Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Apple Watch SE GPS 44mm (All Colours) [$367.99+tax)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2021 5:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2012
144 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Apple Watch SE GPS 44mm (All Colours) [$367.99+tax)

Looks like Costco is discounting their 44mm Apple Watch SE similar to the Walmart deal. Available both in-store and online, all colours are available.

Watch is great if you don't care about blood oxygen and always on displays, save close to $200 compared to the Series 6.

Features:
GPS/GNSS
Compass
Always-on altimeter
Water resistant 50 metres
Second-generation optical heart sensor
International Emergency Calling
Emergency SOS
Accelerometer up to 32 g-forces with Fall Detection
Gyroscope
Ambient light sensor
Speaker 50 per cent louder
Microphone (enables Noise app)
Apple Pay
GymKit
Capacity 32GB
Ceramic and sapphire crystal back
44mm (368x448 pixels, 977 sq mm display area)
40mm (324x394 pixels, 759 sq mm display area)
Retina LTPO OLED display (1,000 nits brightness)
S5 SiP with 64-bit dual-core processor up to 2x faster than S3
W3 Apple wireless chip
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
Bluetooth 5.0
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery up to 18 hours
Magnetic charging cable
61 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1639 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Is it cheaper in store?
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time
Intel core 2 duo E8400
Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram
XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 7200RPM HDD w/ 32mb cache
Logitech z560 4.1
Oct 2, 2016
148 posts
415 upvotes
I’m not a member so I can’t view the prices but is the 40mm also discounted or just the 44mm?
Oct 18, 2017
368 posts
717 upvotes
New Brunswick
justinwu86 wrote: Is it cheaper in store?
coldeals wrote: I’m not a member so I can’t view the prices but is the 40mm also discounted or just the 44mm?
40mm is $359.99 in store.
44mm is $367.99 in store.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1736 posts
1514 upvotes
Surrey
Why do people hate Apple so much? This is a pretty decent deal, so I don’t see why OP deserves the downvotes…
Nov 23, 2018
960 posts
328 upvotes
Markham ON
henrik112 wrote: Why do people hate Apple so much? This is a pretty decent deal, so I don’t see why OP deserves the downvotes…
agreed.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Oct 31, 2017
183 posts
154 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
henrik112 wrote: Why do people hate Apple so much? This is a pretty decent deal, so I don’t see why OP deserves the downvotes…
some people as soon as they see Apple in the title are like instant downvote no matter what the rest of the title says
Let's go Canucks
AT&T North American Plan 8 GBS plus 16GBs
$0 Shaw talk and text plan
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1107 posts
567 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Apple has the best tablets, best smart watches, and the best ultra book (m1air) at the moment.

Haters gonna hate.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1090 posts
1551 upvotes
Vancouver
SE lacks ECG.
For those it matters, you could find a refurbished Series 4 from eBay.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4903 posts
2888 upvotes
To me, the Apple Watch is the only true smartwatch out there and I honestly find it their most compelling device. Highly highly recommend if you have an iPhone, even if you just get a used Series 3 off eBay for like +$140.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1736 posts
1514 upvotes
Surrey
crazyea wrote: Apple has the best tablets, best smart watches, and the best ultra book (m1air) at the moment.

Haters gonna hate.
Many of their products are overpriced (especially iPhone and AirPods), but their M1 MacBooks and iPads are a great value, especially with back to school Education pricing. Their Apple Watch is the reason I got an iPhone, as the health features (particularly fall detection) could be a lifesaver for someone prone to fainting (like myself).
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1107 posts
567 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
henrik112 wrote: Many of their products are overpriced (especially iPhone and AirPods), but their M1 MacBooks and iPads are a great value, especially with back to school Education pricing. Their Apple Watch is the reason I got an iPhone, as the health features (particularly fall detection) could be a lifesaver for someone prone to fainting (like myself).
Ok, If it were 5-10 years ago I would buy the argument that iPhones are overpriced, but not so much these days.

Every mobile phone is pretty much overpriced now that we don’t get subsidized through the cell providers any longer.

