Body Glove Porter Inflatable Kayak $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 9:52 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes

[Costco] Body Glove Porter Inflatable Kayak $599.99

I’m recently searching for kayaks and found these.

I checked reviews in Costco.ca and found out it is listed at $999 in its official website(Not sure if the price is in CDN or USD).

I also found some YouTube videos where customers demonstrated their experience and tests with this Paddleboard.

It’s currently on backorder and said will be ship out between July 20-24.

In Bodyglove.com:
https://www.bodyglove.com/products/ikay ... ddle-board

In-depth review on Youtube:
Images
  • 7B913C22-1EE8-4072-9FFC-E3DB39C0DD7A.jpeg
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 15th, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
79 replies
Nov 4, 2003
684 posts
83 upvotes
I bought the Body Glove Performer 11" this year for $499 and it also shows $999 on the other sites. Totally worth $499 BTW, if it's anything like it - good build quality and hard to compete with the warranty (2 years).
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
FredSavage wrote: I bought the Body Glove Performer 11" this year for $499 and it also shows $999 on the other sites. Totally worth $499 BTW, if it's anything like it - good build quality and hard to compete with the warranty (2 years).
I saw it at $529 at Costco.ca. Unfortunately OOS though.

I like them being compact and easy to carry around, and using sturdy materials compares to other Inflatable options in the market.
Mar 16, 2006
309 posts
279 upvotes
IMHO you would be better just buying an inflatable paddleboard and adding a seat. You can use those padded foam Black arena seats. The difference in performance using a paddleboard as a kayak is minimal whereas the difference in using that thing as a paddleboard is greater.

I have not used that Body Glove kayak but do have a Body Glove board. I think this “kayak” is one compromise too many.
1. Limited choice of foot positions.
2. Doesn’t look like those footings are removable so your options to lie down or have someone else with you are limited.
3. Paddle provided is really more of a paddleboard paddle design with an adapter. Get a nice real kayak paddle instead.

All that said, the reality is there are few in-stock options this summer due to Covid so at least it gets you on the water.
Jan 1, 2008
328 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
how to paddle board like a pro:
Screenshot_20200715-212117~2.png
Apr 27, 2012
959 posts
799 upvotes
Ottawa
FredSavage wrote: I bought the Body Glove Performer 11" this year for $499 and it also shows $999 on the other sites. Totally worth $499 BTW, if it's anything like it - good build quality and hard to compete with the warranty (2 years).
How do you like the board? I purchased it however it's back ordered. Does it track straight? Feel too wide?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6427 posts
5832 upvotes
Interesting that it's called a kayak...even the sale price of $600 is a lot of money IMO You can buy a sea kayak (used) for roughly the same price or a sit-on/recreational for half that price.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2552 posts
2649 upvotes
You bought an 11-inch board?
What is this? A board for ants?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1046 posts
384 upvotes
Thanks OP! Picked up 2! :)

Can't wait to get on the water!
Aug 23, 2010
974 posts
476 upvotes
Hmmm... We have been looking for an inflatable paddle board but their aren't many options in stock anywhere. Wonder if this might be a good alternative.
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Interesting that it's called a kayak...even the sale price of $600 is a lot of money IMO You can buy a sea kayak (used) for roughly the same price or a sit-on/recreational for half that price.
You can buy a new/used regular kayak with similar price range for sure. But it’s really hard nowadays to find a good new kayak in store or a decent used kayak not overpriced.

The real kayaks and inflatable kayaks are two different products feature different experience.

P.S. I only found one used sea kayak in marketplace. I am not an expert to judge the quality of it, but certainly not within my price range lol...
Images
  • 48BDA9FE-0D7F-499B-8499-1FDC7FCF7295.png
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
Rustycage wrote: Hmmm... We have been looking for an inflatable paddle board but their aren't many options in stock anywhere. Wonder if this might be a good alternative.
I found there are some options in the Facebook marketplace if you don’t mind buying used. That way you don’t have to pay tax too.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1046 posts
384 upvotes
amac wrote: IMHO you would be better just buying an inflatable paddleboard and adding a seat. You can use those padded foam Black arena seats. The difference in performance using a paddleboard as a kayak is minimal whereas the difference in using that thing as a paddleboard is greater.

I have not used that Body Glove kayak but do have a Body Glove board. I think this “kayak” is one compromise too many.
1. Limited choice of foot positions.
2. Doesn’t look like those footings are removable so your options to lie down or have someone else with you are limited.
3. Paddle provided is really more of a paddleboard paddle design with an adapter. Get a nice real kayak paddle instead.

All that said, the reality is there are few in-stock options this summer due to Covid so at least it gets you on the water.
I disagree with a lot of points with this post.

First is with adding a free floating seat (ie. arena seat) to a paddleboard. So many issues with this:
1) the seat will always most likely shift from underneath you causing instability because it is not tied down
2) seat will definitely shift when you try to paddle hard
3) when/if you fall in, it's another thing you need to collect and fish out of the water

#1 - while the foot pegs are stationary, the seat has several tether points to move the seat back/forth to make it more comfortable
#2 - I agree with this one but if I want to lie down, then I'll just lie down with my heard to the back of the board and my feet towards the pegs or front of the board
#3 - people looking at this board will not be pro's. The paddle that is provided is sufficient for the majority of people looking at a board like this. What's the point of getting a real kayak paddle with this board if that only means you're going to have to carry 2 paddles (SUP and Kayak) then?

A few notable features that I think make this a good board for the casual person:
- it has 3 points where you can pick up the board (front, middle and back) - gives you options of someone helping or if you can handle it all by yourself.
- middle strap also acts as a water bottle holder and also a paddle holder when transporting the board to/from the water
- bungee straps in front AND back
- multiple tether points so that you can adjust the seat forward/back based on your height.

I've been looking at an inflatable SUP over the last year or two but never really took the leap. This one has most if not all the features that I was looking for in a hybrid board. While it doesn't do one thing perfectly, it seems perfect for what I'll need it for. Something casual that can do both adequately well. This board is perfect for those that enjoy the water and want the option of both. Especially for those that have cottages and provides the ability to give both SUP and Kayak in one.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3476 posts
3968 upvotes
Was going to get an Advanced Elements inflatable kayak, but the Sport one is oos in Canada, will have to consider this. I hope its as fast and tracks as well as an Advanced Elements kayak. imho pure stand up paddle boards are a trendy gimmick that will disappear soon because they perform poorly on any substantial rides. It's basically a nice float island.
For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5255 posts
2076 upvotes
Kitchener
This was called the Body Glove Glide last year. Looks like for this year, they upgraded from 2 fins to 3 fins. I feel like last year's model had front and rear bungie though. Not that it matters. I have last year's model of the performer. Anyone wants to take that off my hands so I can get this instead? ;)

I'd like to be able to go fast when I'm hanging with canoes or kayaks or be more aerodynamic on windy days.

I took my paddleboard back country camping last year and it was a struggle keeping up.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1101 posts
1251 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
FredSavage wrote: I bought the Body Glove Performer 11" this year for $499
Thundercloud wrote: This was called the Body Glove Glide last year.
Was it also 11" ?
Last edited by BBQPEANUT on Jul 16th, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5255 posts
2076 upvotes
Kitchener
BBQPEANUT wrote: Was it also 11" ?
Yeah. Last year Costco was selling Body Glove Glide 11 with the blue turtle paint job. Looks like the porter is a bit shorter and has a rounder nose compared to the Glide 11.
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: Yeah. Last year Costco was selling Body Glove Glide 11 with the blue turtle paint job. Looks like the porter is a bit shorter and has a rounder nose compared to the Glide 11.
I searched on the internet and found your post about Glide 11. What a deal!

It’s sad a lot of stuffs are not in stock for months due to pandemic this year so we need to make financially unwise decisions to have some simple joys.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5255 posts
2076 upvotes
Kitchener
ekinjil wrote: I searched on the internet and found your post about Glide 11. What a deal!

It’s sad a lot of stuffs are not in stock for months due to pandemic this year so we need to make financially unwise decisions to have some simple joys.
yeah. And there are lots of things you can't buy even if you are willing to spend the money. (Like vr headsets) I saw this year's Performer 11 in store for only a very short time and now it's OOS in store and online. I'd be weary about the price on this increasing too or going oos as well. The Glide 11 started at 599 last year and creeped up to 629 then 649.
[OP]
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: yeah. And there are lots of things you can't buy even if you are willing to spend the money. (Like vr headsets) I saw this year's Performer 11 in store for only a very short time and now it's OOS in store and online. I'd be weary about the price on this increasing too or going oos as well. The Glide 11 started at 599 last year and creeped up to 629 then 649.
Btw I’ve seen a video about someone converted a SUP to a fishing kayak. I don’t know if that’s achievable with inflatable Body Glove especially they made Porter less than 10ft.

Have you tried or thought about fishing with your Glide 11?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)