• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 11:46 pm
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
10140 posts
4220 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Buy 4 Pirelli tires and get $100 Costco eshop card

Title says it all. Not as hot as the deal last fall but still good. Just picked up 4 Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires for $800 that go for $875 at Canadian Tire.

Installation is $20 per tire and Costco members get the benefits of the Lifetime Maintenance Services: inflation pressure checks, tire balancing, tire rotations, as well as flat repairs. Tires also come with the Road Hazard Warranty.

Tires must be installed or picked up within 21 days of delivery to warehouse. The Costco eShop Card will be delivered to your email address 7-10 days from the date of order.
20 replies
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
442 upvotes
Quebec
Can't say for this particular model but I'm looking at some Bridgestone tires and they come out about 120$ cheaper than Costco on pneusarabais.com so it beats any postal rebate wich is weird because Costco is usually really agressive on bridgestone tires. You don't get the road hazard warranty however.
Dec 20, 2006
419 posts
185 upvotes
Just a heads up that Pirelli is the only tire brand that Costco carries which does not allow for puncture repairs. Instead, you have to warranty the whole tire, which potentially means you're driving on your spare for several days until your new tire arrives and you can get into the shop to have it installed. This is Pirelli's warranty conditions and has nothing to do with Costco.
Mar 4, 2011
112 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
ryecatcher wrote: Just a heads up that Pirelli is the only tire brand that Costco carries which does not allow for puncture repairs. Instead, you have to warranty the whole tire, which potentially means you're driving on your spare for several days until your new tire arrives and you can get into the shop to have it installed. This is Pirelli's warranty conditions and has nothing to do with Costco.
Thanks did know this.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3106 posts
552 upvotes
Newbury, ON
ryecatcher wrote: Just a heads up that Pirelli is the only tire brand that Costco carries which does not allow for puncture repairs. Instead, you have to warranty the whole tire, which potentially means you're driving on your spare for several days until your new tire arrives and you can get into the shop to have it installed. This is Pirelli's warranty conditions and has nothing to do with Costco.
This is not accurate. I have Pirelli Ice Zero snow tires I bought last year - one tire got a nail in it a month later. I took it in and they repaired it in an hour while I shopped.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1019 posts
317 upvotes
They don't repair Pirelli Run Flats. They also do not repair Pirelli Tires with a speed rating of V or higher. They can repair anything else Pirelli. They can repair punctures for a Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus with speed rating H (for example).

*edit* I should note that I don't know the policy regarding their winter tires as I'm only looking for summers and all seasons...
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1624 posts
629 upvotes
They have terrible prices in general
Dec 20, 2006
419 posts
185 upvotes
rilles wrote: This is not accurate. I have Pirelli Ice Zero snow tires I bought last year - one tire got a nail in it a month later. I took it in and they repaired it in an hour while I shopped.
Only relaying what the person behind the desk told me. If it's not accurate, I suggest asking your local Costco shop for more details before purchasing.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3270 posts
747 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Bunch of questions . Canadian Tire charges a $18/tire recycling fee on top of the listed price. Costco only charges $4/tire for the same thing?

I can get Michelin latitude x-ice xi2 from 2018 or the Pirelli Pirelli - WINTER ICE ZERO FR for approximately the same price. Would Costco tires be 2020 or 2019 guaranteed or might they also be 2018?

And are the Pirelli - WINTER ICE ZERO FR recommended by anyone? 215/70/r16 size for an outback
Last edited by Kevinck on Feb 28th, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3106 posts
552 upvotes
Newbury, ON
Kevinck wrote: Bunch of questions . Canadian Tire charges a $18/tire recycling fee on top of the listed price. Costco only charges $4/tire for the same thing?

I can get Michelin latitude x-ice xi2 from 2018 or the Pirelli Pirelli - WINTER ICE ZERO FR for approximately the same price. Would Costco tires be 2020 or 201o guaranteed or might they Lao be 2018?

And are the Pirelli - WINTER ICE ZERO FR recommended by anyone? 215/70/r16 size for an outback
i have SUV sized ice zero's. they are good winter tires and are the first winter tires I have ever used that I can say are all-season quiet on the road.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16286 posts
6445 upvotes
kowell wrote: Can't say for this particular model but I'm looking at some Bridgestone tires and they come out about 120$ cheaper than Costco on pneusarabais.com so it beats any postal rebate wich is weird because Costco is usually really agressive on bridgestone tires. You don't get the road hazard warranty however.
The Costco magazine said there would be a $70 discount on Bridgestone tires in May (I think, it was March or May).

I'm personally waiting for the 1 cent installation to combine with the gift card promo.
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
442 upvotes
Quebec
TrevorK wrote: The Costco magazine said there would be a $70 discount on Bridgestone tires in May (I think, it was March or May).

I'm personally waiting for the 1 cent installation to combine with the gift card promo.
My price comparison includes an installation fee on both sides although my local shop charges less than Costco to do it.

Bridgestone Turanza Quietride size 235/60R17

Costco : 759.96 + 79.96 installation + 12.00 tire levy + all Quebec taxes = 979.50$
Pneusarabais : 658.40 + 65 install fee at my local shop + 12.00 tire levy + all Quebec taxes = 835.79$
Total difference 143.71$

If you can get a 70$ rebate card and free installation at Costco than yes it's pretty much the same price since rebate cards usually don't apply to online distributors. (for some reason...)
Dec 23, 2006
1 posts
Also gotta factor in the roadside hazards warranty offered by Costco... Does the local shop offer similar warranty? Is that warranty included in the installation charge?
kowell wrote: My price comparison includes an installation fee on both sides although my local shop charges less than Costco to do it.

Bridgestone Turanza Quietride size 235/60R17

Costco : 759.96 + 79.96 installation + 12.00 tire levy + all Quebec taxes = 979.50$
Pneusarabais : 658.40 + 65 install fee at my local shop + 12.00 tire levy + all Quebec taxes = 835.79$
Total difference 143.71$

If you can get a 70$ rebate card and free installation at Costco than yes it's pretty much the same price since rebate cards usually don't apply to online distributors. (for some reason...)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3270 posts
747 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
TrevorK wrote: I'm personally waiting for the 1 cent installation to combine with the gift card promo.
Is that likely to happen before the pirelli promo is over?