Expired Hot Deals

Costco

ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA-CH71-CB 2-in-1 Laptop, Ryzen 7 4700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD - $799.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 5:52 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
298 posts
2455 upvotes

[Costco] ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA-CH71-CB 2-in-1 Laptop, Ryzen 7 4700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD - $799.99

Previous threads: costco-asus-vivobook-flip-14-2-1-laptop ... f-2468361/

asus-vivobook-flip-14-tm420ia-ch71-cb-2 ... 9-2453465/

• AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor
  • 16 GB DDR4
  • 512 GB SSD
  • microSD card reader
  • 14 in. FHD touch display (1920 × 1080)
  • AMD Radeon™ graphics
  • Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.0
  • HD web camera
  • Bilingual keyboard
  • Multi-gesture touchpad
  • Fingerprint reader
  • 1 × USB-C™
  • 1 × USB 3.2
  • 1 × USB 2.0
  • 1 × HDMI®
  • 1 × headphone/microphone combo
  • Dimensions (W × D × H): 32.4 cm × 22.0 cm × 1.8 cm (12.8 in. × 8.7 in. × 0.7 in.)
  • Weight (approximate): 1.5 kg (3.3 lb.)

Looks like this laptop comes with the bilingual keyboard with proper shift and enter keys:
henrypt wrote: I have this laptop and I can confirm this is the bilingual keyboard.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming laptops!
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1410 posts
382 upvotes
How is the screen on this? Brightness and colors?

EDIT: I read the other thread, looks a bit on the weaker side 250 nits and pool NTSC color gamut.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2085 posts
2633 upvotes
is it online only? do they have Demo in store?

The costco online reviews scare me a lot.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2382 posts
2607 upvotes
Toronto
BiGD33nS wrote: How is the screen on this? Brightness and colors?

EDIT: I read the other thread, looks a bit on the weaker side 250 nits and pool NTSC color gamut.
I have this laptop and I use it personally for gaming and a bit of office work on the side. I really like it and I'm glad I made the purchase when it went on sale last time. No issues with the camera or built in mic for Zoom meetings. It is very light and the touch screen is something I didn't know I wanted, but really comes in handy.

I find it has a good about of brightness. It is fine for everyday use, but I'm not an artist nor someone who really gets technical with pixel brightness and colour range. Movies and games show clearly without issue. Although when I am outside in bright light, the screen can appear dim.

I can game with this laptop (I play MMOs) on medium settings, but I suggest you get a laptop fan for really long gaming sessions. Although that might be true for most laptops.

For those that are worried that it doesn't charge with a USB-C charger, you can buy a USB-C to DC adapter. I did that, look for a Female USB C/Type-C to DC 4.0 * 1.35mm. The charging source needs to be about 30W I believe. The DC adapter it does come with is very small anyway.
Jan 14, 2011
44 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote: I have this laptop and I use it personally for gaming and a bit of office work on the side. I really like it and I'm glad I made the purchase when it went on sale last time. No issues with the camera or built in mic for Zoom meetings. It is very light and the touch screen is something I didn't know I wanted, but really comes in handy.

I find it has a good about of brightness. It is fine for everyday use, but I'm not an artist nor someone who really gets technical with pixel brightness and colour range. Movies and games show clearly without issue. Although when I am outside in bright light, the screen can appear dim.

I can game with this laptop (I play MMOs) on medium settings, but I suggest you get a laptop fan for really long gaming sessions. Although that might be true for most laptops.
I agree with Silverele's review of this awesome laptop (except the gaming - I dont play at all).
I've been using this for over half a year now for office work, browsing and streaming - no issues so far.
I purchased the stylus pen off amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/RENAISSER-Sensiti ... 127&sr=8-1
Sep 11, 2019
114 posts
79 upvotes
I have this laptop for a few months now (bought in previous costco sale) and I concur it's awesome overall - very fast performance, very quiet (fan is inaudible most of the time), and very good build quality.
Jun 2, 2007
720 posts
23 upvotes
Interested for a family member, but the RFD member review vs. costco.ca reviews is hard to decipher!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2382 posts
2607 upvotes
Toronto
Defiant_Man11 wrote: Interested for a family member, but the RFD member review vs. costco.ca reviews is hard to decipher!
I find that the Costco reviews are usually overly on the negative side for everything they sell. Maybe take a look at other places that sell this or at least close to this setup, like Best Buy or Amazon. There are a few good professional reviews on this series as well.
Aug 3, 2005
636 posts
262 upvotes
silverele wrote: I find that the Costco reviews are usually overly on the negative side for everything they sell. Maybe take a look at other places that sell this or at least close to this setup, like Best Buy or Amazon. There are a few good professional reviews on this series as well.
People literally fight for costco in-store items and some stuff sell out in like 1 day but then you see same item has so many bad reviews online. Meanwhile everything in amazon has 4+ reviews unless its realy garbage.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)