Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Bestar Standing Desk $319

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 4:40 pm
Nov 16, 2017
9 posts
8 upvotes
barold wrote: I ordered my prime cable base on thurs last week and received it yesterday (Monday). Had picked up a $40 piece of white melamine from HD before they shut down so we have something for now. assemble was not that hard, though with only 3/4" mdf table top I was afraid the screws might pop through the surface (they didn't). In all it is pretty solid construction, good machine screws to bolt together (allen key). Would recommend a drill/power screwdriver for the 20 screws you need to put in to secure the work surface. We have it extended to 70" right now (full) with a 30x72" top on it. Drawbacks: primecable logo on the leg (only one is exposed) and the controller is made out of some pretty cheap feeling plastic. Overall very happy with the price and the quick delivery and setup. (Taxes in $462 for base and table top).
How does the table top feel? HD website says the edges are not finished.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1217 posts
134 upvotes
Any of you using anti-fatigue mats? Any recommendations?
Mar 14, 2003
661 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
BrianJai wrote: Read through two pages since I last posted, a lot are wondering about the same. No one mentioned about alternative to the GERTON table top, and seems like the Linnmon isn’t great long term idea either.

I looked at autonomous.ai and those tables look quite fancy for a little more $.
They do look nice but there's only a single width option -- 53" wide
Aug 1, 2010
900 posts
589 upvotes
wmahmud wrote: thoughts on autonomys.ai ?
rtings.com has their chair ranked horribly. Can only imagine the rest of their stuff is of similar quality.
Aug 1, 2010
900 posts
589 upvotes
enigma54 wrote: Any of you using anti-fatigue mats? Any recommendations?
The Primecables mat is solid
Mar 4, 2005
261 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
jaleong wrote: Thanks for the update... odd though as I am in Vancouver, where MG is said to be based out of, and I ordered on Sunday and have yet to receive a shipping notification Neutral Face.
Yah, I'm in Vancouver as well and placed an order yesterday afternoon. I got a shipping notification this morning, but it say it won't be here until the 14th Angry Face. It seems like it is being shipped from Concord, ON. This is really disappointing considering it is a Vancouver-based company
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6342 posts
1432 upvotes
neo1973 wrote: I don't understand where this came from? Who said they were trying to hide it?

We are discussing whether it is a good candidate for a standing table top or not.

Since many new holes need to be drilled I am saying not. Please don't overthink it.
Mmagic888 wrote: Agreed, rather drill into solid wood than cardboard. But to each their own.
Ideally, wood is better. It comes with a price as well which some people prefer not having to pay.

I've had Linnmon table tops before (70"+ and 60"), nope, not the best quality, but it lasted 10+ years before giving it away. It'll get the job done.
Jan 15, 2008
232 posts
94 upvotes
MizuRyuu wrote: Yah, I'm in Vancouver as well and placed an order yesterday afternoon. I got a shipping notification this morning, but it say it won't be here until the 14th Angry Face. It seems like it is being shipped from Concord, ON. This is really disappointing considering it is a Vancouver-based company
Damn... sucks for me. Which colour did you order?
Sep 15, 2004
284 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Went ahead and cancelled my costco.ca order on the Bestar desk and ordered an Autonomous SmartDesk 2 Premium instead. The 53"x29" top actually works better for my space and having it at the right sitting height for me will work out better. Website says it'll ship April 10th so possibly have it by next week?

Mar 4, 2005
261 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
jaleong wrote: Damn... sucks for me. Which colour did you order?
I got the black frame, cause the customer service person mentioned that the grey one is OOS when I contacted them about something else

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)