• Oct 6th, 2020 3:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1642 posts
248 upvotes
Barrie

[Costco] Bergner 11 piece tri-ply stainless cookware $99.97 - YMMV

YMMV - the set is on clearance at the Barrie Costco for $99.97. I picked up a set yesterday given the price and Costco's return policy, but am not sure if they're any good.

Hopefully someone who has used them can comment on if they're worth it.
Amex Platinum and Gold Membership Rewards, Bonvoy, and Aeroplan help me travel on the cheap!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2280 posts
333 upvotes
Edmonton
Also saw them at Edmonton Airport Costco
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1642 posts
248 upvotes
Barrie
justrajdeep wrote: Picked up a set last week in Oshawa.
Have you tried them yet?
Amex Platinum and Gold Membership Rewards, Bonvoy, and Aeroplan help me travel on the cheap!
Jul 31, 2010
177 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
What is the sku number at costco store?

Edit: Never mind, the item number is 1267196
Dec 6, 2008
672 posts
197 upvotes
tylerc wrote: Have you tried them yet?
Looked at them and feels very light for a 3ply. The Kirkland brand is 5ply and is higher @$249. Hope that goes on sale soon
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1024 posts
183 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Looked at them and feels very light for a 3ply. The Kirkland brand is 5ply and is higher @$249. Hope that goes on sale soon
Excellent quality.
Purchased this Bergner set one month ago after returning Kirkland 5-ply clad cookware set due to pan warping. Disappointed in that. Bergner tri-ply cookware heats up fast and evenly to the top of the pan sides. Solid weight. Not too heavy. Cleans-up easily. My previous cookware was Paderno, which I still own and Kirkland's 5-ply 'base' pot's and pan's (bullet-proof) manufactured in Thailand. Donated them to a family member. As a tradesman in the culinary field I strongly recommend this Bergner cookware.

From one reviewer, the 5 ply warped..
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1642 posts
248 upvotes
Barrie
Has anyone that bought them tried them?
May 17, 2011
429 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a set for my parents at the Downsview Costco yesterday. That location and Orillia are the only ones with stock in the GTA according to the admin person I spoke with.

Interested in hearing any other reviews.
Jun 24, 2013
655 posts
1301 upvotes
Mississauga
compare to this how is T-FAL Techno Release Performa Pro Range? any views? as it is on clearance too
Jun 4, 2011
248 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
hennamomin wrote: compare to this how is T-FAL Techno Release Performa Pro Range? any views? as it is on clearance too
Pretty sure the TFAL is bottom clad not triclad, and the "Techno release" seems like a gimmick. Stick with the Bergner if you can find it.
Mar 23, 2017
521 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
Following with the same intrigue as others. Looking to do a first upgrade from ikea-esque pots and these look like a great start. Any feedback from people with them? Reviews on the site are a little sad, but it may have just been a few sets with issues.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9358 posts
8189 upvotes
Markham
SamG852 wrote: Following with the same intrigue as others. Looking to do a first upgrade from ikea-esque pots and these look like a great start. Any feedback from people with them? Reviews on the site are a little sad, but it may have just been a few sets with issues.
I bought a set for my parents. They’re good, it’s $99 bucks, it’s good for a decade.
Feb 21, 2018
158 posts
131 upvotes
Seems some people are having brown spot issues. Any idea why that happens?
Got that Zoomer plan finally!