Sorry I need to add a note..dealio411 wrote: ↑I've had this Brondell unit for 6 months - since the pandemic lockdown - as we didn't want to keep going to grocery stores to buy bottled water. Suffice it to say, we should have bought this YEARS AGO!
1) Super easy to install for those with 0 tech skills.
2) Water went from TDS 400 to 15 (Total Dissolved Solids) and still at 24 six months later.
3) Filters last LONGER than 6 months. The tap is on a timer to blink RED at 6 months, but according to Brondell Customer Service, as long as your TDS readings are low, then the filters are still working fine and can last as long as 1 year, depending your usage (family of 3). Simply remove the battery from the tap to reset if the red light bugs you. The Osmosis Membrane filters lasts 2 years.
4) No more hard water in kettles, pots, or anywhere...
5) Waters tastes clean and still excellent after 6 months.
6) Saves on bottled water waste and lugging around those cases. $$$ savings.
7) No pump - this works on your water pressure - no electricity used and super-quiet operation.
1) Flow rate is low since there's no pump - about 15 seconds to fill 250 ML / 1 Cup - depends on your home's water pressure.
2) You can get 6 liters out before having to wait about 40 minutes for another 6 liters (Or 6-7 minutes for another 1 liter). For this reason, we still use regular tap water when boiling pasta etc...
3) Needs a good bit of Height under your kitchen sink - the lines are somewhat short.
4) If you are on Well Water with a pump, when the power goes out, there will be no water, so always keep some bottle cases for emergencies.
You can run the "wasted" water (2.1 gallons of water waste per 1 gallon of filtered water) to a 15L bottle/tank and use this on your plants/garden etc.... remembering to empty it everyday...
While TDS shows some information about your system. Not changing filters frequently and going by TDS is not a good measurement.
So how it works is that it goes through sediment and carbon filters first. Then goes through your membrane. By not changing filters, you end up not prolonging the life of the membrane. By the time your TDS shows, your membrane would already be spent.. Please consider changing filters on time. Once a year if your water consumption is low or frequent users or large families, every 6 months. Really depends on water usage. But those filters at the end is to protect the membrane...