[Costco] Arcan 3-ton Service Jack 129.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 5:06 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1235 posts
588 upvotes
Scarborough
tomw wrote: The Torin is on backorder online. Just ordered one for delivery between April 13th and 17th if anyone is interested. I'm not going near a warehouse with hundreds of people lined up outside to get in.
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know it was listed again for $119.

I was tempted to pop in Costco today, but decided not to just to stay away from the crowds.
Apr 26, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
How is that at all worth the risk? It’s laughable that this is
Up for debate. Ebrake is irrelevant when lifting the rear, and the pinch welds can slide within the notch of the jack stands when angles aggressively (as in when the stands are set to above 2 pins). I don’t need to convince you, it’s pretty easy to take 5 mins more and not drop a car on you. But hey, be my guest
Apr 26, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
These user guides are in relation to the fact that they are sold in pairs. Never once does it say not to use 4, in fact they all say not to lift only one side or one end. Kinda proves my point no? Regardless I don’t see how this is up for debate, this is not a “do you think I can get another summer out of these tires” type of safety, this is “can I handle a car falling on me?
Jun 1, 2008
292 posts
184 upvotes
London
amplifiedonline wrote: These user guides are in relation to the fact that they are sold in pairs. Never once does it say not to use 4, in fact they all say not to lift only one side or one end. Kinda proves my point no? Regardless I don’t see how this is up for debate, this is not a “do you think I can get another summer out of these tires” type of safety, this is “can I handle a car falling on me?
Wrong. Yes you are not supposed to lift one entire side or end with a pair of jack stands.
But the intended purpose of a pair of jack stands is to remove one wheel at a time and support two locations nearby the removed wheel to support the weight in the corner of the car which has the wheel removed.

Lifting the entire vehicle up and supporting it with 4 stands for work on one side, end or corner is completely rediculous and waste of time.
Aug 14, 2018
282 posts
269 upvotes
GTA
Hi guys, this is $99 at Costco. And Guelph and Brampton both have stock
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10176 posts
644 upvotes
Mississauga
So what's the best/safest way to rotate tires? Specifically front to back.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1831 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
tomw wrote: The Torin is on backorder online. Just ordered one for delivery between April 13th and 17th if anyone is interested. I'm not going near a warehouse with hundreds of people lined up outside to get in.
Yes I just placed my order as well, will wait for it to ship once its back in stock.

I haven't been inside a Costco since late February, just before the whole TP fiasco...SMH
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2078 posts
1324 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just came back from Richmond, BC store and they do not carry the jack. I asked and they said there is stock at the Langley, Abbotsford and Surrey stores.

Sadly none in Burnaby, Vancouver or Richmond. They also couldn't say if they're expecting a shipment.
Feb 26, 2016
893 posts
197 upvotes
Vaughan
chadw01 wrote: thanks op

I still have the regular black jack Torin they used to sell in-warehouse:

(ignore the price, it's from last year)

just a reminder to all :

always use jack stands along with a jack - your life depends on it
i have this one as well but really wish it came with a rubber pad. sometimes when i jack my car on my driveway (slightly slanted), it slips a bit and it always gets me a bit nervous. this is because the hole in the jack doesn't fit exactly in the jackpoint of my vehicles. many have proposed using a hockey puck but i'm weary of this hack.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1067 posts
92 upvotes
Ordered the arcan online with my $25 savings coupon....
Got a shipping notification that it is being shipping from Calgary....box will most likely be beatup due to the weight and distance shipping to the gta
Hope mine isn't too beat up!

stovetop wrote: Just got my jack delivered. Box was in pretty rough shape but the jack looks ok and isn't a returned item.

I measured and mine is exactly 4" as listed on the box.
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Oct 2, 2019
16 posts
4 upvotes
DesiITGuru wrote: Hi guys, this is $99 at Costco. And Guelph and Brampton both have stock
Is there many left at Brampton?
Worry about the lineup as well...