Audio Technica ATH-ANC900BT $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 7:55 pm
[OP]
Sep 12, 2021
1 posts
7 upvotes

[Costco] Audio Technica ATH-ANC900BT $149.99

First post please be nice, In the market for noise cancelling headphones and came across these audio technicas. The closest price I can find is at best buy is $379.99

https://www.costco.ca/audio-technica-at ... 79783.html

Product Details
The ATH-ANC900BT QuietPoint® wireless over-ear headphones feature digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology for the highest degree of ambient noise reduction of any QuietPoint® model.

Features:
Digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology
Bluetooth
Touch and swipe controls built into the earcup
40 mm drivers feature diaphragms with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating to deliver exceptional full-range audio reproduction
Switchable quick hear-through function allows voices to be heard through the headphones (conversations, announcements at airports and transit stations, etc.)
Fold-flat design for easy portability
Exclusive memory-foam earpads provide increased isolation
Up to 35 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge
Audio Technica Connect app
2 replies
Jul 2, 2007
189 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Still using microUSB for charging, it's kinda slow to charge. My other devices use USB-C, so I returned it because I prefer USB-C for charging.

Great sound tho, but ANC is not as good as Sony XM4.

For $149.99, it's a steal.

Review:

Feb 29, 2016
188 posts
103 upvotes
Quote from a well regarded reviewer (https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... uietpoint/):

"There not a very good headphone.

But $150 is really cheap. I still wouldn't buy them or want to use them.

It's another poorly tuned ath headphone, with dull technical performance.

It's not going to sound nearly as good as a k371. It's closer in quality to the xm3 and xm4, and other anc bt headphones. But with slightly worse anc.

At $150 it's not the worst deal as an overall product. But it's another bt anc headphone that doesn't sound very good.

Also yes like other bt anc headphones, it sounds awful in passive mode. But this time the anc does correct the FR but not in a very good way. Which is why no matter what it doesn't sound very good.

At full price it's a piece of garbage. At $150 it's just meh."