Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Bestar Standing Desk $319

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 4:40 pm
Jan 21, 2013
83 posts
21 upvotes
Kingston
BrianJai wrote: Any other table top options other than GERTON from ikea? As others mentioned its good that is solid wood but I’m not digging the colour.... Planning to get the black frame from motiongrey.
Would like to know this too, since Ikea is not open and not offering pickups either, and delivery is way too hefty for just a tabletop.
Jan 21, 2013
83 posts
21 upvotes
Kingston
Mmagic888 wrote: Put a piece of plywood/2x4 underneath where you tighten against. That's what I've seen others do.
Good tip, thank you! Is the top of the tabletop sturdy enough to not require a piece of plywood as well?
Mar 4, 2005
261 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
MaximumDrive wrote: Would like to know this too, since Ikea is not open and not offering pickups either, and delivery is way too hefty for just a tabletop.
Yah, going to re-use my old table top until this whole thing blows over. Then upgrade to a the Kalby counter top, probably
Jun 11, 2015
363 posts
371 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
LawrenceL698367 wrote: what kind of countertop did you get? installed pretty easily into the Bekant legs?
I got a solid wood Ikea countertop and glued it onto the legs, worked fine.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19517 posts
591 upvotes
Shanghai, China
pcdsl wrote: Just got UPS notification that my MotionGrey desk is being delivered tomorrow. That's pretty quick. I'm in Ontario.
Which one did you get? Post your impression when you get it.
Nov 18, 2004
364 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered my prime cable base on thurs last week and received it yesterday (Monday). Had picked up a $40 piece of white melamine from HD before they shut down so we have something for now. assemble was not that hard, though with only 3/4" mdf table top I was afraid the screws might pop through the surface (they didn't). In all it is pretty solid construction, good machine screws to bolt together (allen key). Would recommend a drill/power screwdriver for the 20 screws you need to put in to secure the work surface. We have it extended to 70" right now (full) with a 30x72" top on it. Drawbacks: primecable logo on the leg (only one is exposed) and the controller is made out of some pretty cheap feeling plastic. Overall very happy with the price and the quick delivery and setup. (Taxes in $462 for base and table top).
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by barold on Apr 7th, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 9, 2010
363 posts
108 upvotes
Ottawa
Kouyo wrote: I'm thinking about the same combination as you mentioned (Ikea top + MotionGrey).

But when I compare it to PrimeCable's version, I find it very difficult to decide. Primecable's web page has more product description and more reviews.

This is my short list:
  • Primecable offers 1 year warranty, MotionGrey does not say
  • Primecable has a load capacity of 124 kg whereas MotionGrey can handle 102kg
  • Primecable offers a function for longtime sitting reminder which MotionGrey does not
  • Primecable adjustment speed is slightly faster (38mm/s vs 30mm/s)
  • MotionGrey has 4 memory functions whereas Primecable only offers 3
  • MotionGrey has a promo code for $20 off, so effectively it is cheaper than Primecable's set

As a potential buyer, what else can I consider for MotionGrey for a better comparison?
3 year warranty vs 1. Also I ordered my MotionGrey yesterday morning and delivery due for today (Ottawa). Primecables is 6-10 business days.

Another advantage is the ability to add casters to the MotionGrey one (they sell them for 35$) whereas you couldn't with Primecables one (at least according to the rep I spoke with).
Jun 4, 2007
912 posts
456 upvotes
MaximumDrive wrote: Would like to know this too, since Ikea is not open and not offering pickups either, and delivery is way too hefty for just a tabletop.
Just wanted to point out that GERTON top comes unfinished, you need to sand/finish it yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
I used the following product. It does both stain and finish in one shot. Many different colors to choose from.

Mmagic888 wrote: Just wanted to point out that GERTON top comes unfinished, you need to sand/finish it yourself.
Heatware: 36-0-0
Mar 18, 2008
415 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: Anyone got their desk shipped? I am OP and ordered before posting this threadFace With Tears Of Joy
I ordered the first day the thread was up as well but no order status.

I’m on the phone waiting for an update from Costco, this is my second time calling them as they told me to call back if it was not shipped by yesterday.
Sep 7, 2014
515 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
typhooney wrote: I ordered the first day the thread was up as well but no order status.

I’m on the phone waiting for an update from Costco, this is my second time calling them as they told me to call back if it was not shipped by yesterday.
No status as well here. When I called Costco they just told me to wait......so I wait. :rolleyes:
Mar 18, 2008
415 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
aljudeh wrote: No status as well here. When I called Costco they just told me to wait......so I wait. :rolleyes:
Let’s see what they say. I’m still on hold(34mins) and expect to be for another 30’minutes.

Watch I’m waiting an hour just for them to tell me to wait some more lol
Jul 7, 2016
205 posts
372 upvotes
typhooney wrote: I ordered the first day the thread was up as well but no order status.

Ordered one day after thread and status is also stuck on "Order Received". I assumed like groceries they're behind on fulfilling orders due to volume. I do plan to call this weekend if it does not ship. Let us know if you learn anything.
Mar 18, 2008
415 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Presents wrote: Ordered one day after thread and status is also stuck on "Order Received". I assumed like groceries they're behind on fulfilling orders due to volume. I do plan to call this weekend if it does not ship. Let us know if you learn anything.
The rep said: “ there is a 7-10 business day waiting period prior to the item being shipped. it has been 5 business days since you ordered, so please wait until your waiting window for shipping updates”

So keep waiting pretty much