• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2019 11:34 pm
Tags:
Mar 30, 2008
507 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
I think the warranty is only 1 year.
They take a beating, so, can't really blame them for normal wear and tear.
Jul 14, 2014
167 posts
36 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Redbacks are better

Better build quality

Made in Australia unlike blundstones
Feb 13, 2014
191 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
danielim wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 3:20 am
Can someone suggest good alternative to these?
RM Williams. They are much more expensive, but they will last a lifetime if cared for. They are handmade from a single piece of leather and fit like a glove. (they will even make them to fit your specific foot.) The boots are a bit tighter than Blundstones and they are heavier, but they feel much better built and have much better foot support. Blundstones are good, but they are throw away boots.

I have three pairs of the RM Williams Gardener model -- two brown and one black. I accidentally left a pair of brown ones in Japan a few years back and bought a new pair when I realised I'd left them behind, i bought a pair figuring I'd never see them again. Then a friend went to the same hotel and was able to pick them up for me and bring them home. So now I have two pairs of brown. :)

Best boots ever! We're a bit screwed on price in Canada because there are very few retailers, but they are worth the investment.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7497 posts
3654 upvotes
ON
abkdt41 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 6:02 pm
Redbacks are better

Better build quality

Made in Australia unlike blundstones
Where they're made means nothing if quality control is up to par.
You can't tell me someone in Vietnam isn't able to stitch or work with leather as well as someone in Australia once they are trained and using the same equipment and materials.
Sep 15, 2015
247 posts
161 upvotes
Mooooonnn
tvisforme wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks for posting this. FYI Costco is not a licenced dealer for these boots, so the regular Blundstone warranty does not apply:

"Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer's warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer's warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product."
Why do you need manufacture’s warranty when you have Costco’s generous refund policy.
One punch, ouch man
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2236 posts
1142 upvotes
Toronto
Once I went square toe, I could never go back! Too bad they don't have that one
Jan 20, 2019
142 posts
128 upvotes
Canuck485 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 4:01 pm
I love my blundstones but will never pay full price for them again.

A really inexpensive alternative is the Markham Chelsea boot from marks work warehouse. 109.99 I think. If you search chelsea boots on amazon, there are many cheaper alternatives.
Just picked up that alternative at $60 on sale and I'm satisfied. Thanks!
May 12, 2006
224 posts
113 upvotes
ON
alljay wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 6:03 pm

RM Williams. They are much more expensive, but they will last a lifetime if cared for. They are handmade from a single piece of leather and fit like a glove. (they will even make them to fit your specific foot.) The boots are a bit tighter than Blundstones and they are heavier, but they feel much better built and have much better foot support. Blundstones are good, but they are throw away boots.

I have three pairs of the RM Williams Gardener model -- two brown and one black. I accidentally left a pair of brown ones in Japan a few years back and bought a new pair when I realised I'd left them behind, i bought a pair figuring I'd never see them again. Then a friend went to the same hotel and was able to pick them up for me and bring them home. So now I have two pairs of brown. :)

Best boots ever! We're a bit screwed on price in Canada because there are very few retailers, but they are worth the investment.
Uh... Those are not alternatives. Aren't those boots ~699.99+?

Anyone have an alternative to the new KIA Rondo?
Yeah sure dude, check out the new Ferraris...
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1332 posts
208 upvotes
Dandada wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 9:51 am
I like Canada West Boots
I have a pair of the Romeos and 2 pairs of Moorby's and love them.
Made in Canada and amazing quality and comfort.

https://www.canadawestboots.com/romeo
These Romeos are similar design to Blundstones. Where to buy them for those who are not in Winnipeg?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1034 posts
1031 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lexi wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:39 am
These Romeos are similar design to Blundstones. Where to buy them for those who are not in Winnipeg?
There's a link at the top of their site labelled RETAILERS.
Jun 28, 2010
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I own Blundstones, Redwings, Yuketen boots, etc... I'd say they all serve a different purpose. Blundstones are great all-around beaters, limited seams means awesome weatherproofing out of the box, and can be worn in rugged and casual settings.
Mar 1, 2018
37 posts
9 upvotes
My 8 year old blundstone 500s had some cracks in the soles. They sent me a new pair for free....nuff said!
Feb 24, 2017
63 posts
20 upvotes
rustyone wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:23 am
My 8 year old blundstone 500s had some cracks in the soles. They sent me a new pair for free....nuff said!
how did you contact them? I contacted blundstone and told me normal wear and tear is not covered.