Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Arc'teryx Kyanite Men's Jacket $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2020 10:47 am
May 10, 2015
240 posts
148 upvotes
Orillia, ON
The prices of the 'jackets' or other items from this mfr just blow me away. I don't own any so maybe they're just really that good, but I'd have such a hard time spending this much money on a zip up shirt/sweater/jacket, whatever you want to call it, like this thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2652 posts
2328 upvotes
Dealsfordina wrote: I can’t wait for Costco to start selling Canada goose then we can be done with those jackets.
Different CG jackets have been sold there multiple times in the past already. Go do a search on here for related threads. CG doesn't seem done yet.
Jun 28, 2013
142 posts
239 upvotes
Whoever thinks this is a jacket ill buy it for you! But i want you to stand outside for 6hrs
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1296 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
even the model is smiling like "what am i doing here...?"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7437 posts
2444 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't care much for Arc'teryx, but the silly people in this thread that suddenly think "jacket" has to mean warm for cold winters. :facepalm:

Upvoted for spite. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2652 posts
2328 upvotes
GB9797 wrote: Whoever thinks this is a jacket ill buy it for you! But i want you to stand outside for 6hrs
The criterion for being a jacket is the ability to be worn outside for 6 hours (in the cold)?
Oct 31, 2014
400 posts
331 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ryawesome wrote: The prices of the 'jackets' or other items from this mfr just blow me away. I don't own any so maybe they're just really that good, but I'd have such a hard time spending this much money on a zip up shirt/sweater/jacket, whatever you want to call it, like this thing.
Arc'teryx is pretty much as good as it gets for quality. You pay a hefty premium for a little bit better performance/quality though (think Ferrari vs Corvette).
Jul 15, 2005
143 posts
42 upvotes
Scarborough
Haters gon hate. Polartec powerstretch pro is one of the best fleece on the market for active wear. Sweat is THE biggest enemy in being active in cold weather, but the polartec does a great job with ventilation while providing decent insulation.

This is a MID layer jacket and can be layered in the winter with a shell. or used as a transition jacket from summer to fall.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7128 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
LOL would people prefer less of a dad bod model and more like one of a typical RFD poster ;)? Its ok except for that seam that looks like it would sit above the belly button.

Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3828 posts
1207 upvotes
Edmonton
Gotta laugh at some of these comments.. obviously those that think this is worth $20 have never owned any Arc'teryx products...
Dec 25, 2012
98 posts
68 upvotes
Banff
I never understood why people who live in the city felt the need to own Arcteryx branded clothing... similar to Canada Goose...

People in Vancouver & Toronto buy up any brand deemed mountain worthy and then drive up the prices due to extreme demand.

If you want to get decent quality gear that is easily comparable to this, just buy Mountain Hardwear or Eddie Bauer.
Jul 15, 2005
143 posts
42 upvotes
Scarborough
mattbooth wrote: I never understood why people who live in the city felt the need to own Arcteryx branded clothing... similar to Canada Goose...

People in Vancouver & Toronto buy up any brand deemed mountain worthy and then drive up the prices due to extreme demand.

If you want to get decent quality gear that is easily comparable to this, just buy Mountain Hardwear or Eddie Bauer.
Goose is for fashion and it also functions in winter weather. Fashion = $

Arcteryx is mostly overkill as it was originally technical outerwear for climbing. They branched off from climbing into other high output activities. I live in the city and have invested in a few items from arcteryx with the intention of BIFL (buy it for life). I have a beta AR (goretex PRO), I use as a shell for rain, layering for winter, snowboarding, etc. It's bombproof. I also have a down thorium AR for colder weather, standalone or layer with my beta for the windy/cold/snowy days. Their quality is great and they stand behind their products. My friend's arcteryx shell started delaminating after a few years so he went to flagship store on queen. Upon inspection they gave him a brand new replacement of his choosing (within same tier). That's also why I'm buying it and not Eddie Bauer which has continued to redact their warranty. I remember the days when Eddie Bauer would actually stand behind their products, no questions asked, but they've changed.

Can't comment on Mountain hardwear but their prices aren't too far off Arcteryx so not sure why you brought up their brand. I think Eddie Bauer is great for their price points.
Sep 18, 2016
134 posts
125 upvotes
mattbooth wrote: I never understood why people who live in the city felt the need to own Arcteryx branded clothing... similar to Canada Goose...

Same reason as any other luxury good. "I don't get why people feel the need to buy Rolex when Tissot is decent quality gear", "Hermes/LV vs normal bag brand" etc etc. The quality vs price scale has never been linear. It's not like you get 100 times the watch when you buy a Rolex vs Timex.

Edit: Also I own an Arx'teryx parka, and got into a car accident last year during the day of freezing rain. That coat kept me warm and dry for 2 hours outdoors (taking pictures, videos, talking to cops) and I never realized how bad the rain got until I got back home.
Last edited by enfinityx2 on Dec 12th, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4982 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto

It’s quite possible for people that live in those cities to have hobbies that require such attire.

Like the local cityscape photographer who sits out in the cold by Polson Pier.

Or those that drive up to Tobermory/Torrance Barrens and wait it out to catch a glimpse of the Auroras.

And you’re on RFD. Arcteryx can be had for much less than Eddie Bauer. Even on their Black Friday sales, at 50% off, Eddie Bauer was less of a deal than stacking discounted Sportchek Gift Cards with Sportchek Employee Pricing and Triangle Rewards.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4982 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
GB9797 wrote: Whoever thinks this is a jacket ill buy it for you! But i want you to stand outside for 6hrs
Let me know time and place.

I have the Kyanite Hoody and it stacked with the Cerium has kept me warm for many outdoor excursions in and out for the city.

The Kyanite is meant to be used as a mid layer, so paired with a base layer and down jacket it offers a lot more versatility than your basic all in one jackets from other mediocre brands.

And don’t forget the lifetime warranty.