• Mar 25th, 2021 8:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1837 posts
199 upvotes

[Costco] Bosch SHSM4AZ55N dishwasher

This weekend only bosch 100 series dishwasher
About $60 cheaper than everywhere else with delivery, haul away and 2 year warranty included
85 replies
Jul 25, 2018
20 posts
16 upvotes
For a second, I was really curious what the SHAZAM dishwasher would do...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1951 posts
1552 upvotes
tsueme wrote: For a second, I was really curious what the SHAZAM dishwasher would do...
It sounds ridiculous but Bosch dishwashers are basically magic.
12/10 would not hesitate to buy another (have owned 4 over the years in different properties)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1017 posts
2205 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: It sounds ridiculous but Bosch dishwashers are basically magic.
12/10 would not hesitate to buy another (have owned 4 over the years in different properties)
As much as there is hate against LG, I bought a new house recently and the owner left a nearly new LG dishwasher that outperform my bosch by a long shot. It's the LDT7808BD and my bosch (that I now moved to my chalet) was a SHSM63W55N
I would not switch back at this point. How ever dirty, dried, crusted the plate are, everything come out 125% clean each damn time.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Jan 17, 2017
188 posts
88 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: As much as there is hate against LG, I bought a new house recently and the owner left a nearly new LG dishwasher that outperform my bosch by a long shot. It's the LDT7808BD and my bosch (that I now moved to my chalet) was a SHSM63W55N
I would not switch back at this point. How ever dirty, dried, crusted the plate are, everything come out 125% clean each damn time.
I also have an LG. It washes dishes great. Only problem is control panel went crazy. Got it fixed under warranty and 2 months out of warranty it is doing the same thing. $350 to get it fixed now. Never buy LG again. Will look at this Bosch to replace it. Thx OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1186 posts
1723 upvotes
GPS - error
My bosch has the same issue that half the internet has with all different bosch models ...
After you start the cycle it goes to clean in about 40 seconds, unless you wait a little
after it starts then open and close the front door and it continues and works 100%

It’s really annoying and bosch doesn’t respond to anyone about it, bad customer service!
I’ve changed the water valve as well as turbidity sensor, and it’s still the same ...

Most people have changed out the main control board and the issue remains.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22141 posts
166386 upvotes
GTA
FYI, for those with Perkopolis accounts, the pricing there would likely beat this easily by $200+ for a comparable model (though not sure about appliance removal, and it would be standard warranty). If you are looking specifically for any Bosch appliance, it's definitely worth a look.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1846 posts
1359 upvotes
GTA West
ccdude wrote: This weekend only bosch 100 series dishwasher
About $60 cheaper than everywhere else with delivery, haul away and 2 year warranty included
Nice, with 2% for executive members. The choice is between this and the Ascenta SHX3AR75UC (top-rated by Consumer Reports) which is a bit more at Costco. The Ascenta is said to have a slight edge in washing but does not dry as well as the AZ55. Also, the Ascenta does not have the third rack.

We have the Ascenta, but I don't think you can wrong with either one.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1846 posts
1359 upvotes
GTA West
escape1975 wrote: My bosch has the same issue that half the internet has with all different bosch models ...
After you start the cycle it goes to clean in about 40 seconds, unless you wait a little
after it starts then open and close the front door and it continues and works 100%

It’s really annoying and bosch doesn’t respond to anyone about it, bad customer service!
I’ve changed the water valve as well as turbidity sensor, and it’s still the same ...

Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2284 posts
1144 upvotes
Markham
my bosch just died.. well not really died.. but drain pump wasnt working properly.. at first i thought it was the pump.. nope.. it was the "power module" basically main board died out.. the board cost minimum $400 to replace and $550 done by a local appliance repair guy.. sigh...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1186 posts
1723 upvotes
GPS - error
andyyuen wrote: my bosch just died.. well not really died.. but drain pump wasnt working properly.. at first i thought it was the pump.. nope.. it was the "power module" basically main board died out.. the board cost minimum $400 to replace and $550 done by a local appliance repair guy.. sigh...
Get a used one from ebay for $100, easy to replace yourself :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7841 posts
5805 upvotes
Kitchener
Picked up a 500 series for $811 a few weeks ago...but I had ordered it in November from Best Buy (25% energy star discount plus $300 discount on 3 appliances, bought 3 Bosch dishwashers). Everyone should've bought these in 2020.
Dec 13, 2020
79 posts
59 upvotes
Check perkopolis if you have an account... I won’t post prices, but they are very competitive.

I’m likely going to buy one of the 800 series soon direct from Bosch.
Last edited by demanche1 on Mar 5th, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 17, 2017
188 posts
88 upvotes
escape1975 wrote: My bosch has the same issue that half the internet has with all different bosch models ...

Can you expand a little more on the issue please. Would like to make sure I understand this fully before I buy. Thx
Oct 10, 2016
129 posts
84 upvotes
Is this good or should i wait for 300 series to go on sale? I am looking to replace my broken dishwasher and was looking at 300 series.
Oct 10, 2016
129 posts
84 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: Picked up a 500 series for $811 a few weeks ago...but I had ordered it in November from Best Buy (25% energy star discount plus $300 discount on 3 appliances, bought 3 Bosch dishwashers). Everyone should've bought these in 2020.
Is this a group buy? Curious why you needed 3
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1430 posts
1589 upvotes
VANCOUVER
InvaIid wrote: As much as there is hate against LG, I bought a new house recently and the owner left a nearly new LG dishwasher that outperform my bosch by a long shot. It's the LDT7808BD and my bosch (that I now moved to my chalet) was a SHSM63W55N
I think the hate isn't for LG but for Samsung. LG actually makes decent appliances. Samsung on the other hand is probably the worst
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1115 posts
734 upvotes
Montreal
I just bought a Bosch 300 series to replace a Kitchenaid that I liked, but stupid engineering choices like recirculating pump clamps that fail causing water damage to the downstairs neighbor and many service calls for a jammed pump had us give up.

I have to say that the Kitchenaid was quieter for the same 46dba rating and racks were much more versatile. Bosch racks are not that good and it seems designed to compensate for the inadequate condensing drying. Middle rack fills up and you can’t put cups and tall glasses on the lower basket without them falling over. Lots of room for plates but can’t figure out where to put bowls...

The Bosch cleans amazingly well but we are now having to run the dishwasher mostly empty sometimes twice a day and we are only 2. Always a lot of wet plastics and water accumulation on less than flat surfaces.

Really disappointed in what was supposed to be the best but I’m sure it will be reliable and not cause water damage.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2284 posts
1144 upvotes
Markham
escape1975 wrote: Get a used one from ebay for $100, easy to replace yourself :)
thx.. i will give that a try
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1186 posts
1723 upvotes
GPS - error
andyyuen wrote: thx.. i will give that a try
That's of course assuming it's the control board, everyone always says it's that and then they replace it and the issue is still there :)