Jan 25, 2005
2663 posts
1358 upvotes
Surrey

[Costco] Artika Skylight 1 ft. × 4 ft. LED Flat Panel $59.99 Instore

Artika Skylight 1 ft. × 4 ft. LED Flat Panel

Costco Online link

Product Details

The Artika Skylight flat panel is an ultra-thin LED panel multi-purpose light fixture that is suitable for residential use. It is perfect for kitchens, garages or basements. It provides an even light distribution and is fully dimmable. The flat panel was designed for quick and easy installation on drywall and regular electric junction boxes. Hardware is included for ease of installation.

Features:
Quick and easy installation
Designed for installation on drywall and regular electric junction boxes
Ultra-thin LED panel
Even light distribution
Fully dimmable
Hardware included
Multi-purpose residential use: Kitchen, garage, basement
Light output (lumens): 3 300
Average life (hours): 50 000
Colour temperature (Kelvin): 4 000
Energy consumption (watts): 46
Energy Star certified
CSA approved

Specifications:
Dimensions (L × W × H): 121.3 cm × 30 cm × 2 cm (47.76 in. × 11.81 in. × 0.79 in.)
Weight: 4.2 kg (9.26 lb.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3933 posts
5300 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
I don't think that's a special price.
I saw it for $59.99 on March 29
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3478 posts
1517 upvotes
Ottawa
I believe I paid 99, I put a few of these in garages, mine included, they're quite good.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3120 posts
2037 upvotes
Id love to get one for my basement but the reviews are pretty bad. everyone says they die in a matter of days to 3 months
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2460 posts
1636 upvotes
GTA
I take it the price is $59.99 in store? Online I'm seeing $99.99.
May 3, 2017
31 posts
16 upvotes
Garage is about the only place id risk it too. Not worth the install to risk failure down the line.
Oct 27, 2017
718 posts
577 upvotes
Could also make your own with damaged LCD panels. Uses only the backlight and the diffuser film and power source.
Nov 24, 2004
18 posts
16 upvotes
Terrace
Last season (2019), it was sold for $99.99, and this season (2020), the price dropped to $79.99, and last week and this week it is on sale for $20 off, bringing it to $59.99.

One difference I noticed between the 2019 version and the 2020 version is the mounting arrangement. The mounting plate is shorter on the 2020 version, and uses only 4 anchors vice 6 in the 2019 version.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
2068 posts
8 upvotes
Thornhill
chiu_rulez wrote: Last season (2019), it was sold for $99.99, and this season (2020), the price dropped to $79.99, and last week and this week it is on sale for $20 off, bringing it to $59.99.

One difference I noticed between the 2019 version and the 2020 version is the mounting arrangement. The mounting plate is shorter on the 2020 version, and uses only 4 anchors vice 6 in the 2019 version.
Does it mount to exiting light fixture without using additional mounting?
Nov 24, 2004
18 posts
16 upvotes
Terrace
It needs 4 drywall anchors in addition to the existing junction box .
Nov 18, 2006
557 posts
232 upvotes
I bought a few of these to use in my basement gym with a suspended ceiling. Most of the other LED "troffer" lights that are dimmable need a 0-10V commercial dimmer that you need to route other wires to the dimmer switch. So these looked promising because they use a standard dimmer...

Unfortunately I didn't like the lighting... The troffer LED panel that I tried from Home Depot (before I found out about the dimmer issue) was a lot more diffuse in the light output compared to these Skylight lights. I think with a higher ceiling, these would probably be OK, but with the low ceiling in my basement, they were too spotlight-y. I ended up using a bunch of the 4" LED pot lights instead, was cheaper option and able to spread out better.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19565 posts
6872 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
chiu_rulez wrote: It needs 4 drywall anchors in addition to the existing junction box .
Which you'll never be able to patch in a way that doesn't stay super obvious without repainting the entire ceiling should you ever change your mind, have them break etc.

Food for thought, people.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19286 posts
2559 upvotes
Out west
Who has used these in their garage. I am adding another bank of lights to the middle of the garage and one above my work bench and want to grab these for the $60. But the reviews on amazon go from great to these quit working in 2 months,

As well, I dont know why this is in expired deals. In store they are still $59.99
Aug 25, 2012
229 posts
365 upvotes
VANCOUVER
These are worth it. I bought 4 and installed them last week. Light is bright and good tone for a finished garage. I have drywall painted flat white and grey epoxy and these fit right in.
WikkiWikki wrote: Who has used these in their garage. I am adding another bank of lights to the middle of the garage and one above my work bench and want to grab these for the $60. But the reviews on amazon go from great to these quit working in 2 months,

As well, I dont know why this is in expired deals. In store they are still $59.99
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Aug 25, 2012
229 posts
365 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Got this along with the rockrez epoxy kit from Costco and the versarack ceiling mounted storage system. Costco was my one stop shop for garage improvements this summer.
frozatio wrote: These are worth it. I bought 4 and installed them last week. Light is bright and good tone for a finished garage. I have drywall painted flat white and grey epoxy and these fit right in.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19286 posts
2559 upvotes
Out west
Bought the 3 I needed at the sale price. Probably will pull the new outlets for the ceiling in September when it cools off
Sep 24, 2004
816 posts
388 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone thinking of buying these be warned of the quality. From the various reviews I've read on Costco's site the panel barely lasts for about 2 months. I had the same experience. Now I got to bring it down and return it to Costco.

The light looks really good and easy to install, but the quality is where it lacks.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19286 posts
2559 upvotes
Out west
sudesingh wrote: Anyone thinking of buying these be warned of the quality. From the various reviews I've read on Costco's site the panel barely lasts for about 2 months. I had the same experience. Now I got to bring it down and return it to Costco.

The light looks really good and easy to install, but the quality is where it lacks.
Havent installed mine yet, as I still have to pull wiring/roof outlets. Ill still give them a shot, if the same happens, I guess I return them. They seem to be hit and miss, maybe some are bad batchs, others are not