22 posts
1 upvote
afzan wrote: 27" should be more than fine for you since you're tall
Sorry almost 6 feet :)
Is this standing desk good for 178 cm?
Jun 21, 2009
488 posts
64 upvotes
Sketchydrifter wrote: 3 year warranty vs 1. Also I ordered my MotionGrey yesterday morning and delivery due for today (Ottawa). Primecables is 6-10 business days.

Another advantage is the ability to add casters to the MotionGrey one (they sell them for 35$) whereas you couldn't with Primecables one (at least according to the rep I spoke with).
I ordered my MG set yesterday afternoon. It arrived about an hour ago (ON).

Funny thing is, I haven't find time to place an Ikea order for a table top yet Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jan 15, 2008
232 posts
94 upvotes
Thanks for the update... odd though as I am in Vancouver, where MG is said to be based out of, and I ordered on Sunday and have yet to receive a shipping notification Neutral Face.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
That's very interesting. Mine came in a little over 24 hours and I am in Ontario.
jaleong wrote: Thanks for the update... odd though as I am in Vancouver, where MG is said to be based out of, and I ordered on Sunday and have yet to receive a shipping notification Neutral Face.
Heatware: 36-0-0
Apr 6, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
So time for my update with this thing... I ordered the:

Bestar Upstand 61 cm x 122 cm (24 in. x 48 in.) Height-adjustable Desk with Dual Monitor Arm - $499 down to $399

Bought it before it went on sale on the 27th. on the 31st labels were created and on the 1st, I received the tabletop and the monitor arms but no legs, even though the label for the legs package was created at the same time. Costco marked my order as received.

Got on the phone with both Costco and UPS, they said nothing they can do as it was a supplier thing and to wait my 10 business days. I finally got a hold of Bestar, who at first said they would send me a replacement legs order. that was yesterday. I emailed them today asking for an update and they gave me this:

We apologize for the delay. We are now out of stock on the metal mechanisms. We are expecting to get more at the end of June. We are very sorry!

trying to cause up a storm now as I already have half the order at home, but keep this in mind that they are low on stock...

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1579 posts
659 upvotes
Mississauga
Tempted to get either the PrimeCables or MotionGrey base and get a top separately to save on cost. Is it too much hassle to get a top and install it separately? Ikea has shipping charges, and I'm not sure how well the cheaper tops (LINNMON) would hold up over time. Would it be easier to just get an MG with a top?
Sep 15, 2004
284 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
FatehZ51823 wrote: So time for my update with this thing... I ordered the:

Bestar Upstand 61 cm x 122 cm (24 in. x 48 in.) Height-adjustable Desk with Dual Monitor Arm - $499 down to $399

Bought it before it went on sale on the 27th. on the 31st labels were created and on the 1st, I received the tabletop and the monitor arms but no legs, even though the label for the legs package was created at the same time. Costco marked my order as received.

Got on the phone with both Costco and UPS, they said nothing they can do as it was a supplier thing and to wait my 10 business days. I finally got a hold of Bestar, who at first said they would send me a replacement legs order. that was yesterday. I emailed them today asking for an update and they gave me this:

We apologize for the delay. We are now out of stock on the metal mechanisms. We are expecting to get more at the end of June. We are very sorry!

trying to cause up a storm now as I already have half the order at home, but keep this in mind that they are low on stock...

Good luck!
Wow so people that ordered during the sale might be SOL?
Jun 4, 2007
912 posts
456 upvotes
hackoder wrote: Tempted to get either the PrimeCables or MotionGrey base and get a top separately to save on cost. Is it too much hassle to get a top and install it separately? Ikea has shipping charges, and I'm not sure how well the cheaper tops (LINNMON) would hold up over time. Would it be easier to just get an MG with a top?
Linnmon is made of Honeycomb structure paper filling which I’m not sure how strong of a top it would be.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1088 posts
345 upvotes
FatehZ51823 wrote: So time for my update with this thing... I ordered the:

Good luck!
Wow, that sucks. feeling better about cancelling my Bestar and ordering a Motiongrey.
Aug 1, 2010
904 posts
591 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: Linnmon is made of Honeycomb structure paper filling which I’m not sure how strong of a top it would be.
Yup, def wouldn't get the Linnmon
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1560 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
wmahmud wrote: thoughts on autonomys.ai ?
I've ordered from them last Sunday (March 5th) and just got my desk delivered here in Toronto. I've ordered desk+chair, chair wasn't shipped yet. I haven't opened it yet, so I can't comment much on quality, but from what I gathered, they all look similar, just decided on autonomous because I wanted that Kinn chair, and they have 7year warranty (compared to 1-5 avg on others)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Mar 16, 2018
73 posts
18 upvotes
Pulled the trigger on a MotionGrey dual monitor 3-tier (frame only) with the $20-off code (VANCOUVER or ONTARIO). I saw a post that mentioned $40 off but I couldn't seem to get that, perhaps they updated the coupon codes. I figured with a 3 year warranty + extra 1 with my CC; it works out to less than $100/year. I really contemplated on the L desk for a while but I think I'd almost rather have 2 independent desks and the ship date is May 15 for those.

Will report back with photos and impressions once received and assembled.
Last edited by YEG780 on Apr 7th, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
If I were you I would not trust IKEA LINNMON. It looks like this inside:

hackoder wrote: Tempted to get either the PrimeCables or MotionGrey base and get a top separately to save on cost. Is it too much hassle to get a top and install it separately? Ikea has shipping charges, and I'm not sure how well the cheaper tops (LINNMON) would hold up over time. Would it be easier to just get an MG with a top?
Heatware: 36-0-0