Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Arcan 3-ton Service Jack 129.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 5:06 pm
Jan 11, 2008
134 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: Dang, should I buy the Torin and return the Arcan to save $30? I was hoping the Arcan would go on sale! I wonder why the Arcan has so many more reviews.

Heres the link for the Torin: https://www.costco.ca/torin-3-ton-profe ... 92927.html

And the Arcan: https://www.costco.ca/arcan-3-ton-profe ... 17470.html
Torin has a higher lift height and this is the main reason why I bought it. If Arcan's lift height is enough then I would not want to change it if I were you. Arcan has a lot of good reviews and it is lighter.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3078 posts
400 upvotes
I bought the torin. 1) cause it was availabe in store, which makes it cheaper than getting it online 2) it is lower profile. My car sits at 5.5" and with a jack pad the clearance just isn't there 3) also I won't be lifting it much so who cares how much it weighs.
Feb 22, 2013
729 posts
583 upvotes
Sorry newbie question. I have a really tight garage and a driveway with a slope. I think my only option is to use a jack on the street which has slight grade. Is it safe to use a jack on the street?
Nov 3, 2011
114 posts
15 upvotes
Torin is on sale in-store, too for $99.99. Dang I ordered the princess auto one for $75.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
6627 posts
165 upvotes
tanerci wrote: Torin is on sale in-store, too for $99.99. Dang I ordered the princess auto one for $75.
Got one a couple of weeks ago. Price adjustment possible during the end of the world?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2661 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
goob3r wrote: I bought the torin. 1) cause it was availabe in store, which makes it cheaper than getting it online 2) it is lower profile. My car sits at 5.5" and with a jack pad the clearance just isn't there 3) also I won't be lifting it much so who cares how much it weighs.
Thanks, ended up getting the torin. I like that the torin overall is lower profile. Arcan has this awkward slope in the middle which looks like it might be a problem if I plan to jack up from the front or back. Also like that the wheels are made of nylon instead of metal. Should be less prone to scratching the driveway. 20 extra lbs is nothing as this will sit in my garage anyways. Plus the $30 dollars in savings will go towards Jacks and other accessories.
Nov 23, 2008
51 posts
17 upvotes
tanerci wrote: Torin is on sale in-store, too for $99.99. Dang I ordered the princess auto one for $75.
Does the sale apply to all Costco location? Great deal for $100.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2543 posts
1184 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Sorry newbie question. I have a really tight garage and a driveway with a slope. I think my only option is to use a jack on the street which has slight grade. Is it safe to use a jack on the street?
I'd very strongly advise against doing any type of car work on the road.

When I had a steep driveway, I used to park my car on the driveway perpendicular to the slope before jacking it up.

You should always be chocking your wheels, so a moderate grade may be acceptable.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1779 posts
372 upvotes
Thank you. Got the Torin at Costco Heartland (Mississauga) today, super heavy, probably around 10 left. Long line up to get in but moved quickly, took about 20 minutes. I didn't mind the wait because they made the store pretty empty, lots of space and really quick to cash out.
Nov 3, 2011
114 posts
15 upvotes
JimmyC21410 wrote: which location had this in stock?
Waterloo has Torin for $100 this week
Edit: added brand
Last edited by tanerci on Apr 7th, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2139 posts
349 upvotes
York
tanerci wrote: Waterloo
Waterloo has the Arcan jack instock?
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3222 posts
503 upvotes
JimmyC21410 wrote: which location had this in stock?
Oshawa had 8 when I left. Right before the bread aisle.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2075 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone see the Torin for $100 in GVR?