Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Blundstones $159.99 and up

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2019 11:34 pm
Tags:
Jul 20, 2018
161 posts
104 upvotes
Nice deal. Wish they were the steeltoe though could use a pair for work. I love my blunnies though. Highly recommend.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2298 posts
882 upvotes
Sudbury
Can someone explain the number/model difference?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1054 posts
495 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I want a pair of this boots but I read in another thread that the quality is not the same anymore?

Anyone?
Feb 11, 2017
151 posts
95 upvotes
Overrated. Too slippery compared to my Merrells with a Vibram arctic grip sole. Not a good boot for an Ottawa winter or even late fall
Sep 17, 2018
115 posts
64 upvotes
I use the steel toe version at work. Bought a half size small and allowed the leather to stretch. Hurt for the first 2-3 months but now fit like leather socks. Super comfortable, water proof, lightweight, safety boots. Some guys will give you comments on em but they just don't know.
TURNIPtheBEET wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 9:37 pm
Nice deal. Wish they were the steeltoe though could use a pair for work. I love my blunnies though. Highly recommend.
Dec 26, 2012
446 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Best boots ever.

Everyone needs at least one pair.
Dec 24, 2004
498 posts
48 upvotes
Windsor
Great boots. Love mine. Wish I had only paid this much for them.

Edit: Mine are steel toe variant for work.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2050 posts
584 upvotes
Ottawa
tvisforme wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks for posting this. FYI Costco is not a licenced dealer for these boots, so the regular Blundstone warranty does not apply:

"Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer's warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer's warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product."
chinesedevil wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 8:31 pm
Even better IMO, no need to fight for warranty.
But what does that mean? 1 year later you can get a refund? 2 years later?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8877 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
eugene188 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 12:07 am
But what does that mean? 1 year later you can get a refund? 2 years later?
Yup.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2460 posts
405 upvotes
Burlington
There's a semi-regular factory 2nds sale (US only...that I've seen). Picked up a pair of 500's for $72US, and 585's for $63US couple months back. Keep your eye on Sierra Trading Post if you have an amerifriend. BTW, couldn't figure out why they were classified as 2nd's...look and fit great.
@Ah1800, you must have better luck than me with Merrells. Used to be all I would ever buy, but my last 2 pairs fell apart (literally tore at the seams) after a year...and I do mean my LAST 2 pairs of Merrells.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jul 14, 2008
134 posts
236 upvotes
was looking at blundstone until i found that these boots are not made in australia any longer and the quality control is not the same. I got the romeo boots made by Canada West (Made in Winnipeg Canada, family owned business). Great quality and was able to find them at $169/ pair (at least in YVR).
https://www.canadawestboots.com/home
Website is not the greatest, and the images shown on the website doesn't reflect the quality of these boots..

Through online search, Canada West boots are rated same or better than Blundstone.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2732 posts
696 upvotes
Vancouver
hassy wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 12:53 am
was looking at blundstone until i found that these boots are not made in australia any longer and the quality control is not the same. I got the romeo boots made by Canada West (Made in Winnipeg Canada, family owned business). Great quality and was able to find them at $169/ pair (at least in YVR).
https://www.canadawestboots.com/home
Website is not the greatest, and the images shown on the website doesn't reflect the quality of these boots..

Through online search, Canada West boots are rated same or better than Blundstone.
Can I ask where in YVR?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4219 posts
938 upvotes
Kitchener
Aaaah. My size is sold out for the $160 ones.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2585 posts
1425 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
HamMane wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 11:12 pm
I use the steel toe version at work. Bought a half size small and allowed the leather to stretch. Hurt for the first 2-3 months but now fit like leather socks. Super comfortable, water proof, lightweight, safety boots. Some guys will give you comments on em but they just don't know.
Some guys will give you comments? LOL. You must work with a bunch of cro-magnon.

These are the ONLY work boots that I can wear all day comfortably. Any other work boot I'd be dying to get my feet out of, but I would gladly put my Blundstones back on and go out for the evening (well, if they weren't covered in goo).

Too bad Costco isn't carrying the green patches. :(