[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1302 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
JimU wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:31 pm
while true (last time i was at Costco Business Centre in January, it was $ 8.99 / kg and they had briskets between 4 kg and 6.5 kg), based on the differences (tenderness, flavour, etc.) between Costco Canada AAA ribeye and Costco Canadian Prime ribeye, it would say the two grades are incomparable. Prime is a world of difference better.

i would consider this as warmer than 'warm'.
Would you consider it “smoking” hot? ;)

Also would like to point out for those that missed it that this is for Prime grade meat, much better than AAA. IMO it’s well worth the $2/kg premium to step up from AAA.
Mar 30, 2019
158 posts
83 upvotes
Anyone seen stock in Etobicoke/Mississauga location?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6817 posts
2078 upvotes
Markham
111swerve wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 1:41 pm
Anyone seen stock in Etobicoke/Mississauga location?
PRIME!!!! >>>> AAA

Post if seen (and price) at any local GTA Costcos please not just Etobicoke/Mississauga.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2241 posts
472 upvotes
Belle River
Does the grade make a big difference with a brisket, and when you're slow cooking/smoking it over 12+ hours? I've never paid attention to grade for the briskets I've done, which are usually done in the oven for minimum 14-16 hours. Unfortunately I suck at smoking, I can't keep the fire steady, but I had a nicely smoked one a friend did and as someone else said, it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.
Jul 11, 2009
513 posts
193 upvotes
Canada
Wonder if Costco is open tomorrow - ie good friday.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1101 posts
19 upvotes
Question.... I've never been to Costco Business center. Can you just walk in and buy a single brisket??? I checked online and they only sell by the boxes (25kg which I don't need).
eBay Feedback ID: Sapord (106)
HEATWARE!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1223 posts
360 upvotes
Gunfunk wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 1:25 pm
What temp did u sous vide to?
I've done 144 for 36 hours, comes out a nice texture.
Jul 11, 2009
347 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
CS-Source-ChallengeME! wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 2:39 pm
Question.... I've never been to Costco Business center. Can you just walk in and buy a single brisket??? I checked online and they only sell by the boxes (25kg which I don't need).
yes. you just need a costco membership. you can buy a single brisket. online store probably doesn't want to bother with delivery of a single unit.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2422 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spotted in Winnipeg a few weeks ago. They had 8-10 big briskets out
Nov 13, 2007
449 posts
188 upvotes
Montreal
Prime or AAA id just be happy if QC costcos offerred brisket... PERIOD!

otherwise im paying 7-8$ a lb for probably what is AA at the local butchers. Outrageous!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1690 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Don't have a smoker... Is Slow cooker OK for brisket or sacrilege?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3040 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
Any really good tried and test method for in oven for brisket ?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2241 posts
472 upvotes
Belle River
samson wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 7:40 pm
Don't have a smoker... Is Slow cooker OK for brisket or sacrilege?
As I posted earlier I don't smoke them, I just do them in the oven for 14-16 hours. It's a completely different result, but still good. Same with pork shoulders, both are an easy way to make a good main that feeds a lot of people. Sometimes I only dry rub them similar to how you would when smoking. Other times I do them more like a traditional "roast" where in addition to seasoning I also add in onions, carrots, celery, etc., some on top with toothpicks to make sure they stay on top and let flavour goes down through slowly. Sometimes I also stab the meat with a small knife and force cloves of garlic in. I may or may not also drizzle oil over the veggies, you really can't mess them up, as I said easy as long as you can dedicate your oven for that many hours, very good, and feeds a lot of people.

Slow cooker I imagine the result is very similar to an oven. My sister does pork shoulders in a slow cooker, I don't like the way she flavours/sauces it but the meat is nice.

But a properly smoked brisket or pork shoulder, omg it's so good :).

Oh an oven tip if anyone is trying for the first time, I discovered that my oven automatically shuts off after 12 hours.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1690 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 7:55 pm
As I posted earlier I don't smoke them, I just do them in the oven for 14-16 hours. It's a completely different result, but still good. Same with pork shoulders, both are an easy way to make a good main that feeds a lot of people. Sometimes I only dry rub them similar to how you would when smoking. Other times I do them more like a traditional "roast" where in addition to seasoning I also add in onions, carrots, celery, etc., some on top with toothpicks to make sure they stay on top and let flavour goes down through slowly. Sometimes I also stab the meat with a small knife and force cloves of garlic in. I may or may not also drizzle oil over the veggies, you really can't mess them up, as I said easy as long as you can dedicate your oven for that many hours, very good, and feeds a lot of people.

Slow cooker I imagine the result is very similar to an oven. My sister does pork shoulders in a slow cooker, I don't like the way she flavours/sauces it but the meat is nice.

But a properly smoked brisket or pork shoulder, omg it's so good :).

Oh an oven tip if anyone is trying for the first time, I discovered that my oven automatically shuts off after 12 hours.
Thanks... I am salivating reading your post and I had dinner an hour ago. :)

Thread Information

There are currently 19 users viewing this thread. (13 members and 6 guests)

PigsRTastey, Guimz911, Dunwitu, macdaddy6, bobroham, Fufuboi, photonix, folinc, blind56, Solex, yoloswag, steveman, ShiningFingers