain why having a larger hard drive on this is important? I thought these devices were just used for streaming.
Nov 3, 2013
191 posts
122 upvotes
Regina, SK
engman13 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:37 am
Can someone explain why having a larger hard drive on this is important? I thought these devices were just used for streaming.
From the reviews I read, 64GB seems to be more for people who wanted to download a bunch of games. If you're using it for mostly streaming, 32GB will be fine.
Mar 24, 2016
239 posts
239 upvotes
scarborough
ha ha ha

just kidding..

i'm going to wait for the 64gb as well beacuse of the download feature on Netflix. The internet at the cottage is very slow, buffers a lot and resolution is poor. At least with more memory i can download the movie or tv show and watch it with better resolution and no buffering
[OP]
May 26, 2012
97 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
slgta wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:42 am
At this price (even with the discount), I can buy two 4K Mi Box Intetrnational version which runs Google TV. Why we need to pay for more to get Apple TV?!
Apple is coming out with their own Original content, that is part of my motive.
May 24, 2011
935 posts
196 upvotes
BC
thx OP! good to see this finally listed, wasn't there yesterday
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2968 posts
651 upvotes
Montreal
pseclint wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:43 am
Apple is coming out with their own Original content, that is part of my motive.
What kind of "original content" do you mean, and will this only play on Apple devices?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4168 upvotes
Gatineau
slgta wrote:
At this price (even with the discount), I can buy two 4K Mi Box International version which runs Android TV. Why we need to pay for more to get Apple TV?!
Yeah... with the Chromecast 4K, Roku 4K, and FireTV 3 (4K) being so much cheaper, I'm finding it very difficult to justify spending so much more for Apple (even in comparison to the Apple TV 4th gen, 4K support is the only newly added feature).

I think I am going to wait for their 6th generation to see what features they bring to justify spending that much. Apple TV exclusive content isn't enough of a reason .

djino
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
845 upvotes
Muskoka
The new Apple TV is also supposed to be partnering with some (CBC ? ) for some live content as well. I know it also works with the new SportsNet app. So news and sports were the 2 biggest issues for those wanting to go complete streaming (legallly)
Sep 15, 2006
487 posts
125 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 12:59 pm
The new Apple TV is also supposed to be partnering with some (CBC ? ) for some live content as well. I know it also works with the new SportsNet app. So news and sports were the 2 biggest issues for those wanting to go complete streaming (legallly)
They've partnered with Bell also, apparently you can download the Bell Fibe app on the 4th gen and it'll act like an additional receiver.
Mar 24, 2016
239 posts
239 upvotes
scarborough
slgta wrote:
At this price (even with the discount), I can buy two 4K Mi Box International version which runs Android TV. Why we need to pay for more to get Apple TV?!
My answer to that is the quality of the products and apps. My family and I have had 5 android phones and 3 android boxes in the last 5 years and have had nothing but problem with the app crashing or units needed constant reboot. The phone have lasted only a period of 1.5 years before replacing them with apple iPhones. The android boxes were always a constant problem with rebooting and apps not working, always buffering etc. etc. Replaces it with an apple tv and it was no issues. The iphones which still worked fine after 3.5 years before i replaced them with the new iphones. No issues with apps. One iphone my daughter dropped it and screen cracked and the apple store replaced phone with refurb for $50 after warranty ran out. Apple's customer service is the best in retail industry and that's including itunes.Google apps quickly become obsolete when in new update come out. Given up on Android going with apple ios. Apple ipad works great as well

And Bell Tv works great on Apple Tv.
Mar 24, 2016
239 posts
239 upvotes
scarborough
engman13 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:05 pm
They've partnered with Bell also, apparently you can download the Bell Fibe app on the 4th gen and it'll act like an additional receiver.
Also works with discovery go, cp24 go, cbc, a&e,Cnn etc. but you need to subscribe to a home tv package.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1987 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
explorer11 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:18 pm
My answer to that is the quality of the products and apps. My family and I have had 5 android phones and 3 android boxes in the last 5 years and have had nothing but problem with the app crashing or units needed constant reboot. The phone have lasted only a period of 1.5 years before replacing them with apple iPhones. The android boxes were always a constant problem with rebooting and apps not working, always buffering etc. etc. Replaces it with an apple tv and it was no issues. The iphones which still worked fine after 3.5 years before i replaced them with the new iphones. No issues with apps. One iphone my daughter dropped it and screen cracked and the apple store replaced phone with refurb for $50 after warranty ran out. Apple's customer service is the best in retail industry and that's including itunes.Google apps quickly become obsolete when in new update come out. Given up on Android going with apple ios. Apple ipad works great as well

If your going to compare the Apple TV to an Android box, at least be fair and compare it to the Nvidia Shield, which performs flawlessly and does lot more than the Apple TV and allows you to upgrade storage capacity with ease.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4168 upvotes
Gatineau
explorer11 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:18 pm

Perhaps you should have tried better streaming devices like the FireTV or the Roku (and even chromecast).

Granted, I get the appeal of wanting a device that simply works. I am a current iPhone 6S user (and have been a former Android smartphone user), so I get the appeal of wanting to stay in the Apple ecosystem with its Apple TV. But if you take a clear objective look at what they are offering in comparison to the last generation and in comparison to other 4K streaming devices (such as the ones I just mentioned), I'm sure you would see that it simply isn't worth it at the current price point. You are simply just buying the name brand. <-- Which is fine if that is what you want to do, but no need to bundle it up with excuses that other devices are crippled with issues to justify it, because it simply isn't true.

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4168 upvotes
Gatineau
explorer11 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 1:20 pm
Also works with discovery go, cp24 go, cbc, a&e,Cnn etc. but you need to subscribe to a home tv package.
And so does the Roku, Chromecast, and the FireTV. That setup isn't exclusive to the Apple TV.

djino

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)