Vancouver

[Costco] Barbour Jackets on Clearance - $199.97

Great deal if you like the style
62 replies
Dec 8, 2006
494 posts
235 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
Aug 26, 2019
350 posts
428 upvotes
The6ix
Irridion wrote: I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
I'd say the model. His slanted shoulders doesn't give this jacket a masculine look. But for $200 I can probably find something nicer looking too.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2032 posts
1880 upvotes
What is up with that zipper and overall aesthetic.

Makes me thing selling counterfeit DVDs is a pre-requisite for owning this coat
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8599 posts
3416 upvotes
Toronto
I was disappointed when I clicked the link and it wasn't Babar the King...
Oct 14, 2008
428 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao Costco chose the worst possible photo to show the jacket. It's a staple of British fashion, just google it and you'll see how good it can look. Insanely hot deal if it fits. (I'm 5'4" so no chance for me)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2339 posts
766 upvotes
I bought a couple of jackets from here. You'll pay import duties but the quality (Made in the U.K.) and prices are good. But the arms length are always so short.
Dec 24, 2011
486 posts
1016 upvotes
East, Canada
Nice price but unfortunately these Barbour jackets are mostly a no-go for anyone tall (6’>) or broad as the sleeves are always far too short on the wrist. You need a tailored Barbour, and you’ll need to be in a store in the UK that is able to do that. It’ll cost you far more than $200 but at least it will look proper.
Feb 13, 2008
419 posts
254 upvotes
Hamilton
RaiderX wrote: Nice price but unfortunately these Barbour jackets are mostly a no-go for anyone tall (6’>) or broad as the sleeves are always far too short on the wrist. You need a tailored Barbour, and you’ll need to be in a store in the UK that is able to do that. It’ll cost you far more than $200 but at least it will look proper.
You know, that's probably why the jacket on the model looks odd, I think he has his shoulders and arms hunched so that the sleeves don't look too short.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7102 posts
4683 upvotes
Irridion wrote: I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Costco chose some awful models for their Barbour jackets. They look great when fitted like Daniel Craig's jacket in Skyfall.
Dec 8, 2006
494 posts
235 upvotes
Scarborough
Madchester wrote: Costco chose some awful models for their Barbour jackets. They look great when fitted like Daniel Craig's jacket in Skyfall.
A list movies generally have bespoke versions of anything a lead wears...the quilted jacket actually looks okay ish... is costco doing a walmart and using staff as models...?

Do Brits have short arms?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11980 posts
1762 upvotes
Big fan of Barbour jackets but yeah this is the ugliest photo ever on the website.
Oct 24, 2009
928 posts
935 upvotes
Vancouver
Upvote for Costco’s model choice. This guy’s about to become internet famous.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1104 posts
542 upvotes
OAlton wrote:
I'd say the model. His slanted shoulders doesn't give this jacket a masculine look. But for $200 I can probably find something nicer looking too.
I returned mine because I felt it was pulling down on my shoulders and I'm not even broad chested. I found the top narrow and the bottom wide. Something about it didn't fit right for me. I'm an average build
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7102 posts
4683 upvotes
Irridion wrote: A list movies generally have bespoke versions of anything a lead wears...the quilted jacket actually looks okay ish... is costco doing a walmart and using staff as models...?

Do Brits have short arms?
For Skyfall, the costumer designer found the Barbour x Tokito jacket in a store, removed the hood and gave it a more weathered look. But otherwise, didn't really change anything in terms of fit. So "bespoke" but also not "fitted".