[Costco] Baby mat that are actually for babies 150cm x 200cm $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2020 6:39 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2017
25 posts
250 upvotes

[Costco] Baby mat that are actually for babies 150cm x 200cm $34.99

Spotted this new item at the brighton costco in Burnaby. Good for parents with baby or tots. Comparable to dwinguler and baby care mats that goes for 150+. I have many baby care mats and these are must haves IMO. I know you can buy cheaper foam mats, but I wouldn't use those for my babies.

Made in Korea.

Enter Costco at your own risk, I will not be responsible if you get run over in the parking lot or fall victim to shopping cart thieves.

Please share if you find these at other locations.
Images
  • 20200118_151549.jpg
  • 20200118_151544.jpg
  • 20200118_151537.jpg
35 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1085 posts
768 upvotes
Brampton
Can be had for sub $30 on occasional sale. Last time was around $28 I believe
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2500 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
Kuroharo wrote: Spotted this new item at the brighton costco in Burnaby. Good for parents with baby or tots. Comparable to dwinguler and baby care mats that goes for 150+. I have many baby care mats and these are must haves IMO. I know you can buy cheaper foam mats, but I wouldn't use those for my babies.

Made in Korea.

Enter Costco at your own risk, I will not be responsible if you get run over in the parking lot or fall victim to shopping cart thieves.

We have a Dwinguler mat for a few years now, and we purchased one of these as well a couple of months back from Costco and I can 100% tell you these are not comparable to the Dwinguler mat. Not saying these are bad by any means, for the price they are good and I would recommend them, but the Dwinguler is so much better.
Feb 1, 2009
203 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I would recommend you check the thickness. We bought one from amazon and it isn’t very thick. If the baby takes a tumble it might still hurt a bit.
Jan 28, 2009
173 posts
72 upvotes
Kuroharo wrote: I know you can buy cheaper foam mats, but I wouldn't use those for my babies.
What's the difference between these and the cheaper mats? Just thickness?
Jul 14, 2005
66 posts
14 upvotes
Delta
kramerz80 wrote: We have a Dwinguler mat for a few years now, and we purchased one of these as well a couple of months back from Costco and I can 100% tell you these are not comparable to the Dwinguler mat. Not saying these are bad by any means, for the price they are good and I would recommend them, but the Dwinguler is so much better.
never had a Dwinguler, heard about it but couldn't justify the price. as a true RFDer, buy 2, put 1 underneath the other (if thickness is a concern) and pocket the change for something else :p
Apr 28, 2013
96 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
You get what you pay for.

On top of being thinner as someone above mentioned, this will also stick to your bare foot as you walk on it, and thus make a noise.
I have one of these in the baby room. Tried to sneak out after he falls asleep and sometimes failed due to the noise.
Mar 7, 2011
88 posts
113 upvotes
These have been for sale at Costco for months, including once when they were on sale for a few weeks.

Not a hot deal
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
2945 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Defiantly no comparison to Dwinguler.

Dwinguler is foam coated in soft rubber. So there's some weight to it and provides more bounce/squishyness and doesn't move. Costco one is foam, wrapped in light plastic sheets.

That said... this is good enough. You'll only use it for a few months, before the baby refuses to stay on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1599 posts
823 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a dwinguler mat and I've checked these out a little bit. They are super light. Like, 20% of the weight of the dwinguler. You pay for what you get.

For $35, I did recommend it to my friend who's kid is currently pulling out the letters from those alphabet foam mats. Easier to clean up any spit up etc on these single surface mats.
Mar 18, 2008
292 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
gianttama wrote: never had a Dwinguler, heard about it but couldn't justify the price. as a true RFDer, buy 2, put 1 underneath the other (if thickness is a concern) and pocket the change for something else :p
That’s exactly what we did. Bought 4 and use 2 of them as bottom layers.

When the kids get a little older, it goes in the basement as 4 single mats which will cover a large area.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1483 posts
473 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Disappointed, mat is not made out of babies.
Oct 29, 2013
73 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kuroharo wrote: Spotted this new item at the brighton costco in Burnaby. Good for parents with baby or tots. Comparable to dwinguler and baby care mats that goes for 150+. I have many baby care mats and these are must haves IMO. I know you can buy cheaper foam mats, but I wouldn't use those for my babies.

Made in Korea.

But, can I do jiu-jitsu on these??