Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Brondell H2O+ Circle RO Water Filtration System - $329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1996 posts
1679 upvotes
4 stage RO systems are good enough.. If you want, 5 stage which has a post carbon filter. But honestly more filter system you buy, more cost to replace the filters.

The normal typical RO system is better for repair down the road..

Make sure that flow restrictor is replaceable if you buy integrated units.
Sep 14, 2006
239 posts
56 upvotes
Do you think this better than the kinetico system?
I am in the market for one.
Which system is this? Link?

Actually never mind. Looks like this kinetico unit is almost $2000 lol. I don’t want water that badly.
Jul 11, 2017
526 posts
591 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Not trying to be a troll here but here's my question, what are the scenarios people use this for?
I understand use in labs and situations where you need "pure water". However if this is for residential use, then isn't it overkill? Most municipalities in Canada have got really good water treatment systems. Plus if you wish to take out the added chloride and fluoride, a simple filter will do.
So why reverse osmosis?
Because not everyone lives in a condo in Toronto.
Apr 21, 2012
455 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
No ones mentioned the most obvious and common use case. When growing legal weed with hydroponics or aeroponics its best to use low ppm, filtered water.
Jan 13, 2009
701 posts
269 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Not trying to be a troll here but here's my question, what are the scenarios people use this for?
I understand use in labs and situations where you need "pure water". However if this is for residential use, then isn't it overkill? Most municipalities in Canada have got really good water treatment systems. Plus if you wish to take out the added chloride and fluoride, a simple filter will do.
So why reverse osmosis?
Because the water tastes AMAZING. Not to mention that some of us live in municipalities that have extremely hard water that requires softening. Once softened it has extremely high sault content. Do you like 3 spoons of sault in your coffee in the morning?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2056 posts
1030 upvotes
Crazy question for a noob: does this thing have the ability to make lake water drinkable at a cottage? I have a couple sediment filters + UV filter, but would this final step make it drinkable?
Mar 19, 2003
598 posts
159 upvotes
Just installed this. Noticed that when you turn off the water supply to the unit, the filtered water in the storage tank does not flow out when the tap is on. I was under the impression that the water in the storage tank is always under pressure?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1166 posts
651 upvotes
SW ON
Brondell - the Thirst Mutilator: It's got what plants crave! It's got electrolytes.

Nobody got reminded of that?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1996 posts
1679 upvotes
dablackgoku1234 wrote: Just installed this. Noticed that when you turn off the water supply to the unit, the filtered water in the storage tank does not flow out when the tap is on. I was under the impression that the water in the storage tank is always under pressure?
Ah this will totally explain why this unit water flow is slow compared to conventional ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dpwr wrote: if anyone wants absolutely the best RO system where water tastes amazing (I tried many systems) get this https://www.amazon.ca/Home-Master-TMHP- ... 85fb77bc58
Are you serious?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jul 26, 2016
13 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Has anyone done any cost analysis on these water filtration system, especially, around the cost of the filter itself? The more stages it has, the more filters needed to be replace. Some filters last have a 3-6 months, and some 1 year.

I gave up looking on buying one due to the "high" cost of the filters, but if anyone can prove me wrong, let me know, I might look at one soon, perhaps this brand as it's getting pretty nice reviews....
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1996 posts
1679 upvotes
tphuynh wrote: Has anyone done any cost analysis on these water filtration system, especially, around the cost of the filter itself? The more stages it has, the more filters needed to be replace. Some filters last have a 3-6 months, and some 1 year.

I gave up looking on buying one due to the "high" cost of the filters, but if anyone can prove me wrong, let me know, I might look at one soon, perhaps this brand as it's getting pretty nice reviews....
If you are cost effective person. Stick with regular conventional 4 or 5 stage RO systems. 200 to 250 for the unit.

I have already suggested that even repair, you can repair easily by yourself as parts are widely available. These one piece integrated units, you are stuck having company to repair it or you would be stuck to buy entire new unit. Not worth it in my opinion other than the good looks and advertised space saving.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1996 posts
1679 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Crazy question for a noob: does this thing have the ability to make lake water drinkable at a cottage? I have a couple sediment filters + UV filter, but would this final step make it drinkable?
Any regular RO system. With UV sanitizer will be drinkable for cottage. But you must have UV for untreated waters.