Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System - $329.99 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 11:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22776 posts
176380 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System - $329.99 ($100 off)

Costco has the Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System back on sale for $329.99 ($100 off).

https://www.costco.ca/brondell-h2o%2b-- ... 26812.html
37 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4863 posts
954 upvotes
rural ontario
from the site:

"INTRODUCING THE CIRCLE REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM

Many reverse osmosis (RO) systems today are bulky, difficult to install, and require electricity and pumps to operate. Most concerning the fact that conventional RO systems are extremely inefficient, wasting up to 24 gallons of water for every gallon of drinkable water.

Brondell’s Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System utilizes patented new technology to eliminate back pressure, making it up to 10 times more efficient than current conventional RO systems. Additionally, the Circle RO Water Filter eliminates any need for electricity with its combination of the Smart Valve and Flexible Inner Tank. By integrating the tank and filters, Brondell’s Circle is an all-in-one, easy-to-install complete system.
"
Aug 15, 2017
98 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
Same model available at Home Depot. Possible price beat by 10%
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1779 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Where is good place to buy filters for these ?
Sep 8, 2019
9 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this model from home depot about a year ago. It was good until 1 year warranty passed, then it started discharge continuous water nonstop. As I read in the manual, discharge valve problem inside. Almost no support from Company in States. Sent them an email, I changed the system until getting a reply from them took over a month. Not recommend
Sep 8, 2019
9 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
I purchased from Costco.ca paid $96 then installed them but the machine discharge valve system stop working for me. So, not in use anymore. I used the new filters only about a week. I can provide costco purchase receipt online purchase but I don’t have its box since I threw it away after installation. I can sell it half price if you are interested. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1851 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
How’s this in comparison to the ones sold by aquatell? I’m looking at the pentair freshpoint 4 stage (GRO-475B)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2453 posts
1074 upvotes
toguy wrote: Costco carries them - better prices than other retailers too. For example, RF-20 set as well as the membrane filter is well over $20 more at a lot of other places.

https://www.costco.ca/brondell---rf-20- ... 26878.html

https://www.costco.ca/brondell-rf-40-re ... 26877.html
Based on these filter prices and their replacement timelines, this system will cost $247 per year to operate, including ON tax.

Hmm
Feb 14, 2006
863 posts
1004 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
drunkgoat wrote:
Based on these filter prices and their replacement timelines, this system will cost $247 per year to operate, including ON tax.

Hmm
Is 65 or 70 cents a day (minimum- filters will go up more in $$$ eventually or no costco stock) on the good end of RO? I feel it isn't but I know ziltch.
May 28, 2011
741 posts
777 upvotes
Keep in mind you have to install this under your sink and possible drill to install the water faucet, so not good if you need a portable one (i.e. you switch houses often). The AquaTrue RO filter is much more portable (but you have to re-fill the water tank manually). If you own your place / aren't moving alot, I think this is more convenient and a good deal.
Jan 20, 2018
138 posts
194 upvotes
This seems super expensive for an RO system.

I have a RO/DI 5 stage filter from Max Water (an Ontario company)
https://www.maxwaterflow.com/

Which I paid I think 200$ for. Installation is dead simple you just screw in a diverter. I have mine with a gate valve cause I don’t use it all the time (it’s for my saltwater aquarium test the water every time I’ve been using it now for a year and water is still 0 TDS) but you can install it however you want. To a reservoir with a float valve straight to a faucet whatever you want.

You can also customize whatever filters you want. Filters are standard so you can buy them from anywhere that deals with water filtration.

Why are y’all getting overpriced RO systems anyway?
Mar 13, 2006
337 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Magicwhistleca wrote: This seems super expensive for an RO system.

I have a RO/DI 5 stage filter from Max Water (an Ontario company)
https://www.maxwaterflow.com/

Which I paid I think 200$ for. Installation is dead simple you just screw in a diverter. I have mine with a gate valve cause I don’t use it all the time (it’s for my saltwater aquarium test the water every time I’ve been using it now for a year and water is still 0 TDS) but you can install it however you want. To a reservoir with a float valve straight to a faucet whatever you want.

You can also customize whatever filters you want. Filters are standard so you can buy them from anywhere that deals with water filtration.

Why are y’all getting overpriced RO systems anyway?
Thank you for posting this! Does the system have any water wasted? I didn't see it mentioned on the website. TIA!
Jan 20, 2018
138 posts
194 upvotes
kathkath wrote: Thank you for posting this! Does the system have any water wasted? I didn't see it mentioned on the website. TIA!
Yeah there is waste water how much varies based on a few variables like water pressure and temperature which filters you’re using and probably what’s even in the prefiltered water. You can also add on components that re filters the waste water. With mine since it has DI resin the waste water is around 1-2 to 1. So for every gallon of 0TDS water I produce I waste around 1-2 gallons. I can’t remember exactly. Starting from around 120TDS.

Every system will produce waste water though. The less waste water the faster you have to replace your filters and honestly I don’t think it would reduce utility cost significantly having more waste water. In the aquarium hobby you typically see around 2:1 being fine but some people run real high at like 5:1.

The waste water can still be used for stuff though. Like watering plants and stuff.

The typical way for under the sink install like what I have is to drill a hole into your sink drain (underneath in the pipe) that you run a RO tube into. I didn’t do this though since I live in an apartment. When I make water I just filter into a 5 gallon blue jug and have a long RO Tube I plop in the sink.

There are other install methods that I’m not really familiar.

Edit: I was actually filtering some water for my tank while writing this so measured my waste water. It’s just over 1.5:1. (The waste water cup filled slightly faster than the filtered water). Our water from the pipe is pretty cold though and the pressure is in a good spot. Both help efficiency.
Last edited by Magicwhistleca on May 8th, 2021 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 20, 2018
138 posts
194 upvotes
I guarantee you though the claims on that Costco product information site are not true at all. Waste water ratio of 24:1 is insane I’ve never heard of any system that inefficient.

Just need to have proper pressure from the pipe which shouldn’t be an issue and you can buy a cheap booster if it is. Even with low pressure though I cannot believe someone would have 24:1 waste ratio. Never heard of something so crazy before.

They also are not bulky. I haven’t seen this system in person before but it looks far more bulky than mine which is tucked in a corner under the sink. Probably takes up 10”x3” of space in a corner.
Jan 20, 2018
138 posts
194 upvotes
Just adding photos of what it looks like under our sink. That’s a large bag of citric acid and the smaller regular sized comet.

Also attached a photo of how it connects. You just add that attachment to your cold water pipe. Ours has the valve since we don’t use it all the time you can install it in different ways though. You can also just use a faucet adapter if you wanted.

I’m super dubious about this product just because their claims are weird. 24:1 waste water. Installation being hard or bulky. You’ll still have to install this product in the same way pretty sure. The way they have their filters organized inside the unit makes it look more bulky and 24:1 waste water is astronomical.

Our 1.5:1 waste ratio is WITH a DI resin stage to get 0 TDS (best for saltwater tanks). I imagine the waste water from our unit would be less if I removed that stage and only used the RO water.

Meaning our unit produces less waste for cheaper. Granted their system has a faucet and a reservoir but those can be added for super cheap. You also can just have the system go straight to the faucet. The benefit of a reservoir is you can dispense water faster when you want it.

I also notice they have their filter doing 3gal/hr so if you wanted similar speed filling up a reservoir or just getting water out of it you’d be looking at 75gpd systems. Right now I see on their site they have RO systems without DI stage plus reservoir plus faucet with extra filters for around 250$.

They have a lot of filter options you can change up I’d talk to them about your specific situation and what you’re looking to get in the end to decide the stages. Super knowledgeable and I never felt like they were trying to take advantage of me like a bunch of these RO companies do (there’s a popular one going around my area now that’s a straight up pyramid scheme and they come armed to the elderly with a whack load of misinformation)

Another benefit is that you’re not locked into getting filters from them since they use standardized filters. This system from Costco looks proprietary.

Sorry off railing the thread but after seeing all these people get taken by these RO companies for substantial money with door to door sales tactics especially targeting the elderly just thought I’d pop in my experience with normal RO filter stuff.
Images
  • EB46E31C-3E58-4CF5-9F7B-3D203756DD4C.jpeg
  • CF848B47-4170-4E5F-B6D0-E22ECC5E358E.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5884 posts
968 upvotes
I added a permeate pump to my RO system, it reduces my waste water production by more than half. Anyone who doesn’t use these AIO system should look into it.

Doesn’t use any electricity, it uses waste water to add pressure to push RO water to the tank, especially when the tank is almost full and has more built up pressure to reject waste water. Highly recommended.
https://www.amazon.ca/Watts-Premier-560 ... ate&sr=8-4
113 with all the connections (79 wo connections)