Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Bowflex Xceed Home Gym: $699.99 (save $200)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 7:28 pm
[OP]
Jun 12, 2021
5 posts
10 upvotes

[Costco] Bowflex Xceed Home Gym: $699.99 (save $200)

Member Only Item

Product899.99$
Less200.00$-
Price699.99$
Shipping & Handling Included
$200 OFF

Valid for orders placed 11/29/21 to 12/05/21.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 1st, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
59 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1333 posts
1514 upvotes
red shorts included
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Don't. Just don't. You will regret this purchase.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4627 posts
5714 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Will become a Clothes hanging station
Aug 8, 2010
298 posts
205 upvotes
Quebec
I live mine. Bought used at the beginning of this mess, and been using it almost daily. The Xceed is compatible with the rods upgrade, I’m about to need it because of my progress and it’s very nice indeed.

If you are the procrastinating type, don’t enjoy training generally, or if you don’t have a dedicated place to put it, just don’t. But aside from this, I got tremendous value out of the thing and a water rower and I would buy again.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1353 posts
1908 upvotes
Kingston
Melkor wrote: Don't. Just don't. You will regret this purchase.
Why? I'm on the fence.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10308 posts
3744 upvotes
1000%
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Oct 27, 2012
198 posts
269 upvotes
WINNIPEG
"Sonder — noun. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own."

Realize that, while you may regret this purchase, not everyone thinks like you.

Also, this is a deals forum; OP posted a deal. OP wasn't asking you if he should buy it, based on your exercise habits.
Aug 16, 2010
478 posts
326 upvotes
Sudbury
Don't. Just don't.... listen to the other elitist snobs.

Something like this is an excellent value for someone who is looking to get into working out. It provides a good start. It also allows someone to test themselves to see if they have a consistency and dedication to workout regularly.

One of two things will happen. You discover that you are lazy and don't use the thing. In which case you can resell it and lose maybe a couple hundred dollars.

Or you discover that you do have the dedication to workout regularly. You discover that you have been getting into better shape. And you decide you want to take it to the enxt level. At that point you may decide to invest in a more dedicated setup(rack, free weights, dumbells, bench). And you resell the bowflex for a couple hundred dollars lost.

If you listen to the elitist people that will have you invest in 2 to 3k worth of equipment you haven't proven you will consistently use.
May 10, 2015
49 posts
75 upvotes
I bought the water rower a year or two ago and love it. Just finished a rowing session 20 minutes ago. People shouldn't tell people whether or not they will use exercise equipment.

$200 off is a good deal. Whether you use it is up to you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
xtrmDeals wrote: Why? I'm on the fence.
I bought a Bowflex PR3000 (I think that's what it was) about 9-10 years ago (I was 27-28). I had never really weightlifted in my life other than some light home training in my late teens/early 20s. I have a job that isn't physically demanding so I didn't really have any muscle.

I almost instantly maxed out the weight on the bench press and, one odd thing that I noticed was that I wasn't sore after workouts. It became the world's most expensive clothes hanger. Honestly, it's garbage. I sold it, bought a squat rack and plates a couple years later and haven't looked back. I understand that it will cost more money to go the free weights and rack route, but you don't need to buy 600lbs of plates at once. I've added to my gym over the years and I've got a great setup in my garage now.

You can buy it and be one of the very few people that see and get value in this product or you can be like one of the countless others that have buyer's remorse nearly instantly.

I got more of a work out transporting and assembling my Bowflex than actually using it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
tfranczyk wrote: "Sonder — noun. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own."

Realize that, while you may regret this purchase, not everyone thinks like you.

Also, this is a deals forum; OP posted a deal. OP wasn't asking you if he should buy it, based on your exercise habits.
It simply doesn't provide a good workout. I don't see value this product and I've elaborated as to why I feel this way. I'm trying to save people time and money on snake oil.

Bowflex has excellent marketing but I'm telling you it's crap.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15191 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
It's upgradable to 400lbs, but I agree, spend a little more money to get a better unit if you are looking at a full universal. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them as I have a life fitness unit, paid about $1800 on clearance, and I can't max out the weight capacity yet on any exercise.

I suggest kijiji if you really want a uni. People buy them with good intentions and of course, try to off load them.

On topic, $200 off isn't that hot of a deal on bowflex units.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15191 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote: It simply doesn't provide a good workout. I don't see value this product and I've elaborated as to why I feel this way. I'm trying to save people time and money on snake oil.

Bowflex has excellent marketing but I'm telling you it's crap.
I disagree. I've tried the blowflex revolution and it was a fantastic machine. Don't bother trying to save people's money by telling them to invest into free weights/power racks for a setup if they certainly don't have the space in say, a garage.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
koffey wrote: I disagree. I've tried the blowflex revolution and it was a fantastic machine. Don't bother trying to save people's money by telling them to invest into free weights/power racks for a setup if they certainly don't have the space in say, a garage.
My squat rack's footprint is smaller than the bowflex.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15191 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote: My squat rack's footprint is smaller than the bowflex.
And what about height? And width? Sure, some universals take up a large footprint but sqft isn't the only thing to take into consideration when buying home equipment. Your 8ft rack would not fit in my basement where my 7ft universal does. Again, not everyone has a garage and some that do, actually park their cars in them instead of turning it into a gym or in most cases, a dumpster full of their unwanted shit and end up parking their 2nd or 3rd vehicle on the street.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
koffey wrote: And what about height? And width? Sure, some universals take up a large footprint but sqft isn't the only thing to take into consideration when buying home equipment. Your 8ft rack would not fit in my basement where my 7ft universal does. Again, not everyone has a garage and some that do, actually park their cars in them instead of turning it into a gym or in most cases, a dumpster full of their unwanted shit and end up parking their 2nd or 3rd vehicle on the street.
The bowflex in this post is as tall if not taller than my rack.

Some people will see the value in the bowflex for sure. I know three people who invested in one and sold it within a year.

A couple kettle bells, dumbbells and a flat bench will be cheaper, take up less space, and provide a better workout. No question.
Aug 16, 2010
478 posts
326 upvotes
Sudbury
Melkor wrote: My squat rack's footprint is smaller than the bowflex.
How about that 7ft bar and room to load it. That is part of the squat racks footprint too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5338 posts
4519 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Haps13 wrote: How about that 7ft bar and room to load it. That is part of the squat racks footprint too.
lol you've got me there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)