Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Arlo Pro 2 with 3 HD Cameras - $499.99 ($130 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 6:56 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2003
181 posts
6 upvotes

[Costco] Arlo Pro 2 with 3 HD Cameras - $499.99 ($130 off)

I did a search and couldn't find this deal:
Arlo Pro 2 Wire-free Surveillance System with 3 HD Cameras - $499.99 ($130 off)
Seems like a good buy - for a decent system, cheapest I've seen it.
6 replies
Jan 11, 2017
108 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga
Comes with the old base station that does NOT support Siren Mode.
Realtor
Right at Home Realty Inc.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1803 posts
355 upvotes
Amazon has the new base for about $100.

I bought the 2 camera with newer base (siren & USB port). For such an expensive camera, it comes with dinky screws for mounting. BTW, the magnetic mountkng is a great idea, but Arlo needs to include secured mounting brackets.
I put mine in the front and dang, so much traffic and battery last around 10 days (this after turning off all the notifications).
Also, only came with 1 charger plug and USB cable...to charge 2 cameras? Arlo cheaped out in the charging cables and mount.
Camera going back to Costco.
Jun 9, 2018
19 posts
69 upvotes
For the reason that Costco model didn't have siren.. i bought the bestbuy deal

Arlo Pro2 - 4 camera bundle for 649.99

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ar ... y/11645038

It has newest base. Looking like arlo pro3/ultra base.
Has one usb port. Same as pro3 base.
Ultra base doesn't have usb ( only microsd )

Only issue with bestbuy bundle is .. it has only 1 exterior screw type wall mount. Costco bundle has 3. And only 1 charger + cable. And 4 wall mounts (magnetic semi circle ones that u hang to a nail which are no good for outdoors)
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
221 upvotes
Wanted to jump on this, due to HomeKit integration, but after looking more in depth into this I didn't like where they are going with their subscriptions (Ultra and Pro 3 no longer have free tier). Prefer to self host with Unifi Protect... everything these days is a subscription which slowly adds up. :)

As an aside, Google is dropping their Nest Aware subscription costs which may be better in the long term as well in 2020. $8/mo $80/yr for 30 days of event-video or $16/mo $160/yr for their plus tier which gives you 60 days of event video and 10 days 24/7 video history - no device limit. Arlo is $12.99/mo for up to 10 devices.
Dec 25, 2003
465 posts
407 upvotes
Saskatoon
I got lucky with a Lorex indoor cam I had that had it's cloud service discontinued. Lorex sent me a free outdoor HD cam that works with Google Assistant/Alexa. Very happy with it, no fees.
I can say OK Google Show me front door, and it streams the video to my Google Hub screen. Delay can be up to 10 sec though, like my Ring camera but ring wont stream to google (grr! and has a fee too).

The Lorex cam has a siren- why do ppl want the siren?? Maybe because they have never had one and think it is good?

Has intercom for communication too. It is a standalone camera with a phone app, no PC app (this is the advantage of Ring camera).

I would recommend the Lorex outdoor cam that works with Google Assistant/Alexa. Way cheaper too. It uses wifi and a long USB cable for power.