[Costco] Bestar Standing Desk $319

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 4:40 pm
Sep 15, 2004
284 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Bestar update on my Costco order early last week:

Unfortunately the base for these desks is b/o and won’t be available before mid June we just learned. We are very sorry about the inconvenience . You can contact Costco if you want to cancel the order.

What a joke. So they sold these and didn't even have inventory secured?!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
If you are purchasing this for WFH, I would suggest you get it now from someone who does have it in stock. Many of my colleagues saw my set up during our video conference and they are trying to get it for themselves as well. Majority of these tables and frames are made in China. With the current healthy situation I doubt anyone would be able to get new stocks from there anytime soon.
LondonAwaits wrote: Bestar update on my Costco order early last week:

Unfortunately the base for these desks is b/o and won’t be available before mid June we just learned. We are very sorry about the inconvenience . You can contact Costco if you want to cancel the order.

Heatware: 36-0-0
Jul 10, 2019
26 posts
353 upvotes

Did you get an email for this update and what size did you order?
May 9, 2010
363 posts
108 upvotes
Ottawa
neo1973 wrote: That's very interesting. Mine came in a little over 24 hours and I am in Ontario.
Ditto. Mine seems to have been processed by Newegg. That was the sender on the UPS notification.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1064 posts
683 upvotes

Costco does drop shipping for online only items. So it makes sense they had no idea how much inventory Bestar actually had.
Sep 15, 2004
284 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
sarb3414 wrote: Did you get an email for this update and what size did you order?
I emailed Bestar directly as Costco wasn't able to help.

I ordered 30x60
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6344 posts
1447 upvotes
neo1973 wrote: If I were you I would not trust IKEA LINNMON. It looks like this inside:

It's nothing new and they never tried to hide it. Their prices also reflect that. When you look at a single piece of cardboard, it's flimsy. When you put it together like they do, it's a structure. That's engineering.

The house that you live are being held by 2x4s which can be cut with a $100 saw. However with the amount of 2x4 and how they put them together, you likely can't break a house even if a single entity (or a few) is compromised.
Mar 24, 2018
58 posts
80 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: Linnmon is made of Honeycomb structure paper filling which I’m not sure how strong of a top it would be.
I have the 47 inch wide one, and it holds a 34 inch monitor without bowing (with 4 ikea legs). It's fine for a temporary desk for twenty bucks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
I don't understand where this came from? Who said they were trying to hide it?

We are discussing whether it is a good candidate for a standing table top or not.

Since many new holes need to be drilled I am saying not. Please don't overthink it.
cy wrote: It's nothing new and they never tried to hide it. Their prices also reflect that. When you look at a single piece of cardboard, it's flimsy. When you put it together like they do, it's a structure. That's engineering.

The house that you live are being held by 2x4s which can be cut with a $100 saw. However with the amount of 2x4 and how they put them together, you likely can't break a house even if a single entity (or a few) is compromised.
Jun 4, 2007
912 posts
456 upvotes
neo1973 wrote: Since many new holes need to be drilled I am saying not. Please don't overthink it.
Agreed, rather drill into solid wood than cardboard. But to each their own.
Jun 4, 2007
912 posts
456 upvotes
If anyone has received their 3 segment MG desk, can you confirm if the largest segment as at the base (foot) or at the top (desk) part? Ideally I’d want a desk with the largest segment at the base of the desk. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1579 posts
659 upvotes
Mississauga
Appreciate the input on the LINNMON top. Does anyone have alternate suggestions that can be ordered online? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8211 posts
579 upvotes
Mine has the largest segment at the base of the desk. But I don't know how many different versions they are selling as it looks different than what I saw on their website. Photo is on page 12 of this thread.
Mmagic888 wrote: If anyone has received their 3 segment MG desk, can you confirm if the largest segment as at the base (foot) or at the top (desk) part? Ideally I’d want a desk with the largest segment at the base of the desk. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4162 posts
21576 upvotes
Montreal
YEG780 wrote: Pulled the trigger on a MotionGrey dual monitor 3-tier (frame only) with the $20-off code (VANCOUVER or ONTARIO). I saw a post that mentioned $40 off but I couldn't seem to get that, perhaps they updated the coupon codes.
Yeah..coupon rebates seemed to have been updated overnight as I had the frame in my cart last night w/40$ off, now it's $20 off. ..
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1449 posts
19 upvotes
Scarborough
Read through two pages since I last posted, a lot are wondering about the same. No one mentioned about alternative to the GERTON table top, and seems like the Linnmon isn’t great long term idea either.

I looked at autonomous.ai and those tables look quite fancy for a little more $.