The prices of all major phone manufacturers ,including android devices, are overpriced, but also maybe not, because they are incredible little computers you can make phone calls on now.

I had android for years since the google nexus, and I recently switched from a Samsung s20+ to a 12 pro max and I couldn’t be happier.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
[OP]
Jun 13, 2012
144 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
crazyea wrote: Ok, If it were 5-10 years ago I would buy the argument that iPhones are overpriced, but not so much these days.

Every mobile phone is pretty much overpriced now that we don’t get subsidized through the cell providers any longer.

The prices of all major phone manufacturers ,including android devices, are overpriced, but also maybe not, because they are incredible little computers you can make phone calls on now.

I had android for years since the google nexus, and I recently switched from a Samsung s20+ to a 12 pro max and I couldn’t be happier.
I agree, I switched from a S20 to a 11 Pro Max and it works so well with my iPad.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1566 posts
2041 upvotes
Surrey
crazyea wrote: Apple has the best tablets, best smart watches, and the best ultra book (m1air) at the moment.

Haters gonna hate.
Images
  • 32403261.jpg
Jul 28, 2020
13 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
crazyea wrote: Ok, If it were 5-10 years ago I would buy the argument that iPhones are overpriced, but not so much these days.

Exactly. Any half-decent Android device isn't too far off from the price of an iPhone.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19898 posts
6080 upvotes
Toronto
fpenguin wrote: SE lacks ECG.
For those it matters, you could find a refurbished Series 4 from eBay.
ECG is almost pointless unless you already have a heart condition or a risk of heart condition. Remember, to make use of the ECG function you have manually to activate it with your other hand and keep the hand there for 30 s, which means almost nobody uses it except for kicks when they first get the watch. (The ECG is a different function from the heart rhythm monitor.)

O2 sat is also almost pointless in a watch as it is quite inaccurate.

Always-on screen is very nice to have and is one of my favourite features, but isn’t completely necessary for everyone.

Thus, if you can do without the always-on screen, overall the SE on sale is a decent value even though it doesn’t have O2 sat or ECG.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1718 posts
359 upvotes
BC
EugW wrote: ECG is almost pointless unless you already have a heart condition or a risk of heart condition. Remember, to make use of the ECG function you have manually to activate it with your other hand and keep the hand there for 30 s, which means almost nobody uses it except for kicks when they first get the watch. (The ECG is a different function from the heart rhythm monitor.)

O2 sat is also almost pointless in a watch as it is quite inaccurate.

Always-on screen is very nice to have and is one of my favourite features, but isn’t completely necessary for everyone.

Thus, if you can do without the always-on screen, overall the SE on sale is a decent value even though it doesn’t have O2 sat or ECG.
I am 39 with no history, of heart condition or so I thought, until I used my ECG. Doctor said I might have had one any moment.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19898 posts
6080 upvotes
Toronto
insync44 wrote: I am 39 with no history, of heart condition or so I thought, until I used my ECG. Doctor said I might have had one any moment.
Glad it worked out for you. I hope you're not a smoker like in your avatar.

However, the point is, it's not a recommended test for someone with no risk factors or history at that age. To put it another way: If you tested every single 39 year old in the country with ECG, you would find some patients with abnormalities that were previously unknown. Despite this, health authorities in Canada do not recommend doing ECGs on every 39 year old in the country because it does not make financial sense on a population basis, and because of other things like false positives leading to further unnecessary testing. Thus, it's not part of the regular checkup at your age if there is no reason to do it.
Mar 16, 2018
864 posts
954 upvotes
Hamilton
insync44 wrote: I am 39 with no history, of heart condition or so I thought, until I used my ECG. Doctor said I might have had one any moment.
What did the watch’s ECG discover, atrial fibrillation?

Largely I agree with what’s been said above, the ECG function largely is a fun tool for the worried well.
Jan 8, 2020
258 posts
123 upvotes
I know it will be crippled but can I use this without an iPhone ? I am mostly interested with fitness features.