[Costco] Arcan 3-ton Service Jack 129.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 5:06 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2146 posts
1990 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know if theres a centre middle jack point under the 2007 Mazda3 or 2017 mazda6? Even if there was, can you get the jack under and still be able to jack it up?

I looked under the Mazda6 and theres a massive plastic skid plate under the engine bay area so how am I supposed to jack the front end up at the same time?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3443 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
stovetop wrote: Does anyone know if theres a centre middle jack point under the 2007 Mazda3 or 2017 mazda6? Even if there was, can you get the jack under and still be able to jack it up?

I looked under the Mazda6 and theres a massive plastic skid plate under the engine bay area so how am I supposed to jack the front end up at the same time?

This is for a 2014 Mazda 6. 2007 Mazda 3 is the same. I assume 2017 is similar too. You use the front crossmember. No way the Arcan is reaching that. Probably not the one I posted either. Maybe something like the one below will work, but that'll run you $500-$1000. Not a DIY friendly design at all from Mazda. For comparison, my Accord and Altima both use the radiator support which is like 2ft back from the bumper. The Mazda front jack point looks like it's 4+ft back.

Feb 2, 2010
835 posts
613 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: ^^How do you locate the right position to jack it up if you can't see from the bottom?
Every car has a jack point that is meant to be used with the jack it came with, usually just behind the fronts and in front of the rears. Use that to get the car up a bit on one wheel so you can have a look for a good central jack point. I probably shouldn't need to say this, but don't stick any part of your body under the car while doing this and make sure it's on a flat stable surface, with the other tires blocked. If you cant find a central point, i.e. something you can use for the entire front end, then you may have to go with each tire individually.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43787 posts
4432 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Tapout123 wrote: Every car has a jack point that is meant to be used with the jack it came with, usually just behind the fronts and in front of the rears. Use that to get the car up a bit on one wheel so you can have a look for a good central jack point. I probably shouldn't need to say this, but don't stick any part of your body under the car while doing this and make sure it's on a flat stable surface, with the other tires blocked. If you cant find a central point, i.e. something you can use for the entire front end, then you may have to go with each tire individually.
Thanks, I thought there might have been a way to do it without a second jack. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of jacking up the center point if I have to jack up the side anyways to locate the center position?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2697 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
MrMimizu wrote: Yep.
I asked at Costco Warden and she told me no stores have it.
Markham east store had 38 Torin ones as of yesterday.
I just ordered the Arcam and there are 17 more at the time of this post.
Is it still $149.99 or $129.99 in Markham!??
Dec 28, 2012
540 posts
365 upvotes
OTTAWA
Picked up the Torin for 129. The extra few inches of lift height make all the difference to me. Size matters, except in weight this thing is heavy!

Kanata location in Ottawa

I wanted a hotdog and pop but obviously they are shutdown :(
Images
  • IMG_20200403_094125.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7264 posts
700 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Thanks, I thought there might have been a way to do it without a second jack. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of jacking up the center point if I have to jack up the side anyways to locate the center position?
My owners manual details the front and rear central jacking points. Is yours too low to see them or to slide under and locate them?
Feb 2, 2010
835 posts
613 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Thanks, I thought there might have been a way to do it without a second jack. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of jacking up the center point if I have to jack up the side anyways to locate the center position?
I'm just suggesting to use the side jack point to have a better look underneath to locate a single jack point, so no second jack required. What kind of car is it? I'm sure there's information out there about what a good central jack point is (or if it doesn't have one) regardless of the make\model. For both of our vehicles, there is a tow point which doubles as the jack point.
Aug 4, 2007
30 posts
10 upvotes
Toroton
Picked up one last night@Ancaster $129
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2146 posts
1990 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Theres pretty much no way I can get this jack under my mazdas then....I'll just jack up each corner and stick a stand under it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2146 posts
1990 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yydd4567 wrote: OOS online. please update the thread heading.
It's actually completely gone from the website...odd.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1245 posts
591 upvotes
Scarborough
stovetop wrote: It's actually completely gone from the website...odd.
Whoa, it actually went OOS... lol been on the site for as long as I can think of
Jun 3, 2013
467 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Bally wrote: Picked up one last night@Ancaster $129
Thanks for this - the Arcan, not the Torin right?. Was there still a couple more there?