Costco

Barbour Jackets on Clearance - $199.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 6:56 pm
Oct 29, 2010
343 posts
500 upvotes
Quebec
Barbour, where the zipper has to be as big as your masculinity.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1035 posts
1184 upvotes
im gonna be looking so hot in this jacket

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Nov 17, 2019
769 posts
1961 upvotes
Hey Niko! It's your cousin. Let's go bowling.Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1512 posts
457 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Irridion wrote: Eastern Europe is not a "race".
That's not woke enough of you...
Mar 4, 2006
342 posts
153 upvotes
Ottawa
wally_walrus wrote: That's not woke enough of you...
Wow, this thread went sideways in a hurry and in ways I hadn’t expected.

Yup. It’s a British classic even if now made in Bulgaria! I’ll use it to impress my British co-workers and show my Bulgarian customers that I’m dedicated to supporting their workers. And I’ll look cool.

I’m only 5’8” so I’m hoping the length will work for me.

Win. Win. Win.

Many thanks for pointing out the deal.
Banned
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
Irridion wrote: Eastern Europe is not a "race".
Eastern Europe = Slavic peoples = "race"
So, that is just as racist as saying that "Chinese" people have no fashion sense.

If we oppose racism then we oppose ALL racism.
I am shocked that people still make such racist comments...
... or is anti-White racism acceptable?
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
May 11, 2005
490 posts
370 upvotes
Brampton
Irridion wrote: I'm not certain if it is the model, the jacket cut or the sizing but this does not look like it fits very well...

Maybe one day companies will realize Canadians are not as supersized as our American cousins as yet.
Exactly the same reason I prefer getting most of my clothing from the UK, obviously when I travel. Hate the sizing here. Large is always bigger for me if bought here and a large size fits very well if bought in the UK. Strange
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16025 posts
7640 upvotes
Ottawa
I do NOT understand the sizing. So is 40 UK actually closer to a X large in NA size? It seems like they come in 30/32/34/36/38/40 on the atltitude sports site
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Sep 3, 2014
854 posts
884 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
warpdrive wrote: I do NOT understand the sizing. So is 40 UK actually closer to a X large in NA size? It seems like they come in 30/32/34/36/38/40 on the atltitude sports site
No, it just means the larger sizes aren’t available at Altitude.

Barbour sizes are the same as suit jackets, but they will run larger as they are intended to be worn over jackets for example.

I wear XL tee shirts and Barbour jackets fit me at 44. That size jacket takes the L size liner.

Don’t forget these jackets are also sized to take zip-in liners or be worn over a sweater, and also to be comfortable when riding a horse or outdoor activities. They aren’t a tailored fit.

That’s also why Bedale is a short length - for horse riding.

Beaufort is a few inches longer and a better length in my opinion. I’m only 5’7”
Last edited by BritsinCanada on May 16th, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
May 8, 2008
236 posts
334 upvotes
BritsinCanada wrote: No, it just means the larger sizes aren’t available at Altitude.

Barbour sizes are the same as suit jackets, but they will run larger as they are intended to be worn over jackets for example.

I wear XL tee shirts and Barbour jackets fit me at 44. That size jacket takes the L size liner.

Don’t forget these jackets are also sized to take zip-in liners or be worn over a sweater, and also to be comfortable when riding a horse or outdoor activities. They aren’t a tailored fit.

That’s also why Bedale is a short length - for horse riding.

Beaufort is a few inches longer and a better length in my opinion. I’m only 5’7”
BritsinCanada wrote: Barbour size guide here:

https://www.barbour.com/us/mens-size-fit-guide

Personally I would stick with UK-made Barbour jacket. There is a difference in quality.
Username checks out which is good enough for me in terms of expertise on the internet.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46923 posts
10085 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
aviator_13 wrote: What is up with that zipper and overall aesthetic.

Makes me thing selling counterfeit DVDs is a pre-requisite for owning this coat
He don't pull it off that well.
But its a thing sorta? "normcore".

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/what-is-normcore/
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1768 posts
1050 upvotes
Toronto
This model will be famous in MBA case studies as how a few photos can ruin a brand :).

Don't blame the model though, he just wasn't fitted with the right jacket.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3433 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a Barbour quilted from Nordstrom last yr and the sizing was off. Thankfully the returns policy for Nord and Costco is good.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16025 posts
7640 upvotes
Ottawa
BritsinCanada wrote: No, it just means the larger sizes aren’t available at Altitude.

I'm tempted just to try this jacket to see what the fuss is about. Never seen one in person in a store.

I usually take a M or L jacket. So would I be better off ordering the 40 or 42? On some brands with a slim fit, I have to get a L, but mostly medium jackets in a regular fit are fine assuming I'm not layering.

edit: From what you said I assume the 40 would be ok.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Sep 3, 2014
854 posts
884 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
40 I would say..

warpdrive wrote: I'm tempted just to try this jacket to see what the fuss is about. Never seen one in person in a store.

I usually take a M or L jacket. So would I be better off ordering the 40 or 42? On some brands with a slim fit, I have to get a L, but mostly medium jackets in a regular fit are fine assuming I'm not layering.

edit: From what you said I assume the 40 would be ok.