[Costco] Arcan 3-ton Service Jack 129.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 5:06 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3289 posts
3392 upvotes
GTA
stovetop wrote: Theres pretty much no way I can get this jack under my mazdas then....I'll just jack up each corner and stick a stand under it.
You won't be able to do that. The floor jack will be lifting where the jack stand is supposed to go.

That's why you're supposed to use the central jack points with a floor jack: so that you can use jack stands.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2081 posts
1337 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
derass wrote: You won't be able to do that. The floor jack will be lifting where the jack stand is supposed to go.

That's why you're supposed to use the central jack points with a floor jack: so that you can use jack stands.
How do I do that if the central jack point is 4 feet into the centre of the car. Theres no way the Arcan can get there
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3289 posts
3392 upvotes
GTA
You just need the proper jack. And for Mazda's that seems to cost more than $500.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2081 posts
1337 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
derass wrote: You just need the proper jack. And for Mazda's that seems to cost more than $500.
So what I've been doing is just jacking right next to the pinch weld and then sticking the stand at the pinch weld. I havent had any issues so far but sometimes if I'm jacking up higher the rear wheel starts to lift which seems unsafe.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9192 posts
1974 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: How do I do that if the central jack point is 4 feet into the centre of the car. Theres no way the Arcan can get there
That's like the 10th gen civic I bet. The front center jack point is so far in that normal jacks won't reach. You'll probably need a low profile jack (for lowered cars) that has an extended reach so you can slide the whole jack underneath the car to reach it. Or you jack up a corner with one jack and slide another one underneath once you got enough clearance to get the center jack point. Of course, I think that's probably pretty risky since if the jack fails now your car lands on a massive block of metal.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3289 posts
3392 upvotes
GTA
stovetop wrote: So what I've been doing is just jacking right next to the pinch weld and then sticking the stand at the pinch weld. I havent had any issues so far but sometimes if I'm jacking up higher the rear wheel starts to lift which seems unsafe.
Be careful, you don't want to fold over that seam lifting at the wrong spot. Those side lift points are meant for the emergency jack, the 4 pads of a lift, or jack stands (when used in pairs).

As you can see by the rear wheel coming off the ground, jacking by those side points can be an unstable way to lift the car.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3289 posts
3392 upvotes
GTA
chinesedevil wrote: That's like the 10th gen civic I bet. The front center jack point is so far in that normal jacks won't reach. You'll probably need a low profile jack (for lowered cars) that has an extended reach so you can slide the whole jack underneath the car to reach it. Or you jack up a corner with one jack and slide another one underneath once you got enough clearance to get the center jack point. Of course, I think that's probably pretty risky since if the jack fails now your car lands on a massive block of metal.
My 240SX was kind of like that. I would have to drive either the front axle, or rear axle, or both onto wood blocks to get my 3-ton jack underneath. I've had to do the multiple jack trick as well. Both ways are a huge pain in the ass, and is a great example of when it's worth it to use the right tool for the job (ie. an expensive low profile jack).
Last edited by derass on Apr 4th, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 13, 2011
566 posts
127 upvotes
Scarborough southwes…
congeetime wrote: Is it still $149.99 or $129.99 in Markham!??
$129.99 for theTorin at Markham East.
Jun 3, 2013
459 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - Torin is now $119.99 online ($30 off); perhaps on sale in store too?
Feb 2, 2015
368 posts
523 upvotes
Calgary, AB
stovetop wrote: So what I've been doing is just jacking right next to the pinch weld and then sticking the stand at the pinch weld. I havent had any issues so far but sometimes if I'm jacking up higher the rear wheel starts to lift which seems unsafe.
I found a quick article that describes a method that should work for your situation .. https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda6/comment ... e_mazda_6/
Nov 15, 2005
689 posts
375 upvotes
Montreal
just bought the torin for 119,99$ - 20$ virgin coupon
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 39,99$
Jan 11, 2008
134 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Rich3rd wrote: just bought the torin for 119,99$ - 20$ virgin coupon
Did the same with my $25 new signup coupon. Can put the $30 into a pair of jack stands now.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2664 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Weird,

The arcan Jack is back online for $149.99.. torn between the arcan or torin