• Jul 5th, 2019 11:34 pm
Tags:
Feb 13, 2014
191 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuck485 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 9:19 am
Uh... Those are not alternatives. Aren't those boots ~699.99+?

Anyone have an alternative to the new KIA Rondo?
Yeah sure dude, check out the new Ferraris...
Judging by your reaction to my post, RM Williams might be too expensive for you to justify purchasing, but there are lots of people who would cross shop them. I've owned both as have many RM Williams wearers. I love that style of boot. I didn't care for the light weight of the Blunnies nor did I like the fact that the elastic stretched out of shape on 2 different pairs over the course of 3 years. I discovered RM Williams. They are similar in appearance, have the same general style and they serve the same purpose. While they cost more in the short term, are built to last a lifetime rather than the few years one typically will get out of the Blundstones.

While they might not be alternatives in your circumstances, they are definitely alternatives to Blundstones.
Dec 26, 2012
57 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND
My order came today. It looks like shit. For a $175 pair of shoes, I would expect better quality. To compare, I bought the same shoe just a couple days earlier (chisel toe vs 585). The ones from Costco looks fake. The rubber on the bottom looked like it was chipped multiple areas where it says “blundstones”. The insole lettering is larger than usual, and different writing. The overall rubber sole looks very cheap. I am not comparing the shoe to what it used to be (before vietnam made). I am comparing it to the same Vietnam made blundstones from a reputable seller (softmoc). It did not come with extra insole. It was just the boots and brown wrapping paper. Previously bought boots at softmoc came with extra insole, a little piece of paper from blundstones about the boots, care, etc. Needless to say, I returned them right away. Keeping the softmoc ones I got similarly priced because of a 15% coupon.
Feb 8, 2017
131 posts
36 upvotes
Meeeks85 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 2:10 am
My order came today. It looks like shit. For a $175 pair of shoes, I would expect better quality. To compare, I bought the same shoe just a couple days earlier (chisel toe vs 585). The ones from Costco looks fake. The rubber on the bottom looked like it was chipped multiple areas where it says “blundstones”. The insole lettering is larger than usual, and different writing. The overall rubber sole looks very cheap. I am not comparing the shoe to what it used to be (before vietnam made). I am comparing it to the same Vietnam made blundstones from a reputable seller (softmoc). It did not come with extra insole. It was just the boots and brown wrapping paper. Previously bought boots at softmoc came with extra insole, a little piece of paper from blundstones about the boots, care, etc. Needless to say, I returned them right away. Keeping the softmoc ones I got similarly priced because of a 15% coupon.
Mine were great! No issues. Came with extra insoles and the paper about proper care. They look just like my pair from 10 years ago.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1034 posts
1019 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Meeeks85 wrote:
Sounds like you got a pair of returned shoes.
Oct 7, 2004
999 posts
116 upvotes
I got these as well and noticed the same issues about quality. Looks like there's some "chips" in the blundstone print. I got 2 pairs as well and neither of them came with paper or extra in soles. I've never had a pair so can't compare. Can someone post their pics of what it should look like of the sole and where it says blundstone?
Feb 21, 2008
113 posts
11 upvotes
-
They’re now also in store. Saw them at Costco Laird (GTA) men’s size 7-11.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1146 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Meeeks85 wrote:
These are probably Seconds or B-Grades....likely how they ended up at Costco. Costco not being an authorized distributor for these clearly means they didn’t come straight from Blundstone themselves.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1329 posts
208 upvotes
icemasta wrote:
Jun 30th, 2019 11:33 am
Sucks that they moved most or all of their boot production out of Canada.
Totally, yet Canadian theme is present in all of their marketing content, similar to AUS theme with Blundstones...