[Costco] Body Glove Porter Inflatable Kayak 2.9 m (9.5 ft.) $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2021 3:29 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
54 posts
29 upvotes

[Costco] Body Glove Porter Inflatable Kayak 2.9 m (9.5 ft.) $599.99

Hi there, thought I'd post this deal for those that can or wish to get out on the water.

Costco has this on sale, well up for sale. It's $100 more than it was in December but these items are hard to find. Take for example the argo pelican kayak that was on costco's website yesterday. They sold out in 3 hours Here's link to pelican argo that sold out quick

Anyway here's the previous thread link to sale in December

Ship date is end of April

link to kayak

Reviews are pretty good. Plus it can be carried as it comes in a backpack
Last edited by Da13id on Apr 22nd, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14620 posts
8746 upvotes
Southern Ontario
BG seems like a sit down paddle board.

Alternatively for a conventional kayak, put the one you want on 3camel or honey extension and buy when it notifies you a drop/fulfilled by Amazon (3rd party at the moment):
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=intex+kayak&s ... -doa-p_1_6

The yellow one was posted $119 in November.
Nov 6, 2011
26 posts
110 upvotes
QU
I had one of these for 2 years. It broke and it is impossible to repair. Pretty bad construction to be honest.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4880 posts
1532 upvotes
Kitchener
snoopd4441 wrote: I had one of these for 2 years. It broke and it is impossible to repair. Pretty bad construction to be honest.
How did it break?
This space is intentionally left blank.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
54 posts
29 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: BG seems like a sit down paddle board.

Alternatively for a conventional kayak, put the one you want on 3camel or honey extension and buy when it notifies you a drop/fulfilled by Amazon (3rd party at the moment):
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=intex+kayak&s ... -doa-p_1_6

The yellow one was posted $119 in November.
From the pictures it does look like a sit down paddle board. Seen some pictures from the BG website looks like you have a foam pad and a backrest

The stowable nature plus it takes up not a lot of space and it's price got me. I've never been out on a kayak/small non motorized boat. Figured it would be good to fish from too!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14620 posts
8746 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Da13id wrote: From the pictures it does look like a sit down paddle board. Seen some pictures from the BG website looks like you have a foam pad and a backrest

The stowable nature plus it takes up not a lot of space and it's price got me. I've never been out on a kayak/small non motorized boat. Figured it would be good to fish from too!
Something else to keep in mind, you’re more liable to get wet from the upper waist down on this one, swimwear is more common, which may affect your willingness to go out when it’s cooler.

With a conventional kayak, you can get away with just having your feet/ankles wet on launch and return, many times I’ve worn warm tops and cargo pants rolled up on cool days. The wrapping sides of a kayak also give a bit more security in rougher water.

The BG is a great summer vessel like a SUP we used to have, just less multi-seasonal.
Last edited by AncasterRFD on Apr 22nd, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 17, 2021
7 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
snoopd4441 wrote: I had one of these for 2 years. It broke and it is impossible to repair. Pretty bad construction to be honest.
Costco will take it back if that's where you got it from
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4880 posts
1532 upvotes
Kitchener
These isup/ikayak go up to 15 psi, much higher than the similarly priced ikayaks on Amazon and I suspect it'd help it go faster. It's odd that they're listing last year's version and now the 2021 version though.
AncasterRFD wrote: Something else to keep in mind, you’re more liable to get wet from the upper waist down on this one, swimwear is more common, which may affect your willingness to go out when it’s cooler.
Wetsuit can help with that for the late spring / early fall.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14620 posts
8746 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Thundercloud wrote: Wetsuit can help with that for the late spring / early fall.
True I was going to add that. But just something extra I’d need to buy and perhaps more than one when I can just wear whatever I want during the camping trip over several outings. For us, a family of kayaks and nobody complains.
Aug 30, 2009
126 posts
79 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
So people who bought/own this -- how do you fold it?

The manual which came with it says start from the bow (and as far as I understood fold the stern so that the fixed fins face out). It's not how it came packed tho and the one video on YouTube I found which shows it being stowed away shows it being folded same way it came from the factory, essentially with two halves folded into halves with foot pegs and fins folded in.

I've spent a bit trying to find a good video on how to fold this kayak (and not their standrard SUPs which don't have foot pegs) and was unable to find any. Oh, I've also called Body Glove customer support and left a message last week and yet to hear back. Great service so far.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2684 posts
1712 upvotes
montreal
anyone knows what the 4 screws and center piece is for ?