Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco&BBB

Miele CM6150 Freestanding Coffee Machine $1599

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2022 8:43 pm
Jan 12, 2017
768 posts
2374 upvotes

Miele CM6150 Freestanding Coffee Machine $1599

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Costco&BBB
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best coffee makers!
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
HD won’t pm Costco
Apr 28, 2007
356 posts
201 upvotes
Regina
Does this make a "regular" coffee too?

We have a coffee maker, keurig and semi-automatic espresso machine for making the fancy drinks... all taking up space on the counter. The coffee machine brews a pot every day, k-cups when we only need a cup and the espresso machine is rarely used. I'm wondering if this would be a good alternative to the coffee maker and espresso machine.
Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
warrenz wrote: Does this make a "regular" coffee too?

We have a coffee maker, keurig and semi-automatic espresso machine for making the fancy drinks... all taking up space on the counter. The coffee machine brews a pot every day, k-cups when we only need a cup and the espresso machine is rarely used. I'm wondering if this would be a good alternative to the coffee maker and espresso machine.
for making regular coffee (or americano) from an espresso machine, just pull a single or double shot espresso and add hot water. simple as that.
Apr 14, 2002
582 posts
278 upvotes
I had one, ended up returning it, couldn't dial in a good shot no matter what setting I changed, always underextracted. Ok I guess if you do milk based drinks as that hides a bad shot.
Last edited by akira112 on Apr 25th, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Nov 6, 2013
409 posts
279 upvotes
Bought one a few months back and returned within a couple weeks. Coffee tastes bad and not hot enough. Coming from Barista Express, we wanted a machine to save us time and still make great coffee, so sad we sold the Breville too fast.
There is a discount on the Oracle so we got that and waiting for delivery, can't wait to get it!
Dec 8, 2012
50 posts
223 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Out of curiosity, what kind of discount did you get for the Oracle?
Sep 2, 2010
186 posts
386 upvotes
For those looking for coffee, this does have a coffee button. I found the coffee weak with default settings. With prebrew on, max coffee, max temp, it is delicious. I use Costco lavazza beans. I have a 6350, not the 6150 but the units are very similar.

Do not buy the 6150 for Americanos. It pushes the water through the espresso shot. The 6350 has a dedicated hot water spout that makes perfect americanos.

If you're coming from a Keurig, you'll be happy with the coffee. If you're coming from a Nespresso, you'll be happy with the espresso.
Feb 28, 2011
942 posts
2460 upvotes
ottawa
warrenz wrote: Does this make a "regular" coffee too?

I have owned this model for two years now and, like it a lot. As previous posts suggested it doesn’t have any proper americano drink preset notwithstanding americano menu in the system.
Personally, I don’t like americano but, for cases when I need this drink, if one of my guests would like one, I created a separate profile so, I don’t mess with my drinks, and configured cappuccino button for one part espresso and three parts milk. And, when, I need americano, I pour water instead of milk, press cappuccino button and voila - have an americano coffee.
Works well.
Sep 2, 2010
186 posts
386 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: I have owned this model for two years now and, like it a lot. As previous posts suggested it doesn’t have any proper americano drink preset notwithstanding americano menu in the system.
Personally, I don’t like americano but, for cases when I need this drink, if one of my guests would like one, I created a separate profile so, I don’t mess with my drinks, and configured cappuccino button for one part espresso and three parts milk. And, when, I need americano, I pour water instead of milk, press cappuccino button and voila - have an americano coffee.
Works well.
I should have emphasized how much I like my machine too. It gets used multiple times a day. I don't regret buying it at all. I drink espressos or coffee on weekdays, Americano on weekends. Macchiatos are popular in the house and with guests.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)