9401 posts
887 upvotes
vnkvnk wrote: You still have to go under you car to change a filter
Yeah good point lol. Oh well
Apr 26, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
mcg wrote: Yeah good point lol. Oh well
Watch some chrisfix on youtube. I'd recommend that you start with the tire change video and you'll see that your procedure is not far off from what everyone else is doing. Then watch his oil change video and you'll see its not much harder. You can find an oil change video for your specific car if you need helping finding all the bolts and what not. I find chrisfix does an excellent job of explaining the process that's applicable on most, if not all cars, rather than specific models that make you question your sanity. Just make sure to use jack stands!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7228 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
vnkvnk wrote: You still have to go under you car to change a filter
Easiest is Subaru 2.5l boxer... Just install Fumoto oil drain valve first time out..
Last edited by frogger on Apr 7th, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 21, 2011
9 posts
Toronto
Has anyone seen any Arcan ones in the GTA?

I saw a bunch of Torin ones at the Ancaster location on Saturday.
Apr 26, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
I hope this goes without saying, but by seeing some of the posts in this thread... ONLY USE WITH 4 JACK STANDS, DO NOT GET UNDER A CAR WITHOUT IT BEING SECURE Do not use only 2 jack stands, cars can easily slide off when just 1 side is raised. It takes 5 mins, don't be lazy.
Feb 2, 2015
366 posts
523 upvotes
Calgary, AB
amplifiedonline wrote: I hope this goes without saying, but by seeing some of the posts in this thread... ONLY USE WITH 4 JACK STANDS, DO NOT GET UNDER A CAR WITHOUT IT BEING SECURE Do not use only 2 jack stands, cars can easily slide off when just 1 side is raised. It takes 5 mins, don't be lazy.
Sorry but that goes against numerous manufacturers safety instructions for jack stands, which advise never to use 4 jack stands to support the entire car all at once:

https://www.norcoindustries.com/downloa ... Manual.pdf
http://www.torinjacksusa.com/images/tor ... 161125.pdf
https://www.northerntool.com/images/dow ... 155719.pdf
Jan 6, 2005
80 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
product works great...been using it for 3 years now, got it online back then and i think got free delivery because of masterpass discount
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2074 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
amplifiedonline wrote: I hope this goes without saying, but by seeing some of the posts in this thread... ONLY USE WITH 4 JACK STANDS, DO NOT GET UNDER A CAR WITHOUT IT BEING SECURE Do not use only 2 jack stands, cars can easily slide off when just 1 side is raised. It takes 5 mins, don't be lazy.
Fake news
Jun 1, 2008
292 posts
184 upvotes
London
Whoever fed you that is out to lunch.

2 stands is sufficient everyone. Just make sure the car is in park, ebrake is on and put blocks on the opposite wheel of the side you are jacking up. Blocking the wheel prevents the car from moving forward or backwards which could cause your jack to start to tilt as you jacked the car up.
Jun 21, 2007
914 posts
166 upvotes
Milton, ON
The Torin is on backorder online. Just ordered one for delivery between April 13th and 17th if anyone is interested. I'm not going near a warehouse with hundreds of people lined up outside to get in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5699 posts
1852 upvotes
Cornwall PE
RubberCheese wrote: I used this Arcan jack to change tires on my car yesterday, and the Forester today. I'm really happy with it. Actual lowered height of my jack is 3-13/16" (listed at 4"), maximum lift height is 18.5" as advertised.

Performance pretty much as expected... took 6-7 strokes to get the tire off the ground (I jack at the jack point closest to each tire). Definitely easier to maneuver into position compared to the all-steel Pittsburgh jack I used to use.

The pinch weld "puck" that I bought is awesome - it is magnetic so you can position it, then stand up and maneuver the jack into place if you like. Highly recommended even though it is $20 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Z63 ... UTF8&psc=1 . There are tons of similar ones, but make sure you buy one with magnets (i assumed it was a gimmick when ordering). Just make sure you pull it off the car when you're finished changing tires.

20200401_165409.jpg
20200402_174204 (1).jpg
With many cars you can position the jacks pad on the inside of the pinch weld or in other words I guess behind the pinch weld where the jacking tabs are shown. This is where the solid place on the vehicle is anyway.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309