[OP]
Dec 16, 2019
45 posts
136 upvotes

[Costco] Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells w/stand - $549.99

Bowflex adjustable dumbells with stand.
52.5lbs each max weight

Costco @ Dundas/Ridgeway (Mississauga)

Stand has a phone holder built in. Pretty handy feature.

~20 in stock
Images
  • 20211027_143004.jpg
  • 20211027_142958.jpg
  • 20211027_142954.jpg
  • 20211027_142947.jpg
63 replies
Aug 3, 2019
541 posts
314 upvotes
I see this regularly at Boucherville / St-Bruno Costcos
Nov 12, 2019
253 posts
890 upvotes
Last year simply being available would have been hot but now these are regularly available. Also last year's price was around 450 iirc for anyone with a time machine.
May 26, 2011
62 posts
21 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Does anyone know a good place to get just the stand for weights like these?
Jan 23, 2007
174 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
total 105lb...... kind of useless
Jan 21, 2021
122 posts
172 upvotes
Haha I love the comments about how this isn't enough weight which inevitably show up on these threads.

Like "yeah, what a joke - maybe for core exercises, but even for that, I'd probably need 2 packs of these" or "these might be good for warming up..."

This is plenty weight for most people.

Also, Costco Downsview had a kettlebell from the same brand for $149 each last weekend.
Nov 1, 2020
135 posts
234 upvotes
neware wrote: total 105lb...... kind of useless
Easy Superman. My wife and I use these 3-4 times per week. They are definitely not useless.
Feb 4, 2011
126 posts
117 upvotes
Ottawa
Seriously considering them but I think the "MX Select MX55 Adjustable Dumbbell Set" sold on Costco.ca is better designed and practical to use, just wish they were the same price or cheaper. My only issue with these dumbbells is how wide they are no matter how much weight is loaded. Decent price if you like the stand, otherwise they are $499 from bowflex directly (without the stand I think, not sure) but you have to pay for shipping unless you are ordering something else to go over $999.

To see what I mean, check video @ ~2:50:
Jan 21, 2021
122 posts
172 upvotes
Korin25 wrote: Seriously considering them but I think the "MX Select MX55 Adjustable Dumbbell Set" sold on Costco.ca is better designed and practical to use, just wish they were the same price or cheaper. My only issue with these dumbbells is how wide they are no matter how much weight is loaded. Decent price if you like the stand, otherwise they are $499 from bowflex directly (without the stand I think, not sure) but you have to pay for shipping unless you are ordering something else to go over $999.

To see what I mean, check video @ ~2:50:
I have had the MX-55's all pandemic and love them - also somewhat wide (so, difficult to do exercises that involve holding 1 weight at the ends with 2 hands) but the length and balance are on point.
Jul 13, 2018
217 posts
373 upvotes
Ottawa
Korin25 wrote: Seriously considering them but I think the "MX Select MX55 Adjustable Dumbbell Set" sold on Costco.ca is better designed and practical to use, just wish they were the same price or cheaper. My only issue with these dumbbells is how wide they are no matter how much weight is loaded. Decent price if you like the stand, otherwise they are $499 from bowflex directly (without the stand I think, not sure) but you have to pay for shipping unless you are ordering something else to go over $999.
You should check out the Weider adjustable dumbbells. I bought a set of these earlier this year, they adjust depending on how much weight you have selected. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/weid ... p.html#srp
Mar 6, 2019
78 posts
45 upvotes
slang75 wrote: Does anyone know a good place to get just the stand for weights like these?
I picked up the stands at Sportchek last year. Fits the 52.5 and the 90lb versions. My 90lb version was a knockoff Bowflex.
Aug 27, 2018
64 posts
107 upvotes
If anyone doesn't need the stand, would be willing to buy one!
Feb 12, 2011
273 posts
464 upvotes
Ottawa
neware wrote: total 105lb...... kind of useless
Just start with something smaller until you can lift these. There's plenty of other adjustable models or individual ones that go as low as 1lb.
Jan 23, 2007
174 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
FightingInternet wrote: Just start with something smaller until you can lift these. There's plenty of other adjustable models or individual ones that go as low as 1lb.
My warm up sets nomally starts from 50lb, each arm. I belive most men can easily reach this point within months if training correctly (But not uing these useless light dumbbells). Pullup/pushups can get much better result than light dumbbells, and much cheaper.
Mar 6, 2019
78 posts
45 upvotes
neware wrote: My warm up sets nomally starts from 50lb, each arm. I belive most men can easily reach this point within months if training correctly (But not uing these useless light dumbbells). Pullup/pushups can get much better result than light dumbbells, and much cheaper.
Do you warmup with 50lb on a dumbbell curl?
Jan 23, 2007
174 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
s4weng wrote: Do you warmup with 50lb on a dumbbell curl?
Curl is useless move. I use pullup instead.
Mar 6, 2019
78 posts
45 upvotes
neware wrote: Curl is useless move. I use pullup instead.
Lol ok. While I'm a fan of compound exercises as well I doubt anyone has a solid argument for never doing isolation exercises like curls, especially if they're into a sport like bodybuilding.

So these dumbbells are useless for you, fair enough, not sure why you felt the need to come in and either spread negativity or try to flaunt your ego.