• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2019 9:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2015
143 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Costco] Braun Thermoscan 5 Ear Thermometer $47.99

This thermometer is the best for kids. Goes on sale every 6 months or so for this price.

It is the same price in store.. however if you use code AERO3, you get an extra 3 x 47 = 141 Aeroplan Miles
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 4th, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2582 posts
2045 upvotes
Clarington
My kids in particular love this thing. My 2 year old walks around taking her temperature when she's feeling sick lol.
Apr 3, 2005
729 posts
54 upvotes
Thanks OP...

I was looking for forehead thermometer...Your post made me look at Costco website and I saw the notouch is also on sale....

Strange thing I noticed on Costco website is that they charge tax on full amount and then deduct the price from total... i'm not sure if that's the same thing is in store...
i had to order online because they dont have forehead no touch in store .. plus i had the $20 coupon(by signing up for costco membership) to shop on costco.ca
P.S. : if you find lots of spelling mistakes in my above comment. This is what happens when you use the physical Keyboard (Blackberry) your whole life and then you have to settle with a virtual Keyboard.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
1882 posts
918 upvotes
mb
Rob76 wrote: Their forehead no-touch model is also on sale. Our hospital now only uses forehead units but I’m not sure if Braun’s any good though.

https://www.costco.ca/Braun-No-Touch-%2 ... 70618.html
Braun are the best for the price for at home thermometers. We bought the top rated amazon model and its junk. Always reads 97f. Braun is spot on.

Hospitals use forehead ones for sanitary reasons. Our health care provider recommended the in ear so we just ordered this morning. I didn't even know this post existed until after we ordered so I guess we got a good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7030 posts
6817 upvotes
Toronto
Who needs a 5-ear thermometer?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2213 posts
498 upvotes
Vancouver Island
nadrojcote wrote: Braun are the best for the price for at home thermometers. We bought the top rated amazon model and its junk. Always reads 97f. Braun is spot on.

Hospitals use forehead ones for sanitary reasons. Our health care provider recommended the in ear so we just ordered this morning. I didn't even know this post existed until after we ordered so I guess we got a good deal.
Our hospital used to use the in-ear ones, replacing the probe cover after each use. I guess with the forehead models they don’t need to purchase probe covers, so probably saves them money in the long run.

I’m just not sure if forehead units measure as accurately. I guess with Costco we can try it and if it doesn’t work well enough we can always return them.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
1882 posts
918 upvotes
mb
Rob76 wrote: Our hospital used to use the in-ear ones, replacing the probe cover after each use. I guess with the forehead models they don’t need to purchase probe covers, so probably saves them money in the long run.

I’m just not sure if forehead units measure as accurately. I guess with Costco we can try it and if it doesn’t work well enough we can always return them.

Makes sense, kind of what I was getting at about the sanitary comment. They wont have to change the ear tip cover for every patient with a forehead one. Apparently the in ear are more accurate according to our hcp.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1190 posts
1571 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I bought this and now I just need to make a kid so I can use it on them
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2703 posts
1918 upvotes
Mississauga
Rob76 wrote: Their forehead no-touch model is also on sale. Our hospital now only uses forehead units but I’m not sure if Braun’s any good though.

https://www.costco.ca/Braun-No-Touch-%2 ... 70618.html
if anyone can help me... I'm deciding if I should get the forehead version or ear canal one. I read the pros and cons of both, but would be good to hear some rfd opinions as to what I should get. Seems like forehead is the new thing.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1891 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP and Rob76. Just pulled trigger on the forehead version.
Oct 18, 2015
326 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Rectal > oral > ear > forehead in terms of accuracy if I remember correctly.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1019 posts
618 upvotes
I have a old mercury thermometer that put underarm to take temp.
the discrepancy between the ear and the mercury thermometer is +0.5
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1727 posts
933 upvotes
vinnie1990 wrote: if anyone can help me... I'm deciding if I should get the forehead version or ear canal one. I read the pros and cons of both, but would be good to hear some rfd opinions as to what I should get. Seems like forehead is the new thing.
i think the no touch has night light display.. where the in-ear is useless in the dark. i have an older in-ear model and its awful at night - great gadget but just frustrating in the dark. Also with the no touch you dont have to worry about any refillable items like the in-ear disposable plastic covers..
Oct 13, 2015
401 posts
27 upvotes
Cyberspace
I like the concept of no touch thermometers and it can be a great use case for measuring infants and children. My concern with no touch thermometers is how do you measure yourself if you're the one who's sick? Do you rest the thermometer in the middle of your forehead? But then how is that no touch? And if you're trying to do this from a distance, how do you know you have it dead on the center to get the best accuracy?