• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 4:45 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2004
925 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Body Glove - OASIS Stand-up Yoga paddleboard -$559.99

In STOCK!!! HOWEVER, there are 599 in stock and I know that everything else is sold-out and the prices are jacked up.k

It's a 10 ft ; dropstitch paddleboard from Costco. I know the demand is huge for outdoor gear and these are sold-out at many places.

Go crazy. It's list price... but it's still a pandemic summer. I'm sure it will be gone in a day or two.

(for myself, I went with the Intex 2 person inflatable Kayak from Amazon for $180 and couldn't be happier; but the paddleboards do pack up easier and should be more duarable).

*** there is another thread on the Costco Performer 11 paddleboard (also bodyglove) for $499. But that seems to be out of stock at this time.

May 28 @ 1204 am - 333 left. Good debate in the thread; apparently there were intermittent reports of the other Performer 11 being in stock but it seems to be gone again now (maye cancellations from other buyers?).
Last edited by kleung21 on May 28th, 2021 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
29 replies
Nov 9, 2014
322 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
My wife likes to take the dog out with her on a SUP. This one looks like it has a good wide surface for a Lab.
Dec 24, 2012
583 posts
820 upvotes
Terrebonne
How's the resell value for these things?
Last edited by KarlDag on May 27th, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
151 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP!
I wanted to buy the cheaper one yesterday but was not fast enough. I will try this one and see how it goes!
Mar 17, 2016
204 posts
163 upvotes
KarlDag wrote: How the resell value for these things?
Scalper on ebay has sold 10 at $750 so probably quite good.
Jul 28, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
Any advantage of buying this particular one over the other models or brands available on Amazon? There's a few around the $400 mark on Amazon that I'm looking at (some with no tax as well).

Would like to hear anyone's experience if they purchased one!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1150 posts
4542 upvotes
Van Isle
The Costco photos alone of this product have got me frazzled
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1942 posts
584 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
gonna wait for the last Christmas deal,
<No Anti-Liberal political content in signatures>
Sep 26, 2013
314 posts
630 upvotes
i wonder what is the difference between this one and the Body Glove Performer 11 Inflatable 3.35 m (11 ft.) Stand-up Paddle Board which was in stock yesterday.
Mar 11, 2012
50 posts
48 upvotes
Probably wider for stability. Great for dogs or carrying back packs etc. Grabbed the other one yesterday.. hope my dog and I fit.
Nov 25, 2020
32 posts
19 upvotes
markie87 wrote: Any advantage of buying this particular one over the other models or brands available on Amazon? There's a few around the $400 mark on Amazon that I'm looking at (some with no tax as well).

I have no idea about the 400$ amazon ones you mentioned, but I bought the Costco Body Glove 11' (not this Yoga version) and am quite happy. Yoga version should be more stable though a little bit slower (which probably doesn't matter for most people buying these things).

I have rented some of the top brands before (Red Paddle Co, NRS) that retail for 1400$+. The Costco isn't as good but still pretty decent, I'd say you get 70% of the performance at 30% of the price. For a day at the lake with the family is more than enough.

Honestly, for less than 1000$, the only ones I'd buy are the Body Glove Costco ones, if anything because of the Costco return policy. The ones I've seen some cheaper ones at Canadian Tire, sport chek, etc... and they don't inspire much confidence, they might be good but seems too much of a risk spending several hundred dollars without a decent return policy or warranty.

Note the Body Glove MSRP is 999$ at their website, so Costco price is significantly lower.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1101 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto, ON
azraelluz wrote: i wonder what is the difference between this one and the Body Glove Performer 11 Inflatable 3.35 m (11 ft.) Stand-up Paddle Board which was in stock yesterday.
Bit, shorter, wider, lighter and no handle in the centre - so harder to lug around if you have to carry it a distance, but a handle would be in the way for yoga.
Nov 9, 2014
322 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The Body Glove Performer is back in stock online if you're still looking.
Feb 12, 2011
254 posts
426 upvotes
Ottawa
I think the top surface material on Oasis vs Performer is softer, doesn't tear your knees up as bad.
Aug 18, 2016
269 posts
339 upvotes
toastbusters wrote: Scalper on ebay has sold 10 at $750 so probably quite good.
They cost 559 plus tax, so around $640, $110 profit for this seems like a waste of time, especially if one person does a charge back through PayPal...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4910 posts
2068 upvotes
Winnipeg
redmondflagger wrote: The Body Glove Performer is back in stock online if you're still looking.
It was not in stock this morning when I checked. Thanks for the heads up!!
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1101 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto, ON
toastbusters wrote: Scalper on ebay has sold 10 at $750 so probably quite good.
Susanclark wrote: They cost 559 plus tax, so around $640, $110 profit for this seems like a waste of time, especially if one person does a charge back through PayPal...
Ebay takes 10% and paypal another roughly 4%, so guessing the seller might be selling a cheaper board.
Dec 30, 2018
20 posts
27 upvotes
redmondflagger wrote: The Body Glove Performer is back in stock online if you're still looking.
And the performer is OOS, Thanks, cancelled the yoga version and was able to order the performer earlier today.
RFD Staff
Dec 16, 2012
88 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markie87 wrote: Any advantage of buying this particular one over the other models or brands available on Amazon? There's a few around the $400 mark on Amazon that I'm looking at (some with no tax as well).

I picked up the Body Glove Performer 11 and took it out for my first ever SUP outing this past Sat. Loved it enough to go out again Sun and Mon. A ton of my friends have picked up different boards last year and this year and I was lucky enough to try a couple of them this weekend. IMO, the $500 Performer 11 is unbeatable for price to value.

Pros:
- wide and stable, great for beginners
- built in GoPro mount on this year's model
- full kit of bag/pump/paddle (heads up that a bunch of other budget boards like the Decathlon ones don't come with pumps/paddles)
- great amount of D rings for a budget board
- really can't beat the price

Cons:
- wider so a bit slower than more streamline ones
- a few pounds heavier than other boards
- not as many D rings as the fancier boards (more than enough for day excursions, but if you want to go camping or convert to a kayak, will probably need to add on a few more rings)
- leash isn't as good as some others I got to try (chafes a lil if not put on exactly right), and pump doesn't deflate
- non-detachable fins (great for beginners/casuals, not so much for ppl who go often)

Out of all the cons, the biggest for me is the non-detachable fins. It's great for stability and not having to worry about losing them (both in and out of water), but it makes packing up a huge pain cause you gotta roll around them which ends in a more unwieldy bundle. Just taking a quick look at the Oasis Yoga, it seems to be more streamlined and a foot shorter so weighs a couple pounds less and has a lower weight limit. Also doesn't look like it has the mid-board handle and D rings, which makes sense for SUP yoga/lounging but definitely would make it harder to carry. Still seems like a great board, though, especially at $560. If you're looking for something more advanced, the Nautical from iRocker is commonly regarded as the best bang for your buck on the next tier up ($800-ish). Definitely felt a difference in handling and weight, but at near double the price, I'm happy with my Body Glove. For now, anyway, heh.