Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Beef Tenderloin is CHEAPER !!!!!!!!($49.99/kg) (was:$64.99/kg

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 11:57 am
Nov 27, 2017
51 posts
38 upvotes
Go watch them with the needling machines to tenderize the beef. Ask them. I won’t touch it. Let me know if they don’t.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4100 posts
2116 upvotes
Niagara
Thanks OP - I’ve bought this once recently (rarely buy beef like this), sliced it up and got many servings out of it. Couldn’t believe how good it was coming off the BBQ.
Dec 19, 2006
854 posts
853 upvotes
Vancouver
ElvisD735799 wrote: Go watch them with the needling machines to tenderize the beef. Ask them. I won’t touch it. Let me know if they don’t.
Bro, as has been said in this thread and multiple past meat threads about Costco, their cryovac meat is not mechanically tenderized. You can tell by looking at the labels.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1413 posts
1110 upvotes
Montreal
I’d hate to see the carcass where you have to tenderize tenderloin ... eww.
Feb 26, 2007
498 posts
481 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: I understand that there is no "regular price drop" forum, but this is indeed not a hot deal at all....
You could have just ignored it if you didn’t feel it to be a hot deal. Instead, you chose to waste time complaining on the forum.
Feb 26, 2007
498 posts
481 upvotes
life359 wrote: I gave up buying meat at Costco. A local meat shop has better local meat at way cheaper prices. We can buy tenderloin on demand for usually less than $13/lb.

Where???
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4686 posts
1435 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
chooraymond wrote: You could have just ignored it if you didn’t feel it to be a hot deal. Instead, you chose to waste time complaining on the forum.
Unfortunately that's the RFD way.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1044 posts
1034 upvotes
The last package of tenderloin I bought from the grocery store was $10/lb and AAA. After properly trimming there was a lot of waste and I ended up with less portions than anticipated. It was still a good deal but next time I’d weigh the waste to see what my actual cost per kg is. If it’s up there, I’d consider the tenderloin from Costco.
Jan 7, 2010
268 posts
255 upvotes
Burlington
DoorCrasher wrote: where did you heard that Costco sells "mechanically tenderized" tenderloin?
whole roasts or loins — which definitely don't come cheap — are not blade-tenderized.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1117 posts
167 upvotes
Whats a good butcher to get steaks in North Mississauga?
Apr 30, 2017
49 posts
49 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP.
I did notice prices were crazy around Father’s Day... so we went to a local butcher instead.

We paid comparable prices as Costco
In a world where you can be anything...
Be Kind.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1440 posts
3365 upvotes
karlb wrote:
Loblaws sells ungraded (I've never seen a grading for it at my Loblaws, ymmv) for $22/kg ($10/lb) when on sale.
Loblaws sells it for $8.88 or around there (last time in April it was $8.88) for AA. Sometimes they have AAA for $10 but like the whole rib roasts that sale only happens a couple of time a year.

Also if you are using this for Chinese food just buy the whole tenderloin - you won't notice a difference with the off cuts. If you are buying this for nice tenderloin steaks buy the denuded packs to save you time. I usually buy the whole packs and trim it myself and just use the off cuts for Chinese and the main loin I cut up for steaks
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
chooraymond wrote: You could have just ignored it if you didn’t feel it to be a hot deal. Instead, you chose to waste time complaining on the forum.
You could have just ignored it if you didn’t feel it to be a necessary comment. Instead, you chose to waste time quoting and replying.
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
Camtheman4 wrote: whole roasts or loins — which definitely don't come cheap — are not blade-tenderized.
That's what I thought.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1440 posts
3365 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: The last package of tenderloin I bought from the grocery store was $10/lb and AAA. After properly trimming there was a lot of waste and I ended up with less portions than anticipated. It was still a good deal but next time I’d weigh the waste to see what my actual cost per kg is. If it’s up there, I’d consider the tenderloin from Costco.
At $10 a pound your waste would have to be roughly 56% to make the costco @$50/kg a better deal. This, of course, does not take into consideration your time.
Sep 12, 2011
273 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone notice the price of the Strip-loin did it also go down?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4686 posts
1435 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: buy the denuded packs to save you time.
Had to look it up, how dare you make me learn during lockdown
Feb 26, 2007
498 posts
481 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: You could have just ignored it if you didn’t feel it to be a necessary comment. Instead, you chose to waste time quoting and replying.

I’ve got time to waste. So.