Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Brew DR Kombucha Spiced Apple (6x414ml)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 10:35 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4482 posts
1575 upvotes

[Costco] Brew DR Kombucha Spiced Apple (6x414ml)

Fans of kombucha who don't like the vinegar taste will like this flavor. A very balanced flavor that gives you a hint of apple pie.

GTS gingerade is also on sale for $11.99.
19 replies
Mar 14, 2013
266 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
I personally don't like the apple one. I much prefer the original one or the other flavours from the same brand that the apple one makes. Clarity and ginger tumeric i believe are what the names are in the mixed pack. Those are my personal favourites.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4482 posts
1575 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 7:10 pm
I personally don't like the apple one. I much prefer the original one or the other flavours from the same brand that the apple one makes. Clarity and ginger tumeric i believe are what the names are in the mixed pack. Those are my personal favourites.
I haven't tried their variety pack. Strangely that is not on sale.
Dec 16, 2018
132 posts
325 upvotes
Thanks OP
Love kombucha!
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10744 posts
10854 upvotes
I've only heard of this from Joe Rogan, what's the bro-science say on kombucha?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2432 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 7:18 pm
I've only heard of this from Joe Rogan, what's the bro-science say on kombucha?
You need to consume regularly, which is expensive if you purchase bottled.
Making your own is the way to go.

I've purchased (when on sale at Costco) and enjoyed the gingerade, and actually have been using the gingerade bottles for my homemade batches. The bottles are quite nice.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3029 posts
1803 upvotes
GTA
This stuff is nasty, smells nasty, tastes nasty. Why would you put something like this in your mouth is beyond understanding. The whole"trendiness " thing doesn't appeal to me. 5 years you wouldn't even hear the name kombucha.
Nov 25, 2014
104 posts
34 upvotes
London, ON
You are msg the point of it for gut health..google its inventor
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4482 posts
1575 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 7:59 pm
This stuff is nasty, smells nasty, tastes nasty. Why would you put something like this in your mouth is beyond understanding. The whole"trendiness " thing doesn't appeal to me. 5 years you wouldn't even hear the name kombucha.
The gingerade kombucha is an acquired taste which I love.

But this spiced apple flavor is actually delicious.
Nov 3, 2018
98 posts
325 upvotes
just make your own. it tastes better and you can add your own flavouring and you know what you put in it. it's surprising easy, you just have to buy the kombucha scoby and you can get it on Amazon.

lots of recipes online on how to make it.
Apr 8, 2012
135 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Is this at all Costco’s? Time to stock up my gf is on a kombucha kick right now.
Nov 23, 2017
185 posts
304 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
supremePug wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 8:20 pm
just make your own. it tastes better and you can add your own flavouring and you know what you put in it. it's surprising easy, you just have to buy the kombucha scoby and you can get it on Amazon.

lots of recipes online on how to make it.
It is a lot cheaper to make your own! I used to make batches, but I would occasionally ferment them for too long... It would just end up tasting like beer at that point!

Delicious form of probiotics!
Sep 3, 2016
88 posts
45 upvotes
dayofthedeb wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:31 pm
It is a lot cheaper to make your own! I used to make batches, but I would occasionally ferment them for too long... It would just end up tasting like beer at that point!

Delicious form of probiotics!
What kind of bottles do you use for fermentation? I'm hearing that plastic is a no go for the first and second fermentation
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9249 posts
534 upvotes
bizzaro23 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:44 pm
What kind of bottles do you use for fermentation? I'm hearing that plastic is a no go for the first and second fermentation
Because of BPA?. Our water and some food supply already have microplastics but if you are really concerned about it, you should buy BPA-free containers, jugs, water bottle.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS