Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Asus ZenBook UX435EAL laptop $1399 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 12:15 am
[OP]
Sep 28, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes

[Costco] Asus ZenBook UX435EAL laptop $1399 ($100 off)

Thought this was a nifty deal on a nice set of specs

2lb featherweight, 16gb ram, 1tb ssd, 100% sRGB display, usb-c charger, 2x thunderbolt, full hdmi... Reviews seem to suggest it is a nice screen at 400 nits albeit FHD and not 2k/4k, and 16x9. Keyboard has some good reviews and some not so good, and battery life is well reviewed as well.

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/42675-a ... ga-review/

I don't really care for the number pad but its cool I guess.
Last edited by rymccow on Aug 6th, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for a new computer for school, check out RFD Reviews' list of the best laptops for students!
12 replies
Feb 21, 2004
126 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the post; been eyeing up this model for a while but not sure I can bring myself to pull the trigger without Ryzen lol.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
FadeAwayJ wrote: Thanks for the post; been eyeing up this model for a while but not sure I can bring myself to pull the trigger without Ryzen lol.
thought the same thing but i don't see a ryzen in a premium chasis with a 1tb hard drive available
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3179 posts
3546 upvotes
Meh, my older Asus Zen 13 was only 2.1 lbs, that was truly featherweight. This one is double the weight with a one-inch larger screen. Weight is one of the best features of the Zen laptops, especially important if you're commuting to school or work because you're likely taking other stuff along as well so every pound matters. BTW, the Zen laptops hold their value pretty well. Once I finished with it after 2 years, I was still able to sell it for only about a hundred less than I bought it for.
For Sale:
Jul 19, 2020
10 posts
27 upvotes
weight is misrepresented in the original post.

Weight (approximate): 1.0 kg (2.2 lb.)
Jul 19, 2020
10 posts
27 upvotes
I also see that you won't get this for over a month. You could always order & then cancel if you find something else.

"This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 09/13/2021 and 09/17/2021."
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2397 posts
1506 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Meh, my older Asus Zen 13 was only 2.1 lbs, that was truly featherweight. This one is double the weight with a one-inch larger screen. Weight is one of the best features of the Zen laptops, especially important if you're commuting to school or work because you're likely taking other stuff along as well so every pound matters. BTW, the Zen laptops hold their value pretty well. Once I finished with it after 2 years, I was still able to sell it for only about a hundred less than I bought it for.
This is straight cap. There is no way that happened.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
15279 posts
4192 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
whoa-albert wrote: This is straight cap. There is no way that happened.
It's possible. About 3 years ago, I sold my old Acer Aspire 5601 with Intel Core Duo T2050, 2GB of RAM, 100GB HDD for $50 on Kijiji. Thought it would be worthless lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4356 posts
3913 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not impossible. For cheaper models, $100 can still be a significant percentage.

If he bought this Zenbook with education discount and subtracted the Microsoft Store credit ($50), it's plausible.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3179 posts
3546 upvotes
It happened. For starters the laptop was in pristine condition, I got it at a very good price from Costco, which was further reduced when their price came down even more, and I have an excellent seller rating on FB and Kijiji with over 50+ ratings, which automatically attracts people. But hey, you know better.
For Sale:
[OP]
Sep 28, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
darkcoral wrote: weight is misrepresented in the original post.

Weight (approximate): 1.0 kg (2.2 lb.)
updated thanks
[OP]
Sep 28, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
darkcoral wrote: I also see that you won't get this for over a month. You could always order & then cancel if you find something else.

"This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 09/13/2021 and 09/17/2021."
True. Will the best deals be incoming with back to school
Oct 13, 2007
21 posts
24 upvotes
I ordered on August 3, but still have not received a shipping confirmation.

Has anyone gotten shipping confirmation?