Jan 20, 2019
183 posts
328 upvotes
Ajax, ON

[Costco] Bissell PowerSteamer Deluxe Steam Mop $109.99

Well reviewed and Well priced.

From Page:
Features:
Sanitizes your hard floors to eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals, when used as directed
On-board Spotboost brush to remove tough, sticky messes
Easily-fill water tank with included measuring cup
High or low steam settings, based on your cleaning needs
Cleans hard-to-reach messes in corners and crevices effortlessly for a complete clean
Features a 7.6 m (25 ft.) power cord for easier use

Includes:
1 Soft Pad
1 Scrubby Pad
2 Odour Discs
1 integrated spotboost brush
1 Measuring cup for easy refilling

Specifications:
Dimensions (L × W × H/D): 33 cm x 24 cm x 116.8 cm (13 in. x 9.5 in. x 46 in.)
Weight: 2.81 kg (6.2 lb.)

Warranty:
2 Year Limited Warranty
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5992 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this available in warehouse? Can this be used on ceramic tile?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1119 posts
205 upvotes
YYZ
149.99 plus tax on bissell canada plus 20% discount for BD
Nov 4, 2004
87 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
There's a Shark steam mop that competes with this, I believe. Anyone know how this compares with that?
[OP]
Jan 20, 2019
183 posts
328 upvotes
Ajax, ON
jtcb wrote: Is this available in warehouse? Can this be used on ceramic tile?
"PowerSteamer Deluxe Steam Mop is safe to use on sealed hard floors including hardwood, linoleum, ceramic, tile, marble, and granite."

Not sure if available in Warehouse.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1129 upvotes
Surrey
Anyone know if there’s something good for hardwood and carpet?
[OP]
Jan 20, 2019
183 posts
328 upvotes
Ajax, ON
bas00m wrote: 149.99 plus tax on bissell canada plus 20% discount for BD
Still costlier than Costco and won't beat Costco's return policy?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4177 posts
2065 upvotes
pdienstm wrote: There's a Shark steam mop that competes with this, I believe. Anyone know how this compares with that?
The shark pocket is in store (was online) - I believe it's 99 or 109 in the warehouse? This is the model:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KU4BSGK

Wirecutter has that as the "upgrade pick" since it's easier to change pads (hands-free).
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1580 posts
287 upvotes
Is it possible to use our own clothes/microfibre towels? The problem with the Shark mop is that has an odd-shaped head that forces you to buy their mop replacments
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2200 posts
1503 upvotes
I use it on my ceramic tile. I think very good for more frequent light duty clean ups for quick scrub. Not as clean as the hoover floormate but a lot easier to setup. You can also pick up extra pads and just toss them in washer with oxiclean.

Will recommend.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5992 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
slimysnot wrote: I use it on my ceramic tile. I think very good for more frequent light duty clean ups for quick scrub. Not as clean as the hoover floormate but a lot easier to setup. You can also pick up extra pads and just toss them in washer with oxiclean.

Will recommend.
Thanks. Will get it ten..

Any email signup coupon out there? Like 20 off 100?
Nov 23, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
I've used similar ones on tile and it works great!
Nov 23, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
hvc wrote: The shark pocket is in store (was online) - I believe it's 99 or 109 in the warehouse? This is the model:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KU4BSGK

Wirecutter has that as the "upgrade pick" since it's easier to change pads (hands-free).
Not sure because I've never tried, but I imagine the steam coming out the front isn't as effective as steam coming out the bottom through the cloth (which I think the one linked by OP does). I've only used ones with steam coming out the bottom which heats the floor and the cloth.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4177 posts
2065 upvotes
AmyG81210 wrote: Not sure because I've never tried, but I imagine the steam coming out the front isn't as effective as steam coming out the bottom through the cloth (which I think the one linked by OP does). I've only used ones with steam coming out the bottom which heats the floor and the cloth.
The shark comes through the pad like normal, lots of steam and 3 settings. The "blaster" you're talking about is high powdered steam for tough spots, and only works when you hold the mop head backward and press down to activate it.
Nov 19, 2016
488 posts
274 upvotes
Hi RFD, sharing my $0.02

I've been using the older version for a year and I will say it does take effort to steam mop. It becomes a bit of a chore and you have to go slow to allow the steam to disinfect. Definitely not an everyday cleaning tool due to the effort involved.

Then the mop pad is dripping wet at the end, you can an dry it outside then wash it. I will say that the pads discolour easily and you need to soak it overnight in the washer with baking soda or oxy clean to try and lighten the stains.

Does it work? Yes, quite well.
Is it effort? Yes, a bit heavy and slow of a clean.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5992 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
OK I see another thread on Shark is having a sale on their website. Wonder which one is better or about the same?
Nov 23, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes
hvc wrote: The shark comes through the pad like normal, lots of steam and 3 settings. The "blaster" you're talking about is high powdered steam for tough spots, and only works when you hold the mop head backward and press down to activate it.
Oh awesome! Hard to tell from the pictures
Mar 18, 2008
568 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
pdienstm wrote: There's a Shark steam mop that competes with this, I believe. Anyone know how this compares with that?
I haven’t used this but bought 4 shark genius steam mops for friends and family, including a 5th one for myself.

We all love it:

1. Easy to use
2. Heats up fast
3. Touchless pad release and attach(released right into the washer)
4. There is a steam blasting function that is great for tough stains in the kitchen