Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Asus ZenBook UX435EAL laptop $1399 ($100 off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 12:15 am
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
63 posts
167 upvotes

[Costco] Asus ZenBook UX435EAL laptop $1399 ($100 off)

Thought this was a nifty deal on a nice set of specs

2lb featherweight, 16gb ram, 1tb ssd, 100% sRGB display, usb-c charger, 2x thunderbolt, full hdmi... Reviews seem to suggest it is a nice screen at 400 nits albeit FHD and not 2k/4k, and 16x9. Keyboard has some good reviews and some not so good, and battery life is well reviewed as well.

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/42675-a ... ga-review/

I don't really care for the number pad but its cool I guess.
Last edited by rymccow on Aug 6th, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for a new computer for school, check out RFD Reviews' list of the best laptops for students!
13 replies
Jr. Member
Feb 21, 2004
143 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the post; been eyeing up this model for a while but not sure I can bring myself to pull the trigger without Ryzen lol.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
63 posts
167 upvotes
FadeAwayJ wrote: Thanks for the post; been eyeing up this model for a while but not sure I can bring myself to pull the trigger without Ryzen lol.
thought the same thing but i don't see a ryzen in a premium chasis with a 1tb hard drive available
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3470 posts
3964 upvotes
Meh, my older Asus Zen 13 was only 2.1 lbs, that was truly featherweight. This one is double the weight with a one-inch larger screen. Weight is one of the best features of the Zen laptops, especially important if you're commuting to school or work because you're likely taking other stuff along as well so every pound matters. BTW, the Zen laptops hold their value pretty well. Once I finished with it after 2 years, I was still able to sell it for only about a hundred less than I bought it for.
For Sale:
Newbie
Jul 19, 2020
10 posts
27 upvotes
weight is misrepresented in the original post.

Weight (approximate): 1.0 kg (2.2 lb.)
Newbie
Jul 19, 2020
10 posts
27 upvotes
I also see that you won't get this for over a month. You could always order & then cancel if you find something else.

"This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 09/13/2021 and 09/17/2021."
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2007
2475 posts
1636 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Meh, my older Asus Zen 13 was only 2.1 lbs, that was truly featherweight. This one is double the weight with a one-inch larger screen. Weight is one of the best features of the Zen laptops, especially important if you're commuting to school or work because you're likely taking other stuff along as well so every pound matters. BTW, the Zen laptops hold their value pretty well. Once I finished with it after 2 years, I was still able to sell it for only about a hundred less than I bought it for.
This is straight cap. There is no way that happened.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
5383 posts
5692 upvotes
Richmond Hill
whoa-albert wrote: This is straight cap. There is no way that happened.
Not impossible. For cheaper models, $100 can still be a significant percentage.

If he bought this Zenbook with education discount and subtracted the Microsoft Store credit ($50), it's plausible.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3470 posts
3964 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: This is straight cap. There is no way that happened.
It happened. For starters the laptop was in pristine condition, I got it at a very good price from Costco, which was further reduced when their price came down even more, and I have an excellent seller rating on FB and Kijiji with over 50+ ratings, which automatically attracts people. But hey, you know better.
For Sale:
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
63 posts
167 upvotes
darkcoral wrote: weight is misrepresented in the original post.

Weight (approximate): 1.0 kg (2.2 lb.)
updated thanks
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
63 posts
167 upvotes
darkcoral wrote: I also see that you won't get this for over a month. You could always order & then cancel if you find something else.

"This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 09/13/2021 and 09/17/2021."
True. Will the best deals be incoming with back to school
Newbie
Oct 13, 2007
21 posts
24 upvotes
I ordered on August 3, but still have not received a shipping confirmation.

Has anyone gotten shipping confirmation?
Newbie
Oct 3, 2021
1 posts
Hamilton
I got mine last week.

Laptop was DOA, wouldn't turn on and wouldn't charge. Just showed light patterns consistent with an inability to charge the battery.

A shame because it's now gone from the site and back ordered until god knows when and the UX435EAL is not available anywhere else.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)