• Oct 20th, 2019 1:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1032 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…

[Costco] Braun Thermoscan 5, Thermometer $47.99

Costco in store and online has the Braun Thermoscan 5 in ear thermometer for $47.99

https://www.costco.ca/Braun-ThermoScan- ... 23641.html
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 20th, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2301 posts
941 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Easy to use and fast. We use this one for my son, no issues.
Does it include some sort of case or protector for the tip? The older one I have that I need to replace folds into itself.
Apr 21, 2012
633 posts
850 upvotes
Ontario
The tips are disposable. We have this. It's worked great with our son from new born to 2 years old. Our son did drop it once and it stopped working so we got it exchanged at Costco without any issues. It wasn't physically damaged. Just showed some sort of error after.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1032 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
esq05 wrote: The 40 bonus tips are in a small paper package by itself.

Also, this one had the backlit display.

Does it include some sort of case or protector for the tip? The older one I have that I need to replace folds into itself.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2301 posts
941 upvotes
Toronto
emale wrote:
Yup. The foldable one I have right now has similar disposable tips. But just concerned of dust and such on where the tips go. I liked the foldable one as it protected that measuring mechanism.
Dec 11, 2009
207 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster
esq05 wrote: Does it include some sort of case or protector for the tip? The older one I have that I need to replace folds into itself.
ThermoScan 5 IRT6500 Digital Thermometer Carrying Case, TUDIA Hard Travel Shock Absorption Amazon Smile Protect Device Cover Braun Baby Ear Thermomete https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DKT8L44/ref ... pQ3DM5TmXt
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
21232 posts
8900 upvotes
Toronto
esq05 wrote: Does it include some sort of case or protector for the tip? The older one I have that I need to replace folds into itself.
Mine is covered, nothing will enter.

And to answer those other questions, I believe it will work anywhere based on how it is reading temperature.

It worked on all my tests
Images
  • 20191019_171113.jpg
  • 20191019_171050.jpg
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2301 posts
941 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Mine is covered, nothing will enter.

And to answer those other questions, I believe it will work anywhere based on how it is reading temperature.

Ah. Thanks for the pictures so there is a holder for it. I thought it was the thermometer on it's on.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2216 posts
4781 upvotes
Markham
DaVibe wrote: Mine is covered, nothing will enter.

Does it work in the nose?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1532 posts
1523 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: Would you recommend this for a 7 month old baby?

You can use it. However some nurses and doctors said ear thermometers aren’t the most accurate for babies.
Wallet safe...
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16216 posts
7901 upvotes
Ottawa
So the new ones come with the plastic shell that protects the device with the tip still on? I wish I had one of those.

I bought one two years ago from Cstoco and it only has a clear protector for the tip, but it doesn't fit on with the tip still attached. I like to keep a tip attached so that the next time I use it, it's available right away. And sometimes I don't bother switching the tip (it seems wasteful to use a tip every time when checking multiple times a day)
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.