Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Barbour Jackets on Clearance - $199.97

  • Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 6:56 pm
62 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2006
571 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
Member
Aug 26, 2019
384 posts
467 upvotes
Guelph-Kitchener-Wat…
Irridion wrote: I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
I'd say the model. His slanted shoulders doesn't give this jacket a masculine look. But for $200 I can probably find something nicer looking too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 25, 2009
2155 posts
2228 upvotes
What is up with that zipper and overall aesthetic.

Makes me thing selling counterfeit DVDs is a pre-requisite for owning this coat
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9296 posts
4355 upvotes
Toronto
I was disappointed when I clicked the link and it wasn't Babar the King...
Member
Oct 14, 2008
458 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao Costco chose the worst possible photo to show the jacket. It's a staple of British fashion, just google it and you'll see how good it can look. Insanely hot deal if it fits. (I'm 5'4" so no chance for me)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2438 posts
857 upvotes
I bought a couple of jackets from here. You'll pay import duties but the quality (Made in the U.K.) and prices are good. But the arms length are always so short.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2011
615 posts
1394 upvotes
East, Canada
Nice price but unfortunately these Barbour jackets are mostly a no-go for anyone tall (6’>) or broad as the sleeves are always far too short on the wrist. You need a tailored Barbour, and you’ll need to be in a store in the UK that is able to do that. It’ll cost you far more than $200 but at least it will look proper.
Amex Platinum, Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business card holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
Sr. Member
Feb 13, 2008
530 posts
454 upvotes
Hamilton
RaiderX wrote: Nice price but unfortunately these Barbour jackets are mostly a no-go for anyone tall (6’>) or broad as the sleeves are always far too short on the wrist. You need a tailored Barbour, and you’ll need to be in a store in the UK that is able to do that. It’ll cost you far more than $200 but at least it will look proper.
You know, that's probably why the jacket on the model looks odd, I think he has his shoulders and arms hunched so that the sleeves don't look too short.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7402 posts
6394 upvotes
Irridion wrote: I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
Costco chose some awful models for their Barbour jackets. They look great when fitted like Daniel Craig's jacket in Skyfall.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2006
571 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
Madchester wrote: Costco chose some awful models for their Barbour jackets. They look great when fitted like Daniel Craig's jacket in Skyfall.
A list movies generally have bespoke versions of anything a lead wears...the quilted jacket actually looks okay ish... is costco doing a walmart and using staff as models...?

Do Brits have short arms?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12435 posts
2179 upvotes
Big fan of Barbour jackets but yeah this is the ugliest photo ever on the website.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2009
996 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
Upvote for Costco’s model choice. This guy’s about to become internet famous.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1200 posts
654 upvotes
OAlton wrote:
I'd say the model. His slanted shoulders doesn't give this jacket a masculine look. But for $200 I can probably find something nicer looking too.
I returned mine because I felt it was pulling down on my shoulders and I'm not even broad chested. I found the top narrow and the bottom wide. Something about it didn't fit right for me. I'm an average build
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7402 posts
6394 upvotes
Irridion wrote: A list movies generally have bespoke versions of anything a lead wears...the quilted jacket actually looks okay ish... is costco doing a walmart and using staff as models...?

Do Brits have short arms?
For Skyfall, the costumer designer found the Barbour x Tokito jacket in a store, removed the hood and gave it a more weathered look. But otherwise, didn't really change anything in terms of fit. So "bespoke" but also not "fitted".

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)