• Sep 21st, 2020 2:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21538 posts
156559 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Brondell H2O+ Circle RO Water Filtration System - $329.99

Costco has the Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis water filtration system for $329.99 ($100 off).

https://www.costco.ca/brondell-h2o%2b-- ... 26812.html
56 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54009 posts
18952 upvotes
Haven't installed mine.

With existing RO system that I want replaced, is it really easy to install?

Any deals on brondell filters? Used up my $20 off $100 on the brondell RO and other things. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1834 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: Haven't installed mine.

With existing RO system that I want replaced, is it really easy to install?

Any deals on brondell filters? Used up my $20 off $100 on the brondell RO and other things. :(
I have a 3-stage filter from them, and I normally buy my replacements from their store directly. Even being in USD and charging shipping, it ends up cheaper than buying locally... They ship from the GTA, so no duties (they charge HST tho)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54009 posts
18952 upvotes
neonic wrote: I have a 3-stage filter from them, and I normally buy my replacements from their store directly. Even being in USD and charging shipping, it ends up cheaper than buying locally... They ship from the GTA, so no duties (they charge HST tho)
Perfect. Thank you.

I wonder when the border will open.

I was told with water softener systems, the replacement frequency can be slightly extended. Maybe except for that filter that blocks salt lol.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5860 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec
i had no idea RO systems wasted water. also doesn't RO remove the minerals from the water?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
1917 posts
315 upvotes
fakishan wrote: i had no idea RO systems wasted water. also doesn't RO remove the minerals from the water?
Yeah, RO systems basically removes almost all minerals. You can find RO systems that have a final filter that adds back in minerals to make it more alkaline (according to the some product descriptions, RO makes water a bit more acidic). I use this one https://www.amazon.ca/iSpring-RCC7AK-Ca ... B005LJ8EXU.
Nov 30, 2016
806 posts
974 upvotes
Mississauga
Not trying to be a troll here but here's my question, what are the scenarios people use this for?
I understand use in labs and situations where you need "pure water". However if this is for residential use, then isn't it overkill? Most municipalities in Canada have got really good water treatment systems. Plus if you wish to take out the added chloride and fluoride, a simple filter will do.
So why reverse osmosis?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21538 posts
156559 upvotes
GTA
dpwr wrote: if anyone wants absolutely the best RO system where water tastes amazing (I tried many systems) get this https://www.amazon.ca/Home-Master-TMHP- ... 85fb77bc58
I didn't look into all the potential advantages of that one over this one, but it is over 2x the cost, requires an electrical plug, and while I personally don't care that much, I can tell you that the WAF with that one in our household would not be very high.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1989 posts
1677 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Not trying to be a troll here but here's my question, what are the scenarios people use this for?
I understand use in labs and situations where you need "pure water". However if this is for residential use, then isn't it overkill? Most municipalities in Canada have got really good water treatment systems. Plus if you wish to take out the added chloride and fluoride, a simple filter will do.
So why reverse osmosis?
So I see several people brought up the removal of minerals thing. Which is completely valid argument. So the extra fluoride for example that is added into city water is also removed.

The entire drinking water system / RO movement is particularly targeted towards Asians population in general. Where most of them come from, there is no safe tap water to drink. So in order to have drinkable water it must be boiled. Hence why you end up having a water drinking machine. If you are ones that use Brita filters, then RO is probably better for you.

If you are used to drinking city water, or strongly believe city water is better, then probably no need to buy RO system.

It is true that at least in Canada, the city water is drinkable. That is also if you trust the water going through aging piping or bacteria that may have been introduced before reaching to your home water supply.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1989 posts
1677 upvotes
toguy wrote: Costco has the Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis water filtration system for $329.99 ($100 off).

https://www.costco.ca/brondell-h2o%2b-- ... 26812.html
So I just wanted to put my opinion here. Not saying its a bad product. But please don't buy the brondell RO system just for looks or for the price that it is on sale. There is some disadvantages to this particular system.

-Water filtration is slower than other RO systems.
-The filters may be more expensive than buying them for common 4 to 5 stage individual RO systems.
-Getting repair parts is way more easier if you have the standard RO system with a tank compared to an integrated piece like brondell.

Just so keep that in mind before making purchase on this unit.
Mar 27, 2015
125 posts
246 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I use RO water for my fish tank water, humidifier, coffee machine, kettle, and in cooking.
I still drink regular tap water but its nice to not deal with the minerals on pots/machines and using tap water in my humidifier used to leave white dust residue - not anymore with RO water!
Public Mobile 'Friend' :)
Nov 30, 2016
806 posts
974 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the perspective, I really was trying to find a possible use case for myself.

Back in 2011, I lived for a year in an African city with impossibly high fluoride levels in all their water supply. You would see lots of people with fluorosis on their teeth. Plus it caused repeated episodes of hypocalcemia. For me it was unbearable. Boiling the water had no effect, and I couldn't source a good filtration system. I had to resort to water distillation to get rid of all that fluoride.

I would have killed for an RO filtration system like this.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1159 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this for years. Works well. Changed filters once, very easy also install was fast . Water creation not as fast as a normal unit and does not produce as much water but good for a family of 4. If your main goal is for fish keeping then look elsewhere
Last edited by porchemasi on Sep 12th, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 4, 2006
88 posts
6 upvotes
Chatham
Someone mention RO waste a lot of water. Just wondering any RO system waste less water than the others? or any add-on that could help to save water?