• May 24th, 2020 8:30 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21984 posts
163896 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System - $329.99

Costco has the Brondell H2O+ Circle reverse osmosis water filtration system for $100 off, for a sale price of $329.99. Been considering some type of filtration system lately and I like this one in that it's fairly compact and relatively easy to install.

https://www.costco.ca/brondell-h2o%2b-- ... 26812.html
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 4th, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed expiry
29 replies
Oct 29, 2016
431 posts
250 upvotes
I'd love to see an RFD style run down for RO and other filter solutions for Canadian water. Has anyone done any water testing to decide what filter we actually should have? Next level is picking a filter that does the right job and minimize long term filter replacement costs. Maybe I'm asking for a lot here but this is definitely the right community for it.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6583 posts
2433 upvotes
GTA
User381589 wrote: I'd love to see an RFD style run down for RO and other filter solutions for Canadian water. Has anyone done any water testing to decide what filter we actually should have? Next level is picking a filter that does the right job and minimize long term filter replacement costs. Maybe I'm asking for a lot here but this is definitely the right community for it.
Yes,

The RO with re-mineralization is the best bet if you are going with RO and worried about removing almost everything from water. This method will waste water as is the nature of RO but you will get either close to pure and + minerals if using remineralization with your RO. GTA area water is pretty good at around 150-180ppm contaminates.

If you are just looking to do clean drinking water with better taste, then you can just do a three filter system, sediment, carbon, coconut carbon. I have good results with it and cost is around 30ish per 12-24month depending on your usage.

As for the costco deal, yikes brondell, don't they make bidets too haha. Bidet -> Water filter. hah.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15662 posts
16816 upvotes
Oakville
User381589 wrote: I'd love to see an RFD style run down for RO and other filter solutions for Canadian water. Has anyone done any water testing to decide what filter we actually should have? Next level is picking a filter that does the right job and minimize long term filter replacement costs. Maybe I'm asking for a lot here but this is definitely the right community for it.
If RFD can maintain a list of toilet paper cost per sheet, I think we could do that.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2806 posts
522 upvotes
Ontario
I ordered that one today, once I seen the $100 off.
One thing I like about this one, is the waist water is minimal compared to others.
The RO membrane fiter is cheapest at Walmart, approximately 90 bux. The 3 pack filters are cheapest at Costco.
I figure worst case, if it sucks ill just bring it back to Costco.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15662 posts
16816 upvotes
Oakville
CouponKindaGuy wrote: I ordered that one today, once I seen the $100 off.
One thing I like about this one, is the waist water is minimal compared to others.
The RO membrane fiter is cheapest at Walmart, approximately 90 bux. The 3 pack filters are cheapest at Costco.
I figure worst case, if it sucks ill just bring it back to Costco.
Yes, it is pretty efficient at 2.1 to 1. The RO system at our old house wasted 20 to 1, which is ridiculous and added up in water bills when waste charges are factored in.
I also didn't like the taste, since we didn't have a re-mineralizer, which this system doesn't have, so I would highly recommend that.
Mar 11, 2019
287 posts
270 upvotes
I had a RO system at the lake but until I added a UV light to the array I still got stomach problems from the water. Even though the water was certified by health Canada even without a filter.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2370 posts
521 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
porksoda wrote: Yes,

If you are just looking to do clean drinking water with better taste, then you can just do a three filter system, sediment, carbon, coconut carbon. I have good results with it and cost is around 30ish per 12-24month depending on your usage.
would love to hear more about this setup and recommendations pork. in another thread.. or pm ... I really need something and it's totally new to me, as is a water softener.
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Jun 23, 2015
101 posts
53 upvotes
There are better stage systems on amazon for less, brand name ones.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1126 posts
439 upvotes
Sparkmanbc wrote: There are better stage systems on amazon for less, brand name ones.
Examples?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1486 posts
837 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm going to be moving soon, so I don't want to buy a sophisticated system like this just yet...Any small units people recommend like zero water, brita etc?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2806 posts
522 upvotes
Ontario
Sparkmanbc wrote: There are better stage systems on amazon for less, brand name ones.
Seen that but is the waist water is as low.
Emptying lots of water down the drain will add up after awhile.
Jun 26, 2015
85 posts
104 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have this unit, bought at full price. Its nice and compact with easy installation and fits well under the sink. Only gripe is the water flow rate due to water pressure, is a bit low. It takes a while to fill up my bottle.
Oct 29, 2016
431 posts
250 upvotes
I just have a single filter under sink one on the cold water. Gets the water tasting great, very minimal effect on flow, and the filter is about $10 once a year.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2806 posts
522 upvotes
Ontario
Anybody that has one.
How often do you replace the filters.?
Is it more or less, compared to the stated specs?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1651 posts
1034 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote: I'm going to be moving soon, so I don't want to buy a sophisticated system like this just yet...Any small units people recommend like zero water, brita etc?
RO water is not the healthiest water to be drinking. Remineralizing it makes a big difference. But I would go for a Berkey any day over RO or other filtration systems (Brita, PUR, etc). Berkey’s are expensive upfront but pays for itself as the filters lasts for years (will actually be cheaper than Brita’s 2-3 month changes).
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6583 posts
2433 upvotes
GTA
crashxxx wrote: would love to hear more about this setup and recommendations pork. in another thread.. or pm ... I really need something and it's totally new to me, as is a water softener.
HI, i used this company that had housing, filters tap and pipe all included. it was $125 or so a couple of years ago. I am sure you can get it from any company.

I think i bought this one: https://www.maxwaterflow.com/3-stage-Se ... p_245.html

But you don't have to buy it from them as housing and tap and piping is all fairly standard. I get the replacement filters from amazon for 30ish bucks.
Feb 10, 2007
429 posts
146 upvotes
vittycent wrote: RO water is not the healthiest water to be drinking. Remineralizing it makes a big difference. But I would go for a Berkey any day over RO or other filtration systems (Brita, PUR, etc). Berkey’s are expensive upfront but pays for itself as the filters lasts for years (will actually be cheaper than Brita’s 2-3 month changes).
I'd hate to see your diet if you feel you need to get your minerals from your drinking water. Marketing is what is driving demand for "remineralization", which didn't used to be a thing. Maybe another RO downstream the remineralizer, just in case it added too much?

http://www.purewatergazette.net/blog/re ... sis-water/
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15662 posts
16816 upvotes
Oakville
ryar wrote: I'd hate to see your diet if you feel you need to get your minerals from your drinking water. Marketing is what is driving demand for "remineralization", which didn't used to be a thing. Maybe another RO downstream the remineralizer, just in case it added too much?

Minerals make water taste good, ie spring water. Pure H2O is gross.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1651 posts
1034 upvotes
ryar wrote: I'd hate to see your diet if you feel you need to get your minerals from your drinking water. Marketing is what is driving demand for "remineralization", which didn't used to be a thing. Maybe another RO downstream the remineralizer, just in case it added too much?

I’d hate to see your research methods if you’re posting an article from a blog here