Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Apple Watch Series 5 44mm $449.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 6:43 pm
83 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 3, 2013
658 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
And $399 for a 40mm.

Good price. Most people on the used market are trying to get these prices!
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2011
197 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Is this better than the SE at only $40 cheaper?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1534 posts
491 upvotes
Surrey
I believe sport chek works out to be a better deal
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6409 upvotes
Series 6 would be cheaper than this (after CT money) if purchased at SportCheck. This is a good deal, but the SC deal is pretty much unmatched, and is the best way to get an Apple watch
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 3, 2013
658 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
madelineacting wrote: Is this better than the SE at only $40 cheaper?
Always on display and ECG sensor are missing from the SE. So you’d have to decide how badly you want those things.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3521 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
Good price. I'd pick one up if I didn't have one already.
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2007
535 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: Series 6 would be cheaper than this (after CT money) if purchased at SportCheck. This is a good deal, but the SC deal is pretty much unmatched, and is the best way to get an Apple watch
Is there a deal on right now at SportChek for the Series 6? I am waiting for a 50x the points event to pair with gift cards, but haven't seen it happen in the last recent while... hoping for it to pop up on Black Friday.

In the absence of that deal, $399 for a 40mm Series 5 is a pretty decent deal at Costco, considering their generous return policy.

EDIT: Went back to the Hot Deals forum, and saw the SportChek 50x the points event a few lines down. SWEET!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1903 posts
1080 upvotes
Laval
Just bought...wish I was in Ontario so that I could get the 6
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5694 posts
15743 upvotes
Kitchener
Waiting for Series 6 to reach this price :)
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2007
535 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
JoJoCan wrote: Waiting for Series 6 to reach this price :)
Well that is the amazingness of the SportChek deal. The 40mm version is $529.99 regular price, less 50x points (20%) cash back on your Triangle Rewards Card ($106 back).

Pay for the watch using gift cards picked up at Rexall a couple of weeks back for another 15% savings after tax. in Ontario, the watch is $529.99 x 1.13 = $598.89 after tax.. you save another 15% using the GCs ($89.83), so it's now $509.06 after tax

Use your favourite cash back site for another 4% cash back ($529.99 pre-tax * 4% = $21.20)

You just got yourself a brand new 40mm Apple Watch Series 6 for $381.86 after tax in Ontario, or $337.93 before tax ($381.86 / 1.13)

BOOM!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5694 posts
15743 upvotes
Kitchener
adameme wrote: Well that is the amazingness of the SportChek deal. The 40mm version is $529.99 regular price, less 50x points (20%) cash back on your Triangle Rewards Card ($106 back).

Pay for the watch using gift cards picked up at Rexall a couple of weeks back for another 15% savings after tax. in Ontario, the watch is $529.99 x 1.13 = $598.89 after tax.. you save another 15% using the GCs ($89.83), so it's now $509.06 after tax

Use your favourite cash back site for another 4% cash back ($529.99 pre-tax * 4% = $21.20)

You just got yourself a brand new 40mm Apple Watch Series 6 for $381.86 after tax in Ontario, or $337.93 before tax ($381.86 / 1.13)

BOOM!
I don't have some Tringle Rewards Card? And I don't have a time machine to buy giftcards Face With Tears Of Joy
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1534 posts
491 upvotes
Surrey
adameme wrote: Well that is the amazingness of the SportChek deal. The 40mm version is $529.99 regular price, less 50x points (20%) cash back on your Triangle Rewards Card ($106 back).

Pay for the watch using gift cards picked up at Rexall a couple of weeks back for another 15% savings after tax. in Ontario, the watch is $529.99 x 1.13 = $598.89 after tax.. you save another 15% using the GCs ($89.83), so it's now $509.06 after tax

Use your favourite cash back site for another 4% cash back ($529.99 pre-tax * 4% = $21.20)

You just got yourself a brand new 40mm Apple Watch Series 6 for $381.86 after tax in Ontario, or $337.93 before tax ($381.86 / 1.13)

BOOM!
I've read only 2 gift cards can been used online.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1409 posts
3229 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: I don't have some Tringle Rewards Card? And I don't have a time machine to buy giftcards Face With Tears Of Joy
Triangle rewards cards are free
Time machine will cost $$ though
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1356 posts
678 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: I don't have some Tringle Rewards Card? And I don't have a time machine to buy giftcards Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm in the same boat... kinda.

I have the rewards on my phone, but no credit card. My understanding is that you just need to have the rewards to be eligible for the 50x points.

Then you still get the 20% back, and you can use a cash back website for some more savings. I wouldn't be able to know the exact price as my understand is not at the same level as my math, but I'm sure someone here would be able to help out seeing what the cost would be without the 15% gift card promotion.
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2007
535 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
JoJoCan wrote: I don't have some Tringle Rewards Card? And I don't have a time machine to buy giftcards Face With Tears Of Joy
Well then two suggestions for you:

1. Check the gift card RFD thread (various-retailers-gift-card-deals-disco ... 0-2344941/)
SportChek gift cards show up on sale frequently... CT had them on sale a couple of months back, Rexall two weeks ago. I picked up those cards waiting in the lines for this deal!

2. If you shop at Canadian Tire, SportCheck, Mark's, you should really get a Triangle Rewards Card, or you are just leaving money on the table! But I get how some people value the cash discount right away vs having to spend those points at CT branded stores in the future.

Or, otherwise you can just wait until maybe the Series 6 shows up at Costco for the same price in November 2021!
Sr. Member
Sep 15, 2012
666 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
JoJoCan wrote: Waiting for Series 6 to reach this price :)
I'm personally waiting for Series 7 to reach this price..

Second thought, will wait for Series 8..

No wait...Series 9.

etc. etc. lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5694 posts
15743 upvotes
Kitchener
kesleaf wrote: I'm personally waiting for Series 7 to reach this price..

Second thought, will wait for Series 8..

No wait...Series 9.

etc. etc. lol
That has been me since gen 3 lol, I've always wanted an Apple watch but can't justify the cost.
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)