whatsinaname wrote:
May 10th, 2019 12:46 am
Probably dry ice
Keep in mind there's a $25 delivery charge if the order is under $250
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2003
1034 posts
1 upvote
Anyone seen these in the GTA? I've been looking for the past few weeks and had no luck finding any.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1302 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
dereky wrote:
May 13th, 2019 10:00 am
Anyone seen these in the GTA? I've been looking for the past few weeks and had no luck finding any.
I thought I saw a post where someone saw it at Kitchener...but AFAIK the farthest east this has been seen is Winnipeg. Most of the chatter from GTA posters has been about getting AAA brisket from the Costco Business Centre for the same price.
Jan 8, 2007
475 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton
Torque wrote:
May 12th, 2019 10:27 pm
What are the smoking details?
I tried one yesterday and wasn't blown away.
225 until 160, then foiled and in again until 195. Let it rest for 2 hours.
You injected broth and the spices?
Thanks
225 until 160, foil on until 180. Back in until 195 to reduce moisture. Rest 3 hours.

Yes, I used a "flavour injector" that I bought from the dollar store. I put all my spices in my Nutri-Bullet, blended them to a paste, and injected into the meat before cooking.

It adds so much flavor as a whole because once the fat starts to render, the juices seep from all locations into the whole brisket. My brother grabbed one today and wants me to prep it for him next weekend because of how well it came out.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.
Oct 18, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
For anybody looking to pick-up a beef brisket for the long weekend, the Costco business centre in Scarborough had it in stock yesterday afternoon.

As others have stated, it was AAA at $8.99/kg. The packages were approximately 6 kg each. There were more than 5 packages out when I left.
Jul 3, 2007
215 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I was there at 9:30am and there was a person there stocking the brisket shelf. There were at least 25, ranging from 10 lbs to one that was 18 lbs, with most about 12-14 lbs. They are whole briskets but partially trimmed already. I made a comment to him that they had so much and he said that it’s very popular and it will sell out well before end of day.

edyee
alohamahalo wrote:
May 19th, 2019 9:12 am
For anybody looking to pick-up a beef brisket for the long weekend, the Costco business centre in Scarborough had it in stock yesterday afternoon.

As others have stated, it was AAA at $8.99/kg. The packages were approximately 6 kg each. There were more than 5 packages out when I left.
Feb 10, 2003
900 posts
343 upvotes
Calgary
Spotted some at the NE Calgary Costco (Sunridge) on Sunday (I believe they were only spotted at Beacon Hill and Crossiron previously). All big ones though, roughly 8-9kg.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1545 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
We really should all be messaging Costco Canada to make this a staple in their warehouses nationally.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20916 posts
6945 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
May 21st, 2019 3:57 am
We really should all be messaging Costco Canada to make this a staple in their warehouses nationally.
Right? Phoned Vancouver. Nothing.
I'm sad.
Nov 13, 2013
362 posts
145 upvotes
Quebec
CaptainCrash wrote:
Already did it using the form on website, never got any reply
Jun 15, 2010
119 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Dukman wrote:
May 5th, 2019 11:37 pm
It's a challenge but I think I got it down, after much research. A lot of places say to get it to 175-180 internal temperature. Not good enough. I get it to 160F naked then wrap it in foil and let it go to 205F. Once it hits 205F I get it out. Cut of the point, chop it up, put it back in the smoker to make burnt ends.The process takes almost 24 hours, but you'll have friends for life.
Very interesting - I tend to wrap a bit earlier (155F ish to make sure it doesn't hit the stall but also has enough time to get really smokey), let the ambient temp drop a bit and take out closer to 185F. How high do you have the ambient temp and how long does it typically take to get to 205F? I think I'll try this out soon (just finished 90-day-dry-aging a brisket and may try something new with it)
Dec 14, 2006
584 posts
151 upvotes
This 3 stage method didn't work for me.
I think that the moisture after the foiling actually cooled down the meat.
So temps dropped way down, then a long time to get internal back up.
It blackened the edges, but not in a good way.
I didn't try injecting.

Next experiment will be to try 160 naked, foil to 205, then rest for 2 hours.
Webkikr wrote:
May 13th, 2019 4:01 pm
225 until 160, foil on until 180. Back in until 195 to reduce moisture. Rest 3 hours.

Yes, I used a "flavour injector" that I bought from the dollar store. I put all my spices in my Nutri-Bullet, blended them to a paste, and injected into the meat before cooking.

It adds so much flavor as a whole because once the fat starts to render, the juices seep from all locations into the whole brisket. My brother grabbed one today and wants me to prep it for him next weekend because of how well it came out.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2798 posts
835 upvotes
Looks like they have corned brisket too, which is basically brisket brined in spices.
You're halfway to making some Montreal smoked meat right there.

Though the price is only slightly higher,
I assume the value is not as good because you're paying for the weight of a lot more liquid, not meat

Still....if you think smoked brisket can make you friends for life, if you make Montreal smoked brisket you might have groupies for life!
Aug 23, 2012
58 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
polux400 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:41 am
I saw them today at BoisBriand Costco.
Are you sure you saw a whole brisket at boisbriand? do you know if they always carry it? it's like 45 minutes from home, so I'd like to be sure lol

I'll call later today!
Sep 15, 2011
880 posts
430 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
CaptainCrash wrote:
I agree - I just sent a message to customer service on the Costco website asking for them to be carried in Orillia or Barrie. Make it a campaign!