[Costco] Build-A-Bear eGift Card 4 x $25 - $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 2:07 am
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
11 posts
12 upvotes

[Costco] Build-A-Bear eGift Card 4 x $25 - $69.99

Just noticed that the $100 Build-A-Bear gift cards from Costco.ca had gone down to $69.99 ( normally, $79.99). This is a fantastic deal if you couple it with the ongoing promotions of Build-A-Bear. At the moment, Build-A-Bear has a promo of Buy 1 Get 1 for $10 that includes “fan favourites” like How to Train Your Dragons plush, Frozen, Star Wars, Paw Patrol, etc.

Sometimes their promo goes as low as $1 for a bear!!
Last edited by mildcf on Dec 19th, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1194 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
These go on sale each year around this time. They can be used in U.S. stores and also for birthday parties.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3061 posts
1858 upvotes
how much do these bears usually cost? I walk past the store from time to time but never went inside. my little girl will be at that stage soon so I guess i better start saving for stuff like this haha
Feb 19, 2013
78 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
You can get a birthday bear on your kid's birthday, you just pay their age. So if they're 5 years old, you pay $5. The bears range from anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on what addons you put on
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1692 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get two modest bears out of this $100 GC.
Price really varies depending on many factors.
But if your kids are set on getting one eventually, the Costco GC is the way to go.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3061 posts
1858 upvotes
Yuubah wrote: You can get a birthday bear on your kid's birthday, you just pay their age. So if they're 5 years old, you pay $5. The bears range from anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on what addons you put on
wow thanks i didnt know about this. my daughter is turning 1 next april, I'm going to go then and get a $1 bear haha.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2339 posts
1617 upvotes
Calgary
AEmgee wrote: These go on sale each year around this time. They can be used in U.S. stores and also for birthday parties.
When I looked up our local store on their website, the birthday party form says that “Gift cards cannot be used as payment when booking a party”.

So unless their website is wrong, it seems these may not be able to be used for parties.
Feb 19, 2013
78 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
riseagainstthemachine wrote: wow thanks i didnt know about this. my daughter is turning 1 next april, I'm going to go then and get a $1 bear haha.
Yeah haha, I took advantage of this for the last 5 years =D
Sep 23, 2010
464 posts
1086 upvotes
T Dot
pongster wrote: premade would defeat the whole concept of build a bear Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
This made me lol, I almost spit my gum out Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1279 posts
1404 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: how much do these bears usually cost? I walk past the store from time to time but never went inside. my little girl will be at that stage soon so I guess i better start saving for stuff like this haha
You’ll be paying $50 out the door.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1194 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
jarfgames wrote: When I looked up our local store on their website, the birthday party form says that “Gift cards cannot be used as payment when booking a party”.

So unless their website is wrong, it seems these may not be able to be used for parties.
I think that refers to the deposit for payment for booking a party which is required at some locations, but not for final payment on the day of the party. It might be best to call your local location to confirm.

I have used it at two different locations to pay for birthday parties without any issue. There is also a review from the Costco.com website posted 3 days ago indicating that the gift cards had been successfully used to pay for a birthday party too. The Costco GCs certainly saved me a lot of money over the years!
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
11 posts
12 upvotes
I’ve been able to give away My Little Ponies and Pokemons for less than $40 each.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
11 posts
12 upvotes
You can also just buy them as gifts without stuffing it so the child (or adult Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes) can just go to the store and experience the whole process.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1045 posts
432 upvotes
Yuubah wrote: You can get a birthday bear on your kid's birthday, you just pay their age. So if they're 5 years old, you pay $5. The bears range from anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on what addons you put on
So the age price is just for the carcass and stuffing? The outfits cost extra? Baby is turning 1 soon lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9716 posts
64189 upvotes
Ontario
ariel wrote: So the age price is just for the carcass and stuffing? The outfits cost extra? Baby is turning 1 soon lol
outfits always cost extra. That's how they make their money.

Bears = $5
Tshirt = $20
Pants = $20
Sunglasses = $20
fake heart = $5