• Jan 28th, 2019 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 17, 2006
16 posts
18 upvotes

[Costco] Battlefield V (ps4 and xbox) - 39.97 costco

Saw this at costco yesterday. Lots of copies left. Did not get it but debating...

Is it a good game? Is it a good deal or was there better for ps4 version for BD/BF?
Images
  • upload.jpg
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1388 posts
289 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
$30 at Walmart during boxing week. Wait for $10 or $20. It'll be worth the wait!
Nov 20, 2017
118 posts
77 upvotes
Thanks OP.. I ordered online . Shipping was included free
Oct 6, 2018
150 posts
104 upvotes
Saw same price at Walmart too. I'll wait till it goes down to $20 before pulling the trigger.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2956 posts
1463 upvotes
Burlington
I've been playing the PC version. The game is very fun, moreso if you have friends that you can squad up with.
Oct 25, 2018
512 posts
547 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 2:56 pm
I've been playing the PC version. The game is very fun, moreso if you have friends that you can squad up with.
Ditto, bought at $39 on PC and it's been fun but way better with friends.

Game is no where near as bad as some people make it out to be but it still needs some TLC and balancing, lots of the classic DICE bugs (Every BF game ever) that still need to be ironed out.
Aug 17, 2007
102 posts
44 upvotes
It was $30 on Boxing Week at Walmart as others have pointed out but I'm not sure it's going to drop to that price again before the next release cycle. Bugs have been ironed out and content is coming soon. The rapid price drop reflected the "unfinished" nature of the game but now that it's better I would say $40 might be the price floor for a while.

I have both this and Black Ops 4 and am a veteran of many Battlefield games. I would say it's worth $40 if you enjoyed BF1 and have a few friends to play with.
Feb 26, 2008
517 posts
389 upvotes
Surrey
MikeB84225 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 3:00 pm
Ditto, bought at $39 on PC and it's been fun but way better with friends.

Game is no where near as bad as some people make it out to be but it still needs some TLC and balancing, lots of the classic DICE bugs (Every BF game ever) that still need to be ironed out.
It is a good game. I've been playing the Battlefield franchise since it was first released on PC! I'm on the PS4 platform. Honestly, even though I am a die hard fan of this, this has to be the worst BF release that I've played. It is full of bugs BUT, they did release some patches to help fix it. There are still quite a few glitches to fix. Single player was ok for the most part but there was one chapter where it directed you to the objectives but then redirected you back and you could't finish. Restarted the mission and was successful then. Though some of these glitches are a quite minor. At least now my med crates and ammo boxes don't sink away to oblivion when deployed. lol....if only they will fix the issues with tanks. Two RPG rounds and gonzo...There's also lag mitigation for players with slower connections.

Have to say though, you need to have a great squad if you're going to succeed. Can't win the game if you go rogue. Teamwork is the key in this release.

I still say grab the game. Worth the price.
Last edited by rancid82 on Jan 21st, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2014
81 posts
93 upvotes
Anjou, QC
CyniC- wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:05 am
$30 at Walmart during boxing week. Wait for $10 or $20. It'll be worth the wait!
to paraphrase another rfd'er wait for the 4$ dollarama bin
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11376 posts
6197 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Waiting for this to hit Dollarama!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9744 posts
4415 upvotes
lots at kenaston wpg location.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Apr 30, 2016
400 posts
235 upvotes
GTA
Price match it with Best Buy to get an additional $4 off, which brings it to $35.99.
Apr 8, 2015
154 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
waiting for the premium/Delux edition to be $30....give it a few months