Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Arc'teryx Kyanite Men's Jacket $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2020 10:47 am
Jun 19, 2010
419 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
ryawesome wrote: The prices of the 'jackets' or other items from this mfr just blow me away. I don't own any so maybe they're just really that good, but I'd have such a hard time spending this much money on a zip up shirt/sweater/jacket, whatever you want to call it, like this thing.
Think of it like buying two jackets. Their warranty is good for life and they'll give you a new jacket if it breaks. I have a friend who brought back a gore tex jacket they'd had for 25 years that started to delaminate. He got a $700 credit for it. The quality is there for sure, I don't know if I'd pay full price but I got in on a friend's and family sale a couple years ago and have 0 regrets.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2353 posts
1559 upvotes
the model on the picture is damaging the brand.
Sep 14, 2004
94 posts
93 upvotes
Can't comment on the kyanite jacket.. it looks like a sausage wrap in the costco photo!

but I can confirm. I had a 13yr old goretex jacket that the powder skirt started to detached. sent it for warranty claim and got $900 cdn credit to buy a new jacket on their website. and I got the new goretex pro rush jacket to replace my old one.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2510 posts
2412 upvotes
Calgary
I think $150 less $20 if you have a coupon is fairly reasonable, especially with Polartec Pro. Even the Polartec jacket that Banana Republic sells for $160 MSRP (if you're paying MSRP at any of the Gap brand stores, you're doing it wrong) only has the base Polartec material. I have a number of the Polartec stuff from Banana and love the material. If it wasn't for the fact that I blew my load during Black Friday, I probably would've picked up this Kyanite.

https://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/bro ... t=polartec
Dec 25, 2012
98 posts
68 upvotes
Banff
enfinityx2 wrote: Same reason as any other luxury good. "I don't get why people feel the need to buy Rolex when Tissot is decent quality gear", "Hermes/LV vs normal bag brand" etc etc. The quality vs price scale has never been linear. It's not like you get 100 times the watch when you buy a Rolex vs Timex.

Edit: Also I own an Arx'teryx parka, and got into a car accident last year during the day of freezing rain. That coat kept me warm and dry for 2 hours outdoors (taking pictures, videos, talking to cops) and I never realized how bad the rain got until I got back home.
I've lived in the Rockies for the past 6 years or so (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise) and I have to admit the clothing is most applicable in these areas. They literally send their teams out here to test their products... Just never really resonated with me as to why anyone who wouldn't necessarily spend a ton of time outdoors would ever need such clothing..

But good points all around from the comments responding to me. Obviously people have hobbies that would require such clothing - just seems the majority of people who DO own these clothing garments/brands don't actually use them for their intended purposes, but simply as a fashion statement. (in the process, they spend a TON of money on things they don't need) - but we ARE on RFD here...

Alas - buy what you want :)
Nov 10, 2003
512 posts
92 upvotes
Richmond
rebel_rfd wrote: Let me know time and place.

I have the Kyanite Hoody and it stacked with the Cerium has kept me warm for many outdoor excursions in and out for the city.

The Kyanite is meant to be used as a mid layer, so paired with a base layer and down jacket it offers a lot more versatility than your basic all in one jackets from other mediocre brands.

And don’t forget the lifetime warranty.
From Costco's website,

"Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product."
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2510 posts
2412 upvotes
Calgary
evanwier wrote: Ugly as sin.
My first thought as well. But I think it's the model they chose to demo it. This guy wears it better:

Sep 13, 2017
15 posts
11 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Sizes S-XL ........... It actually looks like they picked an XL guy to model the S jacket. Face With Tears Of Joy
LOL my thoughts exactly when I opened the link
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1739 posts
222 upvotes
I'm in for one. If you're into any outdoor winter activities you can't beat these as a mid-layer.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Jul 13, 2013
830 posts
274 upvotes
Richmond Hill
no thanks-_-" This ugly jacket isn't deserve 130 at all
Nov 3, 2018
17 posts
26 upvotes
First jacket I've ever seen from Arc'teryx without any form of waterproofing, colour me surprised. But lack of warranty for 25% off doesn't seem worth...
Aug 10, 2015
55 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Isn't Costco warranty lifetime as well?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4982 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
Sunmax wrote: From Costco's website,

"Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product."
Yeah, I wouldn't get it from Costco. As I mentioned before you can get these articles cheaper from Sportchek and even Sportinglife.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4982 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
DoneDeals wrote: Isn't Costco warranty lifetime as well?
Unofficially yes, but I think they check your account to see if you have abused that very liberal policy of theirs.