Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 2-in-1 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD - $799.99 after $200 OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 5:11 am
Jul 17, 2019
258 posts
519 upvotes

[Costco] ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 2-in-1 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD - $799.99 after $200 OFF

Processor and Memory:
AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor
16 GB DDR4

Drives:
512 GB SSD
No optical drive
microSD card reader

Display and Video Graphics:
14 in. FHD touch display (1920 × 1080)
AMD Radeon™ graphics

Communication:
Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.0
HD web camera

Keyboard and Pointing Device:
Bilingual keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad
Fingerprint reader

Ports:
1 × USB-C™
1 × USB 3.2
1 × USB 2.0
1 × HDMI®
1 × headphone/microphone combo

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10

Specifications:
Dimensions (W × D × H): 32.4 cm × 22.0 cm × 1.8 cm (12.8 in. × 8.7 in. × 0.7 in.)
Weight (approximate): 1.5 kg (3.3 lb.)
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best laptops for students!
48 replies
May 2, 2019
724 posts
1867 upvotes
Bilingual keyboard is a deal breaker for me.
Jan 7, 2008
27 posts
21 upvotes
That's a good deal when you consider the specs. Hard pressed to find comparable price when you consider processor, ram, and storage space for a 2 in 1.

Wonder if it can handle dual monitor support?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5059 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ricolee99 wrote: Wonder if it can handle dual monitor support?
Probably can with the USB-C port.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4372 posts
6939 upvotes
The killer on these is always the bilingual keyboard...

Sometimes it's non intrusive, but this one and especially the Lenovo, change keyboard layouts and key sizes. If you can get past that, it's a good deal. But the typing experience can be so bad it's a deal killer.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
haroldliang wrote: Bilingual keyboard is a deal breaker for me.
There are different implementations of the Canadian Bilingual keyboard. For instance, the horrible Lenovo one with split left shift key and |\ in the A-row in ISO layout, and the one by Asus in ANSI layout. Here's a post from a previous thread titled [Costco] ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA-CH71-CB 2-in-1 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 16G 512G $849

henrypt wrote: I have this laptop and I can confirm this is the bilingual keyboard.
The laptop model seems to be similar on this and the linked previous thread: ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA-CH71-CB 2-in-1 Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, Item 1057974Model TM420IA-CH71-CB

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Mar 30, 2019
67 posts
63 upvotes
How long before we see these specs in the ~$600 range?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Caerus wrote: The killer on these is always the bilingual keyboard...

Sometimes it's non intrusive, but this one and especially the Lenovo, change keyboard layouts and key sizes. If you can get past that, it's a good deal. But the typing experience can be so bad it's a deal killer.
Why do people post things like this as if bilingual keyboards are nearly impossible to get used to.

My laptop has the one mentioned by aviador in their post, with the split left shift and "|\" keys. I've literally never had any issues switching between it and a "standard" keyboard.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4372 posts
6939 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Why do people post things like this as if bilingual keyboards are nearly impossible to get used to.

My laptop has the one mentioned by aviador in their post, with the split left shift and "|\" keys. I've literally never had any issues switching between it and a "standard" keyboard.
Because some people learn to type specific ways and a change in layout and key size can screw everything up. Typing speed, accuracy, hand/finger strain, and muscle memory can all be affected by a change in layout and key size. That's not a difficult concept to understand.

If you've learned one way for your entire life for example, and have to change and adjust here, then go back and forth between this and a regular keyboard layout for something like work and home, that can easily mess things up.

So "people post thing like this" because it's an issue. Also why I stated, "If you can get past that, it's a good deal."

So just because you personally don't have a problem with it, doesn't mean your experience is a reflection of everyone else.
Last edited by Caerus on May 31st, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2009
1143 posts
877 upvotes
ricolee99 wrote: That's a good deal when you consider the specs. Hard pressed to find comparable price when you consider processor, ram, and storage space for a 2 in 1.

Wonder if it can handle dual monitor support?
willy0275 wrote: Probably can with the USB-C port.
From what I have seen this USB-C does not support display output. So you are stuck to the HDMI only.
Jan 7, 2008
27 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks willy. Darn, just found on a site that the USBC does not support display.

Would like to use 2 regular monitors connected to the laptop.

Anyone with experience using those USB 3.0 docking stations? Does it eat up your processor?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
Delivery Type Warehouse Pick-up

Interesting. Totally missed the other 3 banners
Last edited by Ruciz on May 31st, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1648 posts
865 upvotes
GeraldoRei wrote: How long before we see these specs in the ~$600 range?
Not for at least 6 months or longer with the current chip shortages and increased component and shipping costs.
This seems like a very good price for a Ryzen 7 proc in a flip 2in1.
Last edited by vernonco on May 31st, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone wonders: IPS-level Panel, Glossy display, LED Backlit, 250nits, NTSC: 45%, Screen-to-body ratio: 82 %, With stylus support
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Mar 30, 2019
67 posts
63 upvotes
vernonco wrote: Not for at least 6 months or longer with the current chip shortages and increased component and shipping costs.
This seems like a very good price for a Ryzen 7 proc in a flip 2in1.
Thanks for the info. I don't necessarily need the flip/touchscreen so I'm just wondering if I should jump in now or wait. Probably need something for September.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
GeraldoRei wrote: Thanks for the info. I don't necessarily need the flip/touchscreen so I'm just wondering if I should jump in now or wait. Probably need something for September.
Costco offers a 90 day return period. That's pretty close if you don't need the 800 in the mean time
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1648 posts
865 upvotes
GeraldoRei wrote: Thanks for the info. I don't necessarily need the flip/touchscreen so I'm just wondering if I should jump in now or wait. Probably need something for September.
I doubt you will see anything better than this price even going into the BTS sales. If anything, pricing will get higher. An i5 non-flip with 16/512 has been $699 on sale at boxing week prices. With this notebook you are getting a higher R7 plus flip/touch for $100 more. So in this price class those would be your best two options. Plus Costco has a longer return window and a extra one year warranty.
Mar 30, 2019
67 posts
63 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Costco offers a 90 day return period. That's pretty close if you don't need the 800 in the mean time
vernonco wrote: I doubt you will see anything better than this price even going into the BTS sales. If anything, pricing will get higher. An i5 non-flip with 16/512 has been $699 on sale at boxing week prices. With this notebook you are getting a higher R7 plus flip/touch for $100 more. So in this price class those would be your best two options. Plus Costco has a longer return window and a extra one year warranty.
Thanks, guys. This will help me make a decision. Much appreciated